Are childless women jealous of those with children?

Some men choose not to be fathers and regret it in old age as well. Why are the men here obsessed with bashing and micro managing the lives of women?

There is a real sickness here when it comes to women. Every aspect of women's lives are dissected here. No stone is left unturned.

That is true. But this thread wasn't about men. You can't take everything as an attack on women and use the what about men excuse

I'm not a feminist in any shape or form, but many men fail to acknowledge that feminism wouldn't exist, if female abuse wasn't a problem.

Many misogynistic men hark on about the good ol days when they can transgress and mistreat women without any impunity or consequences. That was the reality for women and then we have @Omar del Sur talking about how supposedly happy they were.

You can define feminism to your liking and give full throated support to it, or personally particiapte in their organizations. Specially if you to lived in Somalia and you knew of an all female organization sponsoring girls for their education and training, by all means, give 150% of your support to that kind of organization. If similarly you knew of an oganization that houses abused women who ran away from home and are transitioning to a better life, you help them 200%. It is perfectly Islamic to help women succeed. As long as whatever female oriented organization you are supporting does not engage in immoral causes, as a muslim, Allah will reward you for your money and personal energy which you spend on their cause.

By all means, dive in head first.

We all have female relatives. We need to support them succeed. Simple.

Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan about Women Driving

This sheekh conceded that there are benefits to women driving cars whilst he also mentioned the downsides of them driving a car. Then he favours women not diriving for the possible opportunity to sin.

Basically, if we were to prevent normal everyday life activity because sometimes there might be an opportunity that an individual would sin because they have weak faith, many of us male or female would be confined to their bedroom. Even then some sheekh would claim that you can watch TV in your own bedroom so you need dark opaque glasses to put all the time to avoid watching TV.

I didn;t hear Allah forbade women to drive cars in this clip. Just possible ways a sin can happen. So what? That is for my sister to decide and live her life as a good muslimah and she can drive the latest car. I would pay for her car in fact and get an Ajar from Allah for my charity to my sister.

Islam is not rigid and nobody owns Islam for them to act as an authority over Islam that can't be challenged. There are scholars everywhere in all corners of the world. Islam allows muslims to consult with their local sheekhs. This Saudi sheekh can keep his Fatwa.

Last edited:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
So I think it's a question of whether he was a normal man.....

and a normal man or woman feels the desire...... if you're a normal, healthy man or woman you should feel the desire.....

or whether he was.... altered in some sort of way where he simply didn't feel desire for the opposite sex......

the Quran says waḥaṣūran

which "The Quranic Arabic Corpus" translates as "and chaste"...

http://corpus.quran.com/qurandictionary.jsp?q=HSr#(3:39:17)

I don't think it was the case that Prophet Yahya (peace be upon him) was a sort of asexual where he didn't feel desire..... I don't think that follows from what the Quran...

the Quran describes him as chaste, apparently abstaining from women......

this is like what monks do.... lots of monks and priests follow the same practice... it's not that the monks and priests don't feel desire.... it's that they're following monasticism......

the fatwa below deals with women getting married but it also deals with men getting married as well.....

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1665/is-it-obligatory-for-a-woman-to-get-married

Is it obligatory for a woman to get married?

Publication : 14-07-1998

Views : 103070

Aa
Question
Is it obligatory for a woman to get married?
Answer

Praise be to Allaah.

In response to your question, we will look briefly at what some of the Muslim fuqahaa’ have written on this topic. In Mawaahib al-Jaleel it was said: “Marriage is obligatory for a woman who is unable to feed or clothe herself unless she gets married.” In al-Sharh al-Kabeer, concerning obligatory marriage it says: “If a person fears that he may commit fornication, it (marriage) is obligatory on him.” In Fath al-Wahhaab, it says: “For the woman who has (physical) desires, marriage is sunnah, just as it is for the one who needs maintenance and the one who fears being taken advantage of by immoral persons.”

In Mughni al-Muhtaaj, it says: “(Marriage) becomes waajib (obligatory) if a person fears fornication… And it was said that it becomes obligatory if a person has made a vow (nadhr) to get married.” Then concerning the ruling with regard to women: “If she needs to get married, i.e., she has physical desires, or needs maintenance, or she is afraid that immoral people may take advantage of her… it is preferable (mustahabb) for her to get married, because this will protect her religion and her chastity, and she can enjoy what her husband spends on her, and other advantages.”

Ibn Qudaamah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in his book al-Mughni: “Our colleagues differed as to whether marriage is obligatory. The best-known opinion in our madhhab is that it is not obligatory, except when a person is afraid of committing a forbidden deed if he does not marry. In that case he should make himself chaste (i.e. get married). This is the opinion of the majority of fuqahaa’.”

When it comes to marriage, people are of three types, one of which is those who fear that they may commit forbidden deeds if they do not get married. It is obligatory for such people to get married, according to the majority of fuqahaa’, because it is obligatory for them to make themselves chaste and protect themselves from haraam. In Subul al-Salaam it says: “Ibn Daqeeq al-‘Eed said that some of the fuqahaa’ said that marriage is obligatory for the one who fears sin or hardship (because of suppressing physical desires) and is able to marry… and it is obligatory for the one who cannot avoid fornication unless he gets married.”

In Badaa’i’ al-Sanaa’i’, it says: “There is no dispute that marriage is an obligation when desire is strong. If a person has such a strong desire for women that he cannot be patient, and he can afford to pay the mahr (dowry) and support a wife, then if he does not get married, he is a sinner.”

From the above discussion, we can see a number of situations in which marriage is obligatory. You might ask: “How can we imagine a woman fulfilling this obligation when usually it is the man who goes around knocking on doors looking for a partner? This is not the woman’s role.” The answer is: what a woman can do to fulfil this command is not to refuse marriage when a suitable, compatible man comes with an offer of marriage.

Muslim women and men need to understand the high status which marriage has in Islam, so that they will be more keen to marry. There follows a useful summary on this topic by Imaam Ibn Qudaamah al-Maqdisi (may Allaah have mercy on him), from his book al-Mughni:

The basis of the legitimacy of marriage is the Qur’aan, Sunnah and ijmaa’ (consensus of the scholars). In the Qur’aan, Allaah says (interpretation of the meanings): ‘… marry women of your choice, two or three, or four…’ [al-Nisaa’ 4:3] and ‘And marry those among you who are single and (also marry) the saalihoon (pious, fit and capable ones) of your (male) slaves and maid-servants (female slaves)…’ [al-Noor 24:32]. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O young men! Whoever among you can afford it, let him get married, for this will lower his gaze and protect his chastity. Whoever cannot (get married), then let him fast, for fasting will be a protection for him.”

(Agreed upon). There are many other ayaat and reports like these. The Muslims agree that marriage is legitimate.
Ibn Mas’ood said: “If I only had ten days left to live, and I knew that I would die at the end of them, and I was able to get married, I would do so, for fear of fitnah (temptation).”

Ibn ‘Abbaas said to Sa’eed ibn Jubayr: “Get married, for the best of this ummah are those who have more wives.” Ibraaheem ibn Maysarah said: “Taawoos said to me: ‘Either you get married, or I will say to you what ‘Umar said to Abu’l-Zawaa’id: There is nothing stopping you from getting married but either impotence or immorality!’ According to al-Mirwadhi, Ahmad said: ‘Celibacy has nothing to do with Islam. Whoever calls you not to get married is calling you to something other than Islam.’”

Then he said (may Allaah have mercy on him):

The benefits of marriage are many. They include: protecting one’s religion and helping one to adhere to it; protecting and taking care of women; and producing offspring and increasing the ranks of the ummah, thus achieving the pride of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), etc.

[Translator’s note: there is a hadeeth which indicates that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) will feel proud of the large numbers of his ummah in the Hereaster, so Muslims are encouraged to marry and have many children.]
It should now be clear that the benefits of marriage are many. No wise Muslim woman would hesitate to get married, especially if an offer of marriage comes from a person who is strongly committed to Islam and is possessed of a good character and morals.

and then plus, I mean.....

as to the issue of whether men and women have an innate desire for each other and to be fathers and mothers..... yes, the general rule is that they do........ yes, there might be exceptions like you might have someone born with some sort of abnormality..... and this feminist push of promoting for women to not get married.... I mean come on..... this is about women joining the Catholic church and becoming nuns....... it's about feminism and it involves a bunch of promiscuity.... for one, these women are not practicing celibacy, it's not about some sort of spiritual attainment.... generally, these women following the feminist ideology are committing zina....... they're just refusing sex, they're just having it outside of marriage...... then even if they actually are joining Catholicism and becoming nuns.... or simply practicing nunism without actually becoming Catholic.... that's not a practice which is part of Islam.... I think you're starting with a conclusion and then going backwards to justify a conclusion..... I think you're doing logical gymnastics the ayah mentioning the chastity of Prophet Yahya (peace be upon him) is not an endorsement of men and women not getting married......

and I mean we have to be really, really gullible to think this modern trend of men and women not getting married is about following a spiritual practice like Prophet Yahya (peace be upon him)..... it's not the case that men and women are following a deviant spirital practice (that form of celibacy is not part of Islam, although it may have been a legitimate practice of pious people in previous times) on a mass scale and are refusing to marry to engage in religious devotion.... if we look around, we're not seeing a society of some sort of devout Catholicism.... these men and women aren't becoming monks and nuns.... they're having sex with random people and undermining the social fabric of society.... society is becoming more and more degenerate.... this is not a form of religious devotion or due to people having some sort of alteration where they don't have desire for the opposite sex.... they're not even practicing monasticism, they're practicing zina.... you might be able to find a Ripley's Believe it or Not case where a man or woman is born without natural desires for the opposite sex.... but probably more than 99% of men and women have the natural desires for intimacy and procreation... the Ripley's Believe it or Not case might be reflective of less than one percent of the population

Omar

I didn't see u apologizing or admitting u were wrong.

Last edited:

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Some people are asexual. It is fine for them to not marry.

Some people believe that they will never be able to fulfil the rights of a spouse. Therefore it is fine for them to not marry, like Ibn Taymiyya.

Marriage is Sunnah. But if someone does not marry it is not a sin.

@Halimo-2018

That is a great example. Ibn Taymiyya was unmarried. But do know this for sure tho? I hear different accounts he had children.

@Halimo-2018

That is a great example. Ibn Taymiyya was unmarried. But do know this for sure tho? I hear different accounts he had children.
I dont know why everyone thinks marriage is wajib. A lot people get married so that they're not wolf-sheep lol
They will be harassed if they dont some get married to buy a house etc lol humans are weird.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I dont know why everyone thinks marriage is wajib. A lot people get married so that they're not wolf-sheep lol
They will be harassed if they dont some get married to buy a house etc lol humans are weird.

Nayaa focus on the task at hand. How many fingers am I showing?

The Subject is Ibn Tamiyya. looooooooooooooooool

Zak

Can I come visit u in London?

I am more articulate than everyone who logs in from London on this website except that hardcore traditionlist guy. Forgot his username. The brother who writes the victorian english.

My point: I would be as dumb as everyone from london if I was from there. So I am not in Europe.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I am more articulate than everyone who logs in from London on this website except that hardcore traditionlist guy. Forgot his username. The brother who writes the victorian english.

My point: I would be as dumb as everyone from london if I was from there. So I am not in Europe.

R u dhulos?

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Funny that Basra knows about Ibnu Taymiya. A bit of an Oxymoron but weird things happen in life.

And Why should I not know about ibn Tamiya? Actually, honestly I know nothing about him other than he is the great sunii hadith bibliquist authority. \

And most importantly one of the two great Shaykhs I listen to likes him. Shaykh Yasir Qadhi is a huge fan of him. In his university dissertation he wrote about Ibn Tamiya. I am not so curious about him that I go searching for his biography. I guess I should, rather than go hunting of English aristocratic biographies. Currently I am reading the son of one of my favorite English aristocrat. I find him very dull, but also I can't help clinging on little tidbit of his mother being shared here and there.

Trending