Are somalis a combination of different groups?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no I'm talking about 100% native somalis. who share features with the groups. their somali but dont "look" somali if that makes sense.
The different features that you are referring to can even be found within a single family. This why one average most Somalis look more or less the same.

I knew that was the main thing that sparked this thread and it was answered above (post #8).

A group with the same origin can have individuals that look rather different. Using Ireland as an example, they have blond, red, and black haired individuals all with the exact same origin.

i was watching that video and they all look like 4 different ethnic groups to me.

far left looks stereotypecipcally somali, middle right looks habash, middle left looks bantu adjacent, far right looks...honestly i dont even know.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
There are even Somali families where the siblings don't look anything like each other. This exact same phenomenon also exists on a macro level (within ethnicity).

i'd say that's the majority of somali families

there's always those two siblings that couldn't look further apart till you match them to their parents and see where each feature went

i was watching that video and they all look like 4 different ethnic groups to me.

far right looks stereotypecipcally somali, middle right looks habash, middle left looks bantu adjacent, far right looks...honestly i dont even know.

they honestly all look somali. the bantu looking guy doesn't look bantu at all. just has thicker hair than the rest. and black einstein way on the right looks somali as well.

there's always those two siblings that couldn't look further apart till you match them to their parents and see where each feature went

they honestly all look somali. the bantu looking guy doesn't look bantu at all. just has thicker hair than the rest. and black einstein way on the right looks somali as well.
idk maybe I'm just not around too many somalis. like if i saw them on the street id know their somali (except for the middle right who looks ethiopian) but at the same time its odd that our features are so diverse.

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf

and then there's those families whose kids all look exactly the fucking same and all their names start with the same letter on some creepy shit :russ:

far left looks stereotypecipcally somali, middle right looks habash, middle left looks bantu adjacent, far right looks...honestly i dont even know.
Tbh I'm doubting you having ever met a lot Somalis irl or hang out with a lot. You'd know we have a big but distinct range of looks. They all look Somali.

Even other ethnic groups have caught on on our distinct looks.

Apollo

VIP
i'd say that's the majority of somali families.

This has been studied and from what I recall, in East Africa this occurs more often and the least among East Asians and Native Americans. This also partially explains where the stereotype of 'all Asians look the same' comes from. It's partially true. Somalis are on the opposite end of this.

If you look at Somalis, they can range from light skin with small noses/soft hair to darkskin with an afro and a bigger nose. Lip sizes also greatly vary.
Look at any other homogenous ethnic group: eg the most homogenous group in the world, Koreans. They all have relatively the same skin colour, hair texture and general features.
Even if you look at diverse African countries and tribes (Ghanaians, Nigerians etc) they all relatively share the same features.
Yes there are some identifiable features, but Somalis are physically very diverse which is strange for such a homogenous group.
There are many bantu & yemeni looking ethnic Somalis.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Tbh I'm doubting you having ever met a lot Somalis irl or hang out with a lot. You'd know we have a big but distinct range of looks. They all look Somali.

Even other ethnic groups have caught on on our distinct looks.
At least you are nice enough to assume that she hasn't met Somalis.
I remember marvelling (while still being aware) of the fact that Somalis can look so different from each other.
I was accused of being a sheegato :mjcry:

At least you are nice enough to assume that she hasn't met Somalis.
I remember marvelling (while still being aware) of the fact that Somalis can look so different from each other.
I was accused of being a sheegato :mjcry:
idk as a korean woman i generally assume other ethnic groups closely resemble each other

953aed5a0fa4b3d57cfc62c4b5985a3e.gif

We may have some variations, like how some Germans have blond hair & others have brunette hair etc. Likewise, all these variations our people have are still distinctly Somali.

Last edited:

DeathWish

Hotep and Hebrew Israelite
I believe ancient Greece was a Somali race.
Walaal, I am a Hotep, but even I won't go that far. You can claim Kemet (Ancient Egypt) because all Africans made it.
If you start claiming the Greeks, they will start saying, "WE WUZ GREEKZ AND SHIET."

Last edited:
Walaal, I am a Hotep, but even I don't go that far. You can claim Kemet (Ancient Egypt) because all Africans made it.
If you start claiming the Greeks, they will start saying, "WE WUZ GREEKZ AND SHIET."

:ayaanswag:

Kemet was Egyptian. We, and other Africans(except Nubians somewhat), had nothing to do with it.

DeathWish

Hotep and Hebrew Israelite
:ayaanswag:

Kemet was Egyptian. We and other Africans(except Nubians somewhat) had nothing to do with it.
The Pharoahs of Egypt had E1b1A as their Y haplogroup which means that they are West/ Central Africans.
upload_2017-3-16_15-28-52-png.14549

This is the DNA of Tutankhamun and his family.

The Nubians had everything to do with Egypt. They were the ones that made the culture. The Egyptians you see today are not the real Egyptians. The real Egyptians are in the South of Egypt. They say that they are original and that the "white Egyptians" are just Turks, Greeks, and Arabs.

I have already proven this in this thread: http://www.somalispot.com/threads/black-civilizations.20683/
It will only take ten mins to read. Tell me your thoughts after you have finished reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending