Are Ethiopians and Somalis the same ?

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
My boyfriend said that Ethiopians and Somalis are the same people, just different religions. I think it depends on what tribe of Ethiopians you’re talking about . He compares it how Mexicans and Puerto Ricans are. Some people I know though Obama is Somali. I can kinda see it with the dark lips, light skin and lanky noodle body. I see Obama as Sudanese, for some reason

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
No, not at all.

Somalis are the most differentiated Cushitic group in Ethiopia.

All the other Ethiopians are ethnically more similar to each other.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
My boyfriend said that Ethiopians and Somalis are the same people, just different religions. I think it depends on what tribe of Ethiopians you’re talking about . He compares it how Mexicans and Puerto Ricans are. Some people I know though Obama is Somali. I can kinda see it with the dark lips, light skin and lanky noodle body. I see Obama as Sudan, for some reason
Hes wrong we ain't no oromo

Apollo

VIP
Obama looks somali now? First time Ive heard this

He looks weirdly Indonesian.

Current president of Indonesia could be his brother.

Joko-Widodo.jpg

My boyfriend said that Ethiopians and Somalis are the same people, just different religions. I think it depends on what tribe of Ethiopians you’re talking about . He compares it how Mexicans and Puerto Ricans are. Some people I know though Obama is Somali. I can kinda see it with the dark lips, light skin and lanky noodle body. I see Obama as Sudan, for some reason
Somali is ethnicity
Ethiopian is nationality and not ethnicity.
Majority of Ethiopians are muslims and Oromo who are cushitic.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
In the grand scheme of things we are very similar, but if you narrow it down to Horn of Africa, then we’re very different.

Someone from china would probably see habesha, oromos, and somalis as the same. But a habesha can still first glance tell the difference between somalis and habeshas, same goes with somalis.

My boyfriend said that Ethiopians and Somalis are the same people, just different religions. I think it depends on what tribe of Ethiopians you’re talking about . He compares it how Mexicans and Puerto Ricans are. Some people I know though Obama is Somali. I can kinda see it with the dark lips, light skin and lanky noodle body. I see Obama as Sudanese, for some reason
Puerto Ricans are different from Mexicans, on average Puerto Ricans are 25% Subsahran African. Mexicans are mestizo a mix between Spaniards and Native Americans. Puerto Ricans are a mixed between Spaniards,Africans, and Native Americans.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
First of all Ethiopians are very diverse people for example a Tigray and an Anuak look completely different and have completely different languages.

Ethnic Somalis for the most part look similar so to answer your question No Somalis and Ethiopians while they share some characteristics they’re very different

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
First of all Ethiopians are very diverse people for example a Tigray and an Anuak look completely different and have completely different languages.

Ethnic Somalis for the most part look similar so to answer your question No Somalis and Ethiopians while they share some characteristics they’re very different
Also Mexicans and Puerto Rican’s look very different on average
Sometimes, you can tell by the surnames. There’s some Puerto
No, not at all.

Somalis are the most differentiated Cushitic group in Ethiopia.

All the other Ethiopians are ethnically more similar to each other.
And wasn’t a big part of Ethiopia and Kenya territory of Somalia at one point ? I think the Afar are related to Somalis

Sometimes, you can tell by the surnames. There’s some Puerto And wasn’t a big part of Ethiopia and Kenya territory of Somalia at one point ? I think the Afar are related to Somalis
They were historically somali land we were punished for being colonized by the Italians bcs of ww11 and Mussolini so kenya got nfd due to being a British colony k5 was given to ethopia by the white man the people there are Somali just under Ethiopian rule

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft

Somalis are very similar to the Japanese, when it comes to being racial homogeneous. Outside of the size of my lips, I look pretty look generically Somali. I have ran into Somali girls that look exactly like me and act the same. One Somali has exactly the interest, background, relationships with her, everything about my past to a T. It weirded me out because I’m used to being the different black person. But it does freak me..........

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Somalis are very similar to the Japanese, when it comes to being racial homogeneous. Outside of the size of my lips, I look pretty look generically Somali. I have ran into Somali girls that look exactly like me and act the same. One Somali has exactly the interest, background, relationships with her, everything about my past to a T. It weirded me out because I’m used to being the different black person. But it does freak me..........
What are you if i may ask. Are you an Ethiopian,Kenyan etc

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
They were historically somali land we were punished for being colonized by the Italians bcs of ww11 and Mussolini so kenya got nfd due to being a British colony k5 was given to ethopia by the white man the people there are Somali just under Ethiopian rule
But why don’t they give it back ? Why does Kenya want to build a wall ? The posts on BBC make it out to be a good thing. I think it’s kinda hypocritical

But why don’t they give it back ? Why does Kenya want to build a wall ? The posts on BBC make it out to be a good thing. I think it’s kinda hypocritical
Nobody will give up the land back that's like telling the white man to give back land to the natives.
Somalia is weak right now and in no position to fight these countries at all. btw are you paternally somali if so whats ur qabil :mjdontkno:

Trending

Latest posts