Arab and Somali tribes on T-Y16897

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
I researched and communicated with many people until I was able to find out about the Arab tribes on T-Y16897
20230608_224842.jpg

This tribe is one of the tribes of Rijal Alma' It is a tribal alliance in the Jizan region in southern Saudi Arabia
this result. To a clan called
ال موهوب -Al-mawhob
It is a famous tribe, and it used to carry the banner of war leadership for the tribes of Rijal Al-Ma'ali
And a history of living in this village 👇
fVLCpeWoIL6lXMcu.jpg

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
20230608_224902.jpg

As for this branch, it is specifically Yemeni in Hadramout
The result at the top is for the Hadrami clan called Barbi' باربيع
As for the bottom, it is for a tribe called Bin Mahfouz Historically, for five centuries, they ruled one of the oldest fortified Yemeni cities called Du'at al-Hijrin دوعة الهجرين
173-164803-al-hajrin-village-yemen-skyscrapers-2.jpeg

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
20230608_224936.jpg

As for here, the strange thing is that the two results are for the same previous tribe, Rijal Alma’ But another clan called Alkios القيوس
They live in the Qais Mountains
As for the Yemeni at the top of a clan living in Sana'a called Al-Nimr
hv (1).jpg

تنزيل (1).jpeg

I read that the village of Al-mawhob was a popular waypoint for pilgrims coming from Yemen to go to Hajj. We also don’t know how many of the Rijal Alma tested for the dir/isaaq T. For all we know it could be a Somali bastard. And as for the other branch of T you mentioned, there’s like a 6000yr gap relation between us and them

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
I read that the village of Al-mawhob was a popular waypoint for pilgrims coming from Yemen to go to Hajj. We also don’t know how many of the Rijal Alma tested for the dir/isaaq T. For all we know it could be a Somali bastard. And as for the other branch of T you mentioned, there’s like a 6000yr gap relation between us and them
We meet with them 2200 years ago Islam didn't appear at that time and They have an old history in the area The Arabs in those areas are not easy to integrate with. They were isolated in the mountains , and some of them even still speak Sabaean so I don't think

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I suspect T came to Somalis in the north with things like camel domestication given that our word for camel is seemingly a loan from Old South Arabian (check my recent post history for a thread about Cushites riding oxen for links as I'm on my phone now). Probably came with camel domestication, zebu type admixture in our cattle and general trade contact with OSAs back then. Some dude or, more likely, dudes came, settled among the Somali tribes in the midst of all that in a manner much like the Carab Saalax millennia later and then some founder effects later you have the second most dominant Y-DNA among Somali men.

I suspect T came to Somalis in the north with things like camel domestication given that our word for camel is seemingly a loan from Old South Arabian (check my recent post history for a thread about Cushites riding oxen for links as I'm on my phone now). Probably came with camel domestication, zebu type admixture in our cattle and general trade contact with OSAs back then. Some dude or, more likely, dudes came, settled among the Somali tribes in the midst of all that in a manner much like the Carab Saalax millennia later and then some founder effects later you have the second most dominant Y-DNA among Somali men.
Didn’t the camel come way before this T individual arrived? I mean this T that Somalis have seems to connect with the Saudis at the 2200 years ago time frame. This indicates the camel in the Horn was only introduced as late as the 2200 years ago (1st century AD). Wasn’t the camel in the horn introduced much earlier?

Also when did the Arab salax arrive in the horn?

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Didn’t the camel come way before this T individual arrived? I mean this T that Somalis have connect with the Saudis at the 2200 years ago time frame. This indicates the camel in the Horn was only introduced as late as the 2200 years ago (1st century AD). Wasn’t the camel in the horn introduced much earlier?

Also when did the Arab salax arrive in the horn?

Actually, that's around when the camel seems to have been introduced. Camels mostly appear in rock-art across Somaliweyn after around the 2kya mark from what I recall, and the OSA loan fits well with this as well. As for the Carab Saalax they arrived about 200 or so years ago:

Carab Saalax are a different story from "Yemeni-Somalis". The thing about my cousin's hooyo is that she's clearly still Yemeni genetically. You look at her and she's just a straight up Peninsular Arab woman but when she begins to speak she's just another eedo (kekekekek). Carab Saalaxs took it a step further and began intermarrying with ethnic Somalis for so long that the only thing foreign about them now is their Y-DNA and that they rememeber being genealogically Mehris. I used to think their claim was bullshit but I do recall some CSs getting sampled and turning up with a Y-DNA J1 clade that seemed to align with Mehris but these guys' mixing started ages ago. Even by the start of the 1900s when they had a fort in Bosaso they already looked like run of the mill Somalis:

8ZDytSW.jpg

"Fort of the Arabs" (Carab Saalax)

Garaad diinle

 
The size of beesha T is relatively large for it to be a simple settlement. Further more there doesn't seem to be any linguistic or cultural leftover from their yemeni heritage aside from the introduction of camel. On the contrary beesha T are one of the custodian of both the somali language and culture. What was it that lead to their complete assimilation into the somali sphere and why didn't they turn into an axum of some sort?

Last edited:
The size of beesha T is relatively large for it to be a simple a settlement. Further more there doesn't seem to be any linguistic or cultural leftover from their yemeni heritage aside from the introduction of camel. On the contrary beesha T are one of the custodian of both the somali language and culture. What was it that lead to their complete assimilation into the somali sphere and why didn't they turn into an axum of some sort?
I don't think we have the whole picture to conclude it's a yemeni lineage, or how are you thinking sxb?

Actually, that's around when the camel seems to have been introduced. Camels mostly appear in rock-art across Somaliweyn after around the 2kya mark from what I recall, and the OSA loan fits well with this as well. As for the Carab Saalax they arrived about 200 or so years ago:
Thanks for the info. This is when the periplus was written. There was extensive trade going on. I reckon it was more busy during the Sabean period 1000 BC -800 BC. I assurme the camels that the Afar and Beja have arrived separately with different traders?

Garaad diinle

 
I don't think we have the whole picture to conclude it's a yemeni lineage, or how are you thinking sxb?
Isn't the closest relative of the somali subclade of T-l208 found in yemen or the arabian peninsula? Do you have a theory of where it might've come from aside from yemen?