Are Ethiopians and Somalis the same ?

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
Nobody will give up the land back that's like telling the white man to give back land to the natives.
Somalia is weak right now and in no position to fight these countries at all. btw are you paternally somali if so whats ur qabil :mjdontkno:
I’m estranged from my dad’s side, so I don’t know. All I remember is that the surname started from an A, was long, and originate from the territory that was known as British Somaliland . People and my mum said they were nice but aloof, conservative and had a huge superiority complex.

I’m estranged from my dad’s side, so I don’t know. All I remember is that the surname started from an A, was long, and originate from the territory that was known as British Somaliland . People and my mum said they were nice but aloof, conservative and had a huge superiority complex.
Your most likely issaq some left when Italy attacked British Somali-land :cosbyhmm:

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
Nobody will give up the land back that's like telling the white man to give back land to the natives.
Somalia is weak right now and in no position to fight these countries at all. btw are you paternally somali if so whats ur qabil :mjdontkno:
But isn’t Ethiopia supposed to be pro-black ? I don’t understand how Obama never said that what Kenya is doing is wrong, but Trump’s the devil ? Seems kinda two-faced. I don’t see why any Somali would see them as brothers

But isn’t Ethiopia supposed to be pro-black ? I don’t understand how Obama never said that what Kenya is doing is wrong, but Trump’s the devil ? Seems kinda two-faced. I don’t see why any Somali would see them as brothers
We hate ethopians in this fourm we say ethopia ha burburto (May ethopia be destroyed) Ethopia has hated blacks since it's inception halie seliase the guy Afrocentrists worship hated "west africans" and called himself cacusian :pachah1:

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
Ethiopian is a nationality there are Somalis native to Ethiopia and would be considered Ethiopian

With that being said the Afars are the genetically closest to us. Some Oromos also have a similar genetic makeup as us. The Habeshis and Southern Ethiopian tribes are very different to us they have a lot of semitic blood in them and the Southern Ethiopian tribes have Nilotic blood in them.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Ethiopian is a nationality there are Somalis native to Ethiopia and would be considered Ethiopian

With that being said the Afars are the genetically closest to us. Some Oromos also have a similar genetic makeup as us. The Habeshis and Southern Ethiopian tribes are very different to us they have a lot of semitic blood in them and the Southern Ethiopian tribes have Nilotic blood in them.
Actually, Habesha are cushitic. They only speak semitic languages (tigray and Amharic).

"Genetically, culturally, and geographically speaking Habeshas (Abyssinian people) are traditionally Cushitic Peoples"
"Amharic and Tigrinya languages of Ethiopia belong to the large branch of South Semitic languages which in turn is part of the Afro-Asiatic Language Family."

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
Your most likely issaq some left when Italy attacked British Somali-land :cosbyhmm:
Yeah, My dad didn’t like the Italians, except the food and told me that they’re ghetto as hell. Most are. England best boi of Europe. Those noodle heads were just simping for the Bantus and hatin’ because they’re the Meg of whites.

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
We hate ethopians in this fourm we say ethopia ha burburto (May ethopia be destroyed) Ethopia has hated blacks since it's inception halie seliase the guy Afrocentrists worship hated "west africans" and called himself cacusian :pachah1:
I don’t why, but they always annoy the hell of me. At my school, I had an Ethiopian “friend” and she was exactly like Halie Saliase. My dad and her parents had a huge rivalry between them. My mum was so confused. I don’t know if it’s instinct. Ethiopians are kinda snotty towards me. Hearing ajnabis say I’m Ethiopian just feels wrong. One Ethiopian told I should say I’m black or pass as Ethiopian because Somalis are evil trash people. This chick lived in a secton 8 apartment and screwing a native guy. Natives are worst than AAs, in some ways. My zambo great grandma left that reservation for a reason

@Apollo

Aren't Tigre and Amhara simply Agaw (cushites) with 10-15% semitic admixture from south Arabia (Sabeans, Himyar, etc)?

In what significant way are they genetically different from Somalis and other cushites?

I can understand the cultural differences (language and religion), but I don't see how we are very different.

@Apollo

Aren't Tigre and Amhara simply Agaw (cushites) with 10-15% semitic admixture from south Arabia (Sabeans, Himyar, etc)?

In what significant way are they genetically different from Somalis and other cushites?

I can understand the cultural differences (language and religion), but I don't see how we are very different.
The truth is we're not that distant from them, especially to those who are Muslims (Hararis & so forth). We're about as distant from them as a Polish man is distant from the Irish or Italians.

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
Actually, Habesha are cushitic. They only speak semitic languages (tigray and Amharic).

"Genetically, culturally, and geographically speaking Habeshas (Abyssinian people) are traditionally Cushitic Peoples"
"Amharic and Tigrinya languages of Ethiopia belong to the large branch of South Semitic languages which in turn is part of the Afro-Asiatic Language Family."
They have semitic blood in them obviously it's not a lot but it's still there

Apollo

VIP
@Apollo

Somalis split from them over 3,000 years ago and remained relatively isolated from them since. 3,000 years is kind of a lot of time.

While the Cushites in Ethiopia have continued to mix with each other (despite having different cultures and languages) and are generally much closer to each other.

Somalis split from them over 3,000 years ago and remained relatively isolated from them since. 3,000 years is kind of a lot of time.

While the Cushites in Ethiopia have continued to mix with each other (despite having different cultures and languages) and are generally much closer to each other.

I thought it was more like 1500 years ago since Kush fell at the hands of Aksumites (semitized cushites) around 500 AD (rounded off), and if Somalis are cushites, they could only have gone their separate way AFTER the fall of Kush?

Apollo

VIP
I thought it was more like 1500 years ago since Kush fell at the hands of Aksumites (semitized cushites) around 500 AD (rounded off), and if Somalis are cushites, they could only have gone their separate way AFTER the fall of Kush?

Hehe, the term Cushitic has nothing to do with the historical Kush Empire. It was an unfortunate name they gave it leading to much confusion. The proto-Cushites existed since 8,000-6,000 years ago while the Kush Empire is 3,000-1,500 years ago. The only thing the Kush Empire and proto-Cushites have in common is that they came from roughly the same area and that is why those European anthropologists & linguists gave it that name, but Cushitic/Cushite =/= (not equal) Kush. They are different concepts.

Hehe, the term Cushitic has nothing to do with the historical Kush Empire. It was an unfortunate name they gave it leading to much confusion. The proto-Cushites existed since 8,000-6,000 years ago while the Kush Empire is 3,000-1,500 years ago. The only thing the Kush Empire and proto-Cushites have in common is that they came from roughly the same area and that is why those European anthropologists & linguists gave it that name, but Cushitic/Cushite =/= (not equal) Kush. They are different concepts.

So who were the people of Kush then?

This makes me even more confused.

I always thought they were proto-Cushites who, after the fall of Kush, dispersed and formed new identities.

Trending

Latest posts