Arabization of Eritrea

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
It's like when we claim our Arab forefathers walaal. A eensy weensy fraction

True but there are a lot of Arab tribes in Sudan and some Beja tribes claim to be a part of the Kawahla Arab tribe who also include them in their tribe. This was written by the British Colonialist in the early 1900s on the Kawahla Arabs of Sudan:

Arabs2.png

No thank you, Inshallah Somalia will never be Arabized, we are proud of our culture. Arab doesn't equal Islam and we don't need to speak Arabic. Allah created us with different languages and people groups to know one another so we should honour Allah's blessing of having our heritage, language and culture.

"O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted." Surah 49:13

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Truth is Arabic >>>>>Somali+other Horn languages. Arabic is far more superior, with greater, religious, scientific, and secular vocabulary.

Unless you're a Gaal, how can you be against the learning and spread of Arabic? Do you not love the Quran? Very suspicious of some you........If you're Gaal murtad, just say so, stop with the crybaby inferiority.

PS.....Somali is atleast a third Arabic, ya stupid bac of xaar.

Truth is Arabic >>>>>Somali+other Horn languages. Arabic is far more superior, with greater, religious, scientific, and secular vocabulary.

Unless you're a Gaal, how can you be against the learning and spread of Arabic? Do you not love the Quran? Very suspicious of some you........If you're Gaal murtad, just say so, stop with the crybaby inferiority.

PS.....Somali is atleast a third Arabic, ya stupid bac of xaar.
We can learn Arabic for religious purposes but we're against Arabization

Its not meant to be offensive, I just said that since Sudan is their country neighbour and many Eritreans go to Sudan they naturally get influenced. Relax, no need to be so aggressive.

Also many Eritreans speak Arabic even those that have never stepped foot in Sudan. Eritrean presence in the Arab World is widespread

Yeah I wasn't being aggressive, the topic was about Arabization in Eritrea and not Sudan. Yeah some do speak Arabic but its a minority, there isn't an Arabization of Eritrea anyways since most of them speak Tigrinya, and Tigre, Saho.

Haplogroup J has been present in that region before the early Islamic conquests after 800 CE.

They could have gotten a large portion of that from Ancient Egyptians.

The only real Arabs in Sudan are the Rashaida people who actually came from Saudi Arabia. The Beja's are definitely not Arabs, even the Beni Amir tribe is basically a subclan of Beja's who adopted the Arabic language and accepted Islam later on after having contact with Arab traders from places like Yemen.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
A tinge off topic but what do you think of Arabs? I haven't seen you give your thoughts on the matter.
They're calm only because I haven't experienced anything terrible with them and they mostly have good things to say about somalis when you meet with them. I also like their food and culture and would love to speak fluent arabic

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
They're calm only because I haven't experienced anything terrible with them and they mostly have good things to say about somalis when you meet with them. I also like their food and culture and would love to speak fluent arabic
That's interesting I've never really interacted with Arabs before outside of my relatives. Personally I don't care too much for the average one.

I see an Eritrean Muslim or Oromo as closer to me than a Saudi but my great grandfather is Yemeni and making my mom Arab by lineage, so I have a soft spot for Yemenis and Yemenis only :).

Trending

Latest posts