Are Half-Somalis considered as "Somalis"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paramedic

Call me ayeeyo
Oh, better yet what if the child takes after the nonSomali parent. If the child looks Chinese or Indian or whatever would you consider them to be Somali?

paramedic

Call me ayeeyo
Good question. I don't think Somalis consider a half-Somali as a "Somali' period. Half-Somalis are always viewed negatively.

I wonder if there's a hierarchy where they would be more welcoming to a child that at least looks Somali vs a child that clearly doesn't but in the end they don't consider either to be fully Somali.

I wonder if there's a hierarchy where they would be more welcoming to a child that at least looks Somali vs a child that clearly doesn't but in the end they don't consider either to be fully Somali.

There is a hierarchy from what I've noticed.

1) Half-Arab = Somalis immediately accept, because Somalis love Arabs, "Anta Arab".
2) Half-Caadan = Somalis don't accept it but some do, due to colorism.
3) Half-Asian = Somalis don't accept it, but some do, due to having "timo-jileec".
4) Half-Black = Somalis absolutely do not accept, no matter what.

black

live and let die.
There is a hierarchy from what I've noticed.

1) Half-Arab = Somalis immediately accept, because Somalis love Arabs, "Anta Arab".
2) Half-Caadan = Somalis don't accept it but some do, due to colorism.
3) Half-Asian = Somalis don't accept it, but some do, due to having "timo-jileec".
4) Half-Black = Somalis absolutely do not accept, no matter what.

That's not true, cadaans and madows (african) are on the same scale (classic gaalo tier ranking). Arabs get privilege and Asians lesser.

hindu/sikh = is just not possible. It's just unprecedented

If they see themselves as Somali and are in tune with their culture then why not? Never understood the "you're only Somali if your father is" thing, I know a couple half Somalis with Somali fathers that barely see themselves as Somali, know nothing about the culture, and are even Christian--are you actually saying they'll be accepted in Somalia as equivalent to a full Somali? I doubt it lol.

Last edited:
That's not true, cadaans and madows (african) are on the same scale (classic gaalo tier ranking). Arabs get privilege and Asians lesser.

hindu/sikh = is just not possible. It's just unprecedented

I've seen Somalis that will allow caadan and completely shun madows. Madows are on the bottom of the list.

By half-Asian, I mean Chinese/Indoyaars, where I'm from Asians are Chinese not Indians. I'm not Reer UK sxb.

If they see themselves as Somali and are in tune with their culture then why not? Never understood the "you're only Somali if your father is" thing, I know a couple half Somalis with Somali fathers that barely see themselves as Somali, know nothing about the culture, and are even Christian--are you actually saying people like that are accepted in Somalia as equivalent to a full Somali? I doubt it lol.

I agree but Somalis who are in tune with their culture are considered as "Somalis" but Somalis don't really see them as "Somalis". They still are going to talk shit behind the Half-Somalis back.

I agree but Somalis who are in tune with their culture are considered as "Somalis" but Somalis don't really see them as "Somalis". They still are going to talk shit behind the Half-Somalis back.

True, but Somalis will talk shit about you regardless so I wouldn't even take that personally if I were them. DNA doesn't lie and you can't deny half your genetics. Saying that someone is not Somali because of their qabil (or lack thereof) won't erase the Somali from their blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.