Are most of somalis mixed with levantine?

I’ve noticed that most of the DNA company’s like Gedmatch, Yourdnaportal, G25 etc show Levantine for most of the somali DNA results that I have seen online.

Apollo

VIP
I’ve noticed that most of the DNA company’s like Gedmatch, Yourdnaportal, G25 etc show Levantine for most of the somali DNA results that I have seen online.

All Somalis have roughly the same amount of Southwest Eurasian admixture/affinity.

The main variable between Somalis is the amount of Bantu admixture. That is the most common type of foreign admixture in Somalis, not recent Arab, recent Bantu is what differentiates Somalis the most.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
All Somalis have roughly the same amount of Southwest Eurasian admixture/affinity.

The main variable between Somalis is the amount of Bantu admixture. That is the most common type of foreign admixture in Somalis, not recent Arab, recent Bantu is what differentiates Somalis the most.
Trollingka jooji. Almost no one has any "Bantu" outside of some Degoodi saaxiibs. 0.something 23andme "Southeast African" in some reer Koonfur is nothing. I'm mostly north-central and have no "Bantu" when you run stuff like G25 and even I show decimal point SE African. It's clearly more a result of there being Horner admixture in them making some Somalis show decimal point results for the component.

Apollo

VIP
Trollingka jooji. Almost no one has any "Bantu" outside of some Degoodi saaxiibs. 0.something 23andme "Southeast African" in some reer Koonfur is nothing. I'm mostly north-central and have no "Bantu" when you run stuff like G25 and even I show decimal point SE African. It's clearly more a result of there being Horner admixture in them making some Somalis show decimal point results for the component.

Not trolling, I am serious. On 23andMe, it is mostly Darods, Isaaqs etc testing themselves.

Whenever academic population geneticists take samples from places like Mogadishu, Bay, or Somali refugee camps in Yemen you see a huge amount of Bantu admixed outliers. Given the demographic weight in the South, Bantu is by far the most common type of recent admixture in Somalis.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Not trolling, I am serious. On 23andMe, it is mostly Darods, Isaaqs etc testing themselves.

Whenever academic population geneticists take samples from places like Mogadishu, Bay, or Somali refugee camps in Yemen you see a huge amount of Bantu admixed outliers. Given the demographic weight in the South, it is by far the most common type of recent admixture.
That's not true. Those outliers are usually complete outliers as in straight-up "Somali Bantus" or Cadcads. I have yet to see much of any actual reer Koonfur with Bantu admixture even in minute amounts. Take that one study we shared a while back with both reer Waqooyi iyo reer Koonfur. At first it looked like the reer Koonfur had Bantu admixture until you looked at the individual ADMIX results or the PCA and noticed like 90% of the reer Konnfur samples were identical to the reer Waqooyi samples and there were just a handful of complete outliers clustering with Kikuyus which were obviously Bantus.

Apollo

VIP
That's not true. Those outliers are usually complete outliers as in straight-up "Somali Bantus" or Cadcads. I have yet to see much of any actual reer Koonfur with Bantu admixture even in minute amounts. Take that one study we shared a while back with both reer Waqooyi iyo reer Koonfur. At first it looked like the reer Koonfur had Bantu admixture until you looked at the individual ADMIX results or the PCA and noticed like 90% of the reer Konnfur samples were identical to the reer Waqooyi samples and there were just a handful of complete outliers clustering with Kikuyus which were obviously Bantus.

Test 100 random people in Baidoa, same for Kismayo, Brava, and Mogadishu. You will get 20% of people with more than 5% Bantu.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Test 100 random people in Baidoa, same for Kismayo, Brava, and Mogadishu. You will get 20% of people with more than 5% Bantu.
I've seen dozens upon dozens of reer Koonfur samples from all over in my time. I have yet to see anyone who has more than the 0.something I mentioned. There's honestly more who show trace amounts of South Asian, rofl.

whats the best model for a somali to use on Gedmatch?

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
this is the average somalis result on global 25
somali global25.PNG

Som

VIP

Many European scholars alleged that Rahanweyn have Bantu admixture, I've never seen any claim of any other ethic southern clan having Bantu admixture though. Historically Rahanweyn and some Abgaal subclans were more likely to adopt Bantus in their clans, occasional mixing may have happened. I also suspect that some Bantu admixture is actually due to mixing with barwanis and other benadiris who have Arab+Swahili roots. If someone is Hawiye with a barwani mother it's likely this person will get 2-3% bantu

Trending

Latest posts