Are Somali Women The Backbone Of Our Culture?

In what diaspora are Somali men doing well?
Here in San Diego, California theirs plenty of Somali men that are doing well for themselves, same upstate in the bay area , Portland, Oregon & in Seattle, Washington. Most Somali guys i know that were doing bad in life was when I lived in Minneapolis & in Colombus theirs a lot of Somali men that are bums in the midwest it’s kind of ridiculous. But their is some successful somali men in Minnesota too.

Ok. I feel like you guys are just generalizing and over exaggerating.

Having nice dresses, cooking food, and wearing guntino and alinidi doesn't qualify for being the backbone of a society.

Nobody is downplaying the role of our Hoyo's. But it is still the Somali men that are the backbone of our society. Can Somali overall do better yeah, but you guys are acting like the Somali men have forsaken their duty, which is not true.

Let’s be real here. Most of the men in the diaspora are bums, truck drivers (gone for months at a time), khat chewers or absent.
Some are but not all are like that.. I know plenty of Somali men who are in engineering and other industries, I also know some who are great fathers and husbands. This narrative of painting Somali men as losers is very dangerous and often times very misleading, so be careful with that... Anyway if you want to praise Somali women why do you must put down the men in the process?

Some are but not all are like that.. I know plenty of Somali men who are in engineering and other industries, I also know some who are great fathers and husbands. This narrative of painting Somali men as losers is very dangerous and often times very misleading, so be careful with that... Anyway if you want to praise Somali women why do you must put down the men in the process?
I’m noticing a trend of absent fatherhood.

Let’s be real here. Most of the men in the diaspora are bums, truck drivers (gone for months at a time), khat chewers or absent.
Btw, I forget to add, there's nothing wrong with being a truck driver if that is how you put bread on the table or support your family.

Ok. I feel like you guys are just generalizing and over exaggerating.

Having nice dresses, cooking food, and wearing guntino and alinidi doesn't qualify for being the backbone of a society.

Nobody is downplaying the role of our Hoyo's. But it is still the Somali men that are the backbone of our society. Can Somali overall do better yeah, but you guys are acting like the Somali men have forsaken their duty, which is not true.
Again, how are Somali men the backbone of our culture?

Being gone from your children from months at a time is horrible.
Yeah but then they can spend time with the on their off periods... Not everyone can have the ideal picture perfect family setup and that is fine and who are we to look down on how people put bread on the table?

Yeah but then they can spend time with the on their off periods... Not everyone can have the ideal picture perfect family setup and that is fine and who are we to look down on how people put bread on the table?
Look at the current state of the diaspora, we need men to be with their kids.

Again, how are Somali men the backbone of our culture?

You sound like a African American woman with all your negativity.

Somali men are the backbone of our cultures, because they MOST SOMALI MEN are fathers who love their family.. They provide for the wife and children and sometimes even distance relative. They now the importance of fatherhood and are involved in their children live.

This picture you tryna paint of most of the men in the diaspora are bums, truck drives (gone fo months at a time, khat chewers or absent) is simply not true.

1. Just because you saw a couple bums, does not make it majority.
2. Only in America do somali men work as truck drivers. So don't paint that all they do.
3. Khat chewers. Even in Somalia its not the majority. Even in Somaliland its not the majority.
4.Absent fathers , since you live in America you might think your black. Somali fathers are rarely absent.

I’ll be honest. Somali men are doing terrible in the west, I’m not going to sugarcoat the truth to you all. Somali men are killing each other all over the west. From Sweden to Canada to U.K. you guys cause trouble everywhere you go. I’m not going to blame all Somali men because Alhamduillah I know good ones ( rare) however I never see a Somali girl on the news for chucking a grenade in someone’s window. Or stabbing people in the street for no reason. Somali women are the backbone of our whole
Society, most Somali girls are at university and do very well compared to the men. Somali mothers are known to look after their 10 kids while her husband is no one to be seen! Even white People have asked the Somali mothers in my area where are the fathers? I hope the next generation is better because so far in the west some of you men have tarnished what was left of our reputation.

I’ll be honest. Somali men are doing terrible in the west, I’m not going to sugarcoat the truth to you all. Somali men are killing each other all over the west. From Sweden to Canada to U.K. you guys cause trouble everywhere you go. I’m not going to blame all Somali men because Alhamduillah I know good ones ( rare) however I never see a Somali girl on the news for chucking a grenade in someone’s window. Or stabbing people in the street for no reason. Somali women are the backbone of our whole
Society, most Somali girls are at university and do very well compared to the men. Somali mothers are known to look after their 10 kids while her husband is no one to be seen! Even white People have asked the Somali mothers in my area where are the fathers? I hope the next generation is better because so far in the west some of you men have tarnished what was left of our reputation.
You sound like one of those right wing politicians when they are demonizing immigrants.

Sigh.... This is not a majority tho. I suggest you guys look up what a majority means in the dictionary.

So according to you
MOST somali men from Sweden to Canada to the Uk are
1. Killing each other
2. Stabbing each other in the street.
3. Don't look after their kids, the mother does it.

While on the other hand the girls go the uni and for that are the backbone of the sociecty.

Don't you see how ridiculous you sound??
Go to any major town in those country you named and I suggest you to a research on the matter. I could you right now. Most Somali men are doing fine , your just suffering from selfhate

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
In the west, specifically America. I see hoyos and the oldest daughters struggling to take care of lots of children.
That they chose to have lol. Making your daughters take care of your kids instead of living their lives is even more evil when you think about it.

Whenever injustices happen in our community, it's the hoyos and daughters that go out and stand up for us.

are you talking about the blm protests?

In the professional field, somali women are climbing up in the ranks and are taking care of their families.

Not at all true. Dozens of Somali male lawyers, doctors, politicians and engineers here in Canada. Not many Somali women doing things like that, it’s not a competition either. But if you guys seriously want to compare Somali men and women then we can do that if it means putting an end to it.

You can pander to Somali women without bringing us into it, just saying 🤒

That they chose to have lol. Making your daughters take care of your kids instead of living their lives is even more evil when you think about it.

Not at all true. Dozens of Somali male lawyers, doctors, politicians and engineers here in Canada. Not many Somali women doing things like that, it’s not a competition either. But if you guys seriously want to compare Somali men and women then we can do that if it means putting an end to it.

Finally someone making sense here.

Sigh.... This is not a majority tho. I suggest you guys look up what a majority means in the dictionary.

So according to you
MOST somali men from Sweden to Canada to the Uk are
1. Killing each other
2. Stabbing each other in the street.
3. Don't look after their kids, the mother does it.

While on the other hand the girls go the uni and for that are the backbone of the sociecty.

Don't you see how ridiculous you sound??
Go to any major town in those country you named and I suggest you to a research on the matter. I could you right now. Most Somali men are doing fine , your just suffering from selfhate

People like to use their opinions and gut feelings as a fact.. This constant bashing and negativity is not healthy.

Somali men make the women have lots of children, then become absent and force the mother and the eldest to take care of it.

If we look at the current general statistics, Somali men are behind in the diaspora (wealth).

Trending