Arabization is the worst that happened to Somalis

What these people who complain about Arabization want is for women to abandon their hijabs and walk around wearing guntiino with our arms bare like our grandmothers and great-grandmothers on display. As Muslims we do not consider that progress, our ayeeyos in their youth did not understand that Islamically that is haraam. Now that they do alhamdulliah, they all wear the correct hijab.

The fact that as a nation we have let go of things that are boderline shirk and lack of hijab, is great! Inshallah I just hope one day our akhlaaq and spirituality matches our outward appearce.
Somalia can wear Muslim Somali clothes like baati and gabsar
Do u see those girl or woman
Wearing Muslim Somali clothes
450b78513abfd31dcdc351ae74e5838a.jpg
culture.jpg
IMG_0363.JPG
98dcce659096ef84f609d29e03939487.jpg

Everything doesn't to have to look arab culture and also Arab names are not the only Muslim name Somali names are Muslim name 2 in order name to be Muslim doesn't have to be pronounce arabic
Muslim name is the meaning of the name not how it is pronounce
@Revolutionary.

This is where arguments against islam comes in, I've talked to somalis who are not muslims and say this is just arab attire/culture has done for us, destroys us so much so that we essentially dress like them (male and female) want to be like them, speak arabic as a native language and use adabic letters for our script to the point where we delusionally want to be them as it somehow makes us believe that we are more muslim now I've also seen Somalis that do advocate for all what the non muslim ones were saying and I personally think both sides are wrong. I think there is a way to dress accordingly to Islam while also keeping our culture intact, perhaps even modifying our attire to make it more Islamically acceptable AND more unique, also I loath the fact that people would want arabic to be a main language, i say it could be a second language for mainly religious purposes.

What do you think?
It is arab cloth in order something to be Muslim doesn't have to sound Arabic nor look arab culture also the names 2

Hassan mahat

I karbash wahabist salafis daily.
It is arab cloth in order something to be Muslim doesn't have to sound Arabic nor look arab culture also the names 2
[/QUOT
I am not talking about Islam. I am specifically addressing Wahhabism, and speaking Arabic all the time as if we are arabs. We have rich culture, so what is the problem guys?

If I see another Somali saying we are arabs
giphy.gif
wara @Karim did I hit nerve.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
wara @Karim did I hit nerve.
You're hypocritical fucker and I cringe the sight of people like you. You're entire thread reeks of insecurity and hatred towards Arabs. It's one thing to oppose Wahabbism and another to criticize people for merely speaking Arabic. Mofo you speak English too, do you see anyone criticising you for speaking English?! Noo.. it's like saying I detest Somalis who speak French or Swahili or Hindi. Shut your face

Hassan mahat

I karbash wahabist salafis daily.
You're hypocritical fucker and I cringe the sight of people like you. You're entire thread reeks of insecurity and hatred towards Arabs. It's one thing to oppose Wahabbism and another to criticize people for merely speaking Arabic. Mofo you speak English too, do you see anyone criticising you for speaking English?! Noo.. it's like saying I detest Somalis who speak French or Swahili or Hindi. Shut your face
Bruh chiiiill. It is not that serious

The thing is those say Arab should be speaking cuz of Islam so does the cloth those ppl are using religion to further Arab language and culture and cloths that is the difference European aren't using religion and the reason we speak English is we live in the west and not in Somalia
That is all

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
The thing is those say Arab should be speaking cuz of Islam so does the cloth those ppl are using religion to further Arab language and culture and cloths that is the difference European aren't using religion and the reason we speak English is we live in the west and not in Somalia
That is all
The word "SHOULD" indicates obligation which isn't appropriate in this topic. If you aren't interested in learning Arabic then it's fine, it's your life not mine but don't critique people who are genuinely interested in learning or speaking Arabic regardless of their reasons. The scholars, transmitters, and interpreters of Islam didn't achieve their esteemed title without learning the Arabic language. Arabic is a basic necessity for anyone who seeks to dive deep into the religion.

Somalia can wear Muslim Somali clothes like baati and gabsar
Do u see those girl or woman
Wearing Muslim Somali clothes
View attachment 152136View attachment 152137View attachment 152138View attachment 152139
Everything doesn't to have to look arab culture and also Arab names are not the only Muslim name Somali names are Muslim name 2 in order name to be Muslim doesn't have to be pronounce arabic
Muslim name is the meaning of the name not how it is pronounce
@Revolutionary.

That's fine, but when these people that complain about Arabization talk about dress, they reminisce about the women in the past.

Yes, these girls are wearing guntiino, but they updated it and are wearing it with a hijab. 60 years ago, women would wear the guntiino with their shoulders on display. The married ones might wear shaash or ileeyar, but still their arms were on display. Older women would probably be the ones that wore a gabaasar.

The point I made earlier is that cultures update. Hardly no one wears their traditional clothes unless they are at weddings or chilling at home. Even the 'Arab' female clothes you lot complain about is new in the Arab world.

The word "SHOULD" indicates obligation which isn't appropriate in this topic. If you aren't interested in learning Arabic then it's fine, it's your life not mine but don't critique people who are genuinely interested in learning or speaking Arabic regardless of their reasons. The scholars, transmitters, and interpreters of Islam didn't achieve their esteemed title without learning the Arabic language. Arabic is a basic necessity for anyone who seeks to dive deep into the religion.
I didn't say someone can't learn Arabic all I said is don't use Islam to say ppl should speak Arabic in daily live and make it in Somalia as second language and also to use for economics and in public school and in government the system and have Arabic and Arab culture and cloth
That is what I am against not someone who want it to learn what the reason may be

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Out of all non Arab people's who have embraced Islam, the culture of the Somali and the Tuareg was the most similar to the culture of Arabia in the time of the prophet. Somali culture is a camel culture, and so is the culture of Arabia. Islam fit preIslamic Somali culture like a glove.

That's fine, but when these people that complain about Arabization talk about dress, they reminisce about the women in the past.

Yes, these girls are wearing guntiino, but they updated it and are wearing it with a hijab. 60 years ago, women would wear the guntiino with their shoulders on display. The married ones might wear shaash or ileeyar, but still their arms were on display. Older women would probably be the ones that wore a gabaasar.

The point I made earlier is that cultures update. Hardly no one wears their traditional clothes unless they are at weddings or chilling at home. Even the 'Arab' female clothes you lot complain about is new in the Arab world.
Those girl or woman are wearing cabaret not hijab that is Arab word and second the Arab female cloth is Arab culture design by Arab like I said everything doesn't have to sound Arabic nor look Arab in order to Muslim and I agree with that th letter shoulders display

Waryaa "reer anaa hotep" maa tahay🤔 most somalis dont speak af carabi, those that do of our generation are those that lived in arab countries. We use macaawis and that shit is borrowed from asia, probably came during when Aw barkhadle or Abdul of Mogadishus rule when we brought islam to Sri Lanka or Mauritius. I dont see speaking arabic as something wrong since most dont even speak it and if they do, its their third language.

If we are being culturally more arab, what more have "accepted from them" or are you just saying this to rile us up since you know we are a prideful people🤔

i've seen this tactic be used by ex-muslims iyo "reer anaa hotep" more than once, so tell me sxb how "arabic" have we becomed?

Last edited:
Out of all non Arab people's who have embraced Islam, the culture of the Somali and the Tuareg was the most similar to the culture of Arabia in the time of the prophet. Somali culture is a camel culture, and so is the culture of Arabia. Islam fit preIslamic Somali culture like a glove.
How did u came with that camel is Arab culture
Animals is animals doesn't no one culture everyone can domesticated if someone want it

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
What these people who complain about Arabization want is for women to abandon their hijabs and walk around wearing guntiino with our arms bare like our grandmothers and great-grandmothers on display. As Muslims we do not consider that progress, our ayeeyos in their youth did not understand that Islamically that is haraam. Now that they do alhamdulliah, they all wear the correct hijab.

The fact that as a nation we have let go of things that are boderline shirk and lack of hijab, is great! Inshallah I just hope one day our akhlaaq and spirituality matches our outward appearce.
Few pics can't tell much about the whole society in the past, this one of them problems of not recording your history. Women in Somalis dressed differently according to their location.
FB_IMG_1597609534698.jpg

c0904e3ca56e194d9e37740fd639452a.jpg

0a03887911a4198f72759bf1919ded04--somali-historical-pictures.jpg
6ff0dee66701cfe3ea922c6a8c0cf26e--dress-attire-somali.jpg

In my opinion, the more reer badiyo and consistently moving the more she wore less clothes, or the dressed was only one long piece of fabric wrapped on the body
1605165856809.png

1605165889105.png

Waryaa ana "reer anaa hotep" maa tahay🤔 most somalis dont speak af carabi, those that do of our generation are those that lived in arab countries. We use macaawis and that shit is borrowed from asia, probably came during when Aw barkhadle or Abdul of Mogadishus rule when we brought islam to Sri Lanka or Mauritius. I dont see speaking arabic as something wrong since most dont even speak it and of they do, its their third language.

If we are being culturally more arab, what more have "accepted dem them" or are just saying this to rile us up since you know we are a prideful people🤔

i've seen this tactic be used by ex-muslims iyo "reer anaa hotep" more than once, soo tell me sxb how "arabic" have we becomed?
U are arab

Trending

Latest posts