Arabization is the worst that happened to Somalis

I am university saxiib. Now in organic chemistry class. I can assure I am the only Somali.
Gotcha bud, I don't wanna get in the way of you and your relationship but being with a somali woman would be much better than being with a jew, same culture and it would be better deen wise as you'd be of the same religion among other things

Look at them now, they have money and resources and still they are not innovative. I swear on my mother, if Somalis had that much capital, we will be leading the world in science, mathematics and technology.
we'd be worse because we look down on labor unless you can wear a suit and place a damn pen on your pocket. When I went back home, i saw kids in school refusing to use pencil because pencils are for and I quote "damiin". :farmajoyaab: :gucciwhat:
meanwhile, einstein wrote his special relativity theory using pencil.

you touch a metal, you are called all types of names, if you fish, they'll say you eat snakes and alligators, if you hunt, they'll say you are midgaa...

arabs have all that wealth and they still rely on oil, they couldn't even diversify their economy decades later and we'd be no different because they fucking infected us with their kibir culture.

Speaking Arabic is fine, as a second language but what's cringy is seeing Somalis dress exactly like Arabs. At least freestyle it like the old school Somalis did with their amazing outfits.

Are you not embarrassed walking around looking like a naked person who found some Arab clothes.

This is when Somali men had cultural pride.

EcEyN9oXsAEXn7f.jpg
Those guys are dressed up like real Bedouin Arabs

bobsburger

I am NOT a federal agent
I am not talking about Islam. I am specifically addressing Wahhabism, and speaking Arabic all the time as if we are arabs. We have rich culture, so what is the problem guys?

If I see another Somali saying we are arabs
giphy.gif
somalis have been destroyed by European culture. we adopted their script for our language the men wear dress shirts just like europeans and the kids all want to be western.

Mr Sufi

PURPLE HAZE THE PURPLE ONE HAS RETURNED
we'd be worse because we look down on labor unless you can wear a suit and place a damn pen on your pocket. When I went back home, i saw kids in school refusing to use pencil because pencils are for and I quote "damiin". :farmajoyaab: :gucciwhat:

you touch a metal, you are called all types of names, if you fish, they'll say you eat snakes and alligators, if you hunt, they'll say you are midgaa...

arabs have all that wealth and they still rely on oil, they couldn't even diversify their economy decades later and we'd be no different because they fucking infected us with their kibir culture.
Touch metal ? Huh WALLAHI SOMALIS are weird

They also make fun of farmers if you eat seafood they say your breath stinks if you study hard they call big head if you lose a pinky they call you pinky less etc etc we love to talk shit and have the worst arrogance kibir even the Arabs respect farmers

All those dumb assumptions are to be looked down on, why can't we look down on eating khat, or being lazy, instead of fishing for fucks sake

What these people who complain about Arabization want is for women to abandon their hijabs and walk around wearing guntiino with our arms bare like our grandmothers and great-grandmothers on display. As Muslims we do not consider that progress, our ayeeyos in their youth did not understand that Islamically that is haraam. Now that they do alhamdulliah, they all wear the correct hijab.

The fact that as a nation we have let go of things that are boderline shirk and lack of hijab, is great! Inshallah I just hope one day our akhlaaq and spirituality matches our outward appearce.

What these people who complain about Arabization want is for women to abandon their hijabs and walk around wearing guntiino with our arms bare like our grandmothers and great-grandmothers on display. As Muslims we do not consider that progress, our ayeeyos in their youth did not understand that Islamically that is haraam. Now that they do alhamdulliah, they all wear the correct hijab.

The fact that as a nation we have let go of things that are boderline shirk and lack of hijab, is great! Inshallah I just hope one day our akhlaaq and spirituality matches our outward appearce.
This is where arguments against islam comes in, I've talked to somalis who are not muslims and say this is just arab attire/culture has done for us, destroys us so much so that we essentially dress like them (male and female) want to be like them, speak arabic as a native language and use adabic letters for our script to the point where we delusionally want to be them as it somehow makes us believe that we are more muslim now I've also seen Somalis that do advocate for all what the non muslim ones were saying and I personally think both sides are wrong. I think there is a way to dress accordingly to Islam while also keeping our culture intact, perhaps even modifying our attire to make it more Islamically acceptable AND more unique, also I loath the fact that people would want arabic to be a main language, i say it could be a second language for mainly religious purposes.

What do you think?

This is where arguments against islam comes in, I've talked to somalis who are not muslims and say this is just arab attire/culture has done for us, destroys us so much so that we essentially dress like them (male and female) want to be like them, speak arabic as a native language and use adabic letters for our script to the point where we delusionally want to be them as it somehow makes us believe that we are more muslim now I've also seen Somalis that do advocate for all what the non muslim ones were saying and I personally think both sides are wrong. I think there is a way to dress accordingly to Islam while also keeping our culture intact, perhaps even modifying our attire to make it more Islamically acceptable AND more unique, also I loath the fact that people would want arabic to be a main language, i say it could be a second language for mainly religious purposes.

What do you think?

The average Somali back home cannot speak Arabic and Arabic is not a language we often use unless its for religious reasons.

Also, Islamically we should encourage the learning of Arabic, but also encourage our people to learn their language and make sure Somali is the default language people use at home and in public life. Arabic should just be for religious purposes.

Also, the jilbaab has become Somalified. Arab women in the middle East do not wear hijab the way Somali women do.

Also, even the abaya for Arab women (well modern ones) was something they started wearing in the late 1960s. They had a different hijab style in the past. Their women would often wear long sleeve like batis with massive black hijabs to cover their bodies. My overall point is, cultures progresses.

Last edited:
The average Somali back home cannot speak Arabic and Arabic is not a language we often use unless its for religious reasons.

Also, Islamically we should encourage the learning of Arabic, but also encourage our people to learn their language and make sure Somali is the default language people use at home and in public life. Arabic should just be for religious purposes.

Also, the jilbaab has become Somalified. Arab women in the middle East do not wear hijab the way Somali women do and even the abaya for Arab women was something they started wearing in the late 1930s. They had a different hijab style in the past. My overall point is, cultures progress.
You're right that the vast majority do not speak arabic but there are plenty of people I've seen and debated personally that have advocated for it to be not only used as a language but as a first language as they believe it will make them more muslim, now i know it's just social media but you do have to wonder how many more harbor these thoughts and truly believe that not only is speaking just their language is more islamic, but dressing up like them and claiming to be from them/claiming to be them. I see where this becomes a problem, this is just cultural evaporation, losing the entirety of your own or a majority of your own for another, then there are people who believe culture as a whole should be done away with, usually those who say that are salafis. Now speaking arabic will make it much easier to understand many aspects of our deen it being used as the only language that the people speak would in my opinion just create a big identity crisis.

Also in regards to their clothes i do not think we should copy them and instead revive the everyday use of our traditional clothes and even modify some to fit islamic standards of modesty, i see it as a much better alternative to the nitpicks of whatever arabs dumped at our shores and would in all instill cultural pride which is key to the strength of a people, uniqueness, i hate to call them out but I'd rather not want to see Somalia end up like Sudan :mjlol:

You're right that the vast majority do not speak arabic but there are plenty of people I've seen and debated personally that have advocated for it to be not only used as a language but as a first language as they believe it will make them more muslim, now i know it's just social media but you do have to wonder how many more harbor these thoughts and truly believe that not only is speaking just their language is more islamic, but dressing up like them and claiming to be from them/claiming to be them. I see where this becomes a problem, this is just cultural evaporation, losing the entirety of your own or a majority of your own for another, then there are people who believe culture as a whole should be done away with, usually those who say that are salafis. Now speaking arabic will make it much easier to understand many aspects of our deen it being used as the only language that the people speak would in my opinion just create a big identity crisis.

Also in regards to their clothes i do not think we should copy them and instead revive the everyday use of our traditional clothes and even modify some to fit islamic standards of modesty, i see it as a much better alternative to the nitpicks of whatever arabs dumped at our shores and would in all instill cultural pride which is key to the strength of a people, uniqueness, i hate to call them out but I'd rather not want to see Somalia end up like Sudan :mjlol:

Personally, i think the abaya is amazing and versatile. Its easier than wearing a baati and big gabaasar. These Arabs interestingly enough used to wear a baati like dress and a big black gabaasar before which is similar to our traditional dress. They just invented the abaya as we know it recently and I personally think its a great invention. Definitely makes dressing modestly easier.

Hassan mahat

I karbash wahabist salafis daily.
You seem like the type to scream “Israel!”
Not really, the current right wing government is bad and I call all their wrong doings accordingly. However, I believe Jewish people should have a safe space to live, without displacing the Palestinians obviously. I support the 1967 borders agreed by both parties.