Are somali men becoming cucks?

Somalia is an ethno state the tribe is called Somali. All the rest are non ethnic and somali-admixed tribes.

I hate niggas who keep yapping about "foriegn concept"
Somalis have built several dozens states from 1,300 years at most based on Sharia law. It's only recently we included (and failed) western systems alongside Islamic based law in Somalia.

Just cause there wasn't a country called "Republic of Somalia" doesn't mean there wasn't a Somali state
Countries didn’t exist and as for the states that were created in Somalia, that didn’t include all Somalis. Somalis never had one United country based on ethnicity and many of the states they created were on tribal lines.

It's literally in the name

:drakekidding:

Somalia: land of the Somalis.

Everyone else is a guest who better behave or else
Yes the land of Somalis but you have Bantus and sons of Yemenis, Indians, Iranians and Omanis.

Unless you’re willing to refuse them citizenship, Which the Somali gov isn’t, Somalia isn’t an ethno-state.

‘ITs iN tHe NaMe’ Kulaha and those that have liked this are also silly.

Forget me marrying out I personally wouldn't even marry a Halimo that has had one of her siblings marry out. That just tells me that it is normalized in their family and is seen as ok and her father is a absent and/or weak man and I don't want any association with that family.

:idontlike:

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
Countries didn’t exist and as for the states that were created in Somalia, that didn’t include all Somalis. Somalis never had one United country based on ethnicity and many of the states they created were on tribal lines.

Barr-as Sumal was already a known entity as early the 1500s, when you take into account that it takes centuries for a name to not only gain local traction from Berbera to Barawa but also be known as such on a international scale, then its clear the Somali Nation is as old as any European Nation. The difference is where the previously disunited Germans, British and Italians succeeded through Nation-state Unions in the 19th century, we were denied that privilege during the Dervish period, and the 77’ War.

bohom

Here to chill
Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Neither did Italy or Germany until their unifications. Doesn't mean the concept doesn't exist.

Barr-as Sumal was already a known entity as early the 1500s, when you take into account that it takes centuries for a name to not only gain local traction from Berbera to Barawa but also be known as such on a international scale, then its clear the Somali Nation is as old as any European Nation.
That’s historically inaccurate in so many ways. The people of Berbera had completely different leaders to people of Banadir.
The difference is where the previously disunited Germans, British and Italians succeeded through Nation-state Unions in the 19th century, we were denied that privilege during the Dervish period, and the 77’ War.
Somalia was never United or a country. Our regions were simply called the lands inhabited by Somalis. We weren’t ruled by the same entities or had much to do with each other.

People should learn what countries are and what makes a country a country. Laws, same rulerships, national identity ect. We never had a national identity. We were ruled by different Ugaas, Imaam, Boqors and the list goes on.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Yes the land of Somalis but you have Bantus and sons of Yemenis, Indians, Iranians and Omanis.

Unless you’re willing to refuse them citizenship, Which the Somali gov isn’t, Somalia isn’t an ethno-state.

‘ITs iN tHe NaMe’ Kulaha and those that have liked this are also silly.

Where are these Yemenis, Indians, Iranians, and Omanis hiding? You mean the 10 reer xamar left in Somalia after the USC mass extinction event of 1991? Be real :icon lol:

The Bantus are for the most part culturally Somali and their numbers are grossly exaggerated here for dramatic effect.

Where are these Yemenis, Indians, Iranians, and Omanis hiding? You mean the 10 reer xamar left in Somalia after the USC mass extinction event of 1991? Be real :icon lol:

The Bantus are for the most part culturally Somali and their numbers are grossly exaggerated here for dramatic effect.
There are a lot of them in Xamar. I saw a lot and they had whole areas. They the Somali Bantus are a significant ethnic minority.

Hence my question is, do you believe they’re Somali nationals? Because if you do, there goes your belief in Somalia being an ethno-state.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
There are a lot of them in Xamar. I saw a lot and they had whole areas. They the Somali Bantus are a significant ethnic minority.

Hence my question is, do you believe they’re Somali nationals? Because if you do, there goes your belief in Somalia being an ethno-state.

They're a tiny insignificant minority who've for the most part totally adopted Somali culture, customs, and most importantly, language.

Somalia is a natural nation state overwhelmingly comprised of ethnic Somalis from Awdal to Ras Kambooni. A few hundred thousand individuals in a sea of tens of millions doesn't make us some multiethnic state.

One language, one religion, one people, one rei... I mean one state.

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
That’s historically inaccurate in so many ways. The people of Berbera had completely different leaders to people of Banadir.

Yet Ibn Battuta referred to the land between Zeila and Mogadishu as ‘their country’. Ibn Majid in his map also stretched the land of Somalis from Berbera to Barawa, a clearly defined territory, and almost perfectly accurate to today’s borders. An entity like Adal also doesn’t levy soldiers from an unrelated region unless there was some kind of a political relationship / kinship between the two entities, which is what happened between Mogadishu and Adal. The House of Gareen that ruled the South also traced its origins to Berbera in the North.

We are suffering a lack of research in terms of historical relationships between Somali entities but the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. There are many provinces of Adal mentioned by 16th century individuals like Olfert Dapper that haven’t been identified yet and which could very well correspond to modern Somali regions not traditionally included in the borders of Adal.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Somalia was never United or a country. Our regions were simply called the lands inhabited by Somalis. We weren’t ruled by the same entities or had much to do with each other.

People should learn what countries are and what makes a country a country. Laws, same rulerships, national identity ect. We never had a national identity. We were ruled by different Ugaas, Imaam, Boqors and the list goes on.

I disagree, because there was a specific element that United the entire Somali peninsula and Nation, which was the nomads, and depending on the season, a nomad could become an Adalite or a Mogadishan.

This explains the genetic overlap, the Somali lingua franca, the same religion with the same madhab, the commonality in saints, the Xeer legal system, and the mass adoption of the term Somali, coast to coast etc, few countries have such a strong foundation as a Nation, unfortunately for us the clan-system has a way of erasing all of those historic commonalities despite the Samaale patriarch.

To be honest, I really don’t have the energy to get into a back and forth, and just wanted to add my two cents, so if you are still convinced that there was no unified Somali Nation historically, then you can have the last word.

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
Barr-as Sumal was already a known entity as early the 1500s, when you take into account that it takes centuries for a name to not only gain local traction from Berbera to Barawa but also be known as such on a international scale, then its clear the Somali Nation is as old as any European Nation. The difference is where the previously disunited Germans, British and Italians succeeded through Nation-state Unions in the 19th century, we were denied that privilege during the Dervish period, and the 77’ War.
I’ll add onto this, when the Sultans corresponded with foreigners outside of the Somali peninsula, the Sultans would style themselves as the “Emir of Somalis” as shown when the Majeerteen Sultan wrote letters to the Arab Sultan of Ras Khaimah or when the Ajuran Sultan Olol Dinle dealt with the Italians. It’s been shown that although the Somali peninsula was ruled by many different Sultanates, Emirates, or Sheikhdoms, when it came to dealing with international powers they came under a common identity and nation.

attash

Amaan Duule
Yet Ibn Battuta referred to the land between Zeila and Mogadishu as ‘their country’. Ibn Majid in his map also stretched the land of Somalis from Berbera to Barawa, a clearly defined territory, and almost perfectly accurate to today’s borders. An entity like Adal also doesn’t levy soldiers from an unrelated region unless there was some kind of a political relationship / kinship between the two entities, which is what happened between Mogadishu and Adal. The House of Gareen that ruled the South also traced its origins to Berbera in the North.

We are suffering a lack of research in terms of historical relationships between Somali entities but the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. There are many provinces of Adal mentioned by 16th century individuals like Olfert Dapper that haven’t been identified yet and which could very well correspond to modern Somali regions not traditionally included in the borders of Adal.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I disagree, because there was a specific element that United the entire Somali peninsula and Nation, which was the nomads, and depending on the season, a nomad could become an Adalite or a Mogadishan.

This explains the genetic overlap, the Somali lingua franca, the same religion with the same madhab, the commonality in saints, the Xeer legal system, and the mass adoption of the term Somali, coast to coast etc, few countries have such a strong foundation as a Nation, unfortunately for us the clan-system has a way of erasing all of those historic commonalities despite the Samaale patriarch.

To be honest, I really don’t have the energy to get into a back and forth, and just wanted to add my two cents, so if you are still convinced that there was no unified Somali Nation historically, then you can have the last word.
I want to add that the Sultan of Mogadishu payed tribute to Badlay ibn Sa'ad ud-Din in the 15th century. I believe the Adal Sultanate ruled over all Somalis at one point, which would mean the idea of Somalis having never been united is a myth.

I want to add that the Sultan of Mogadishu payed tribute to Badlay ibn Sa'ad ud-Din in the 15th century. I believe the Adal Sultanate ruled over all Somalis at one point, which would mean the idea of Somalis having never been united is a myth.
Evidence please?

Trending