Anyone tried the keto diet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the caveat. I've had the condition on-and-off since I was 7 years old. I've lived a healthy lifestyle and consumed organic grains in my adulthood, being relatively health conscious. It did nothing to reverse it. I've tried everything under the sun. AIP is the only thing that worked for me. You don't have the same susceptibilities so I wouldn't advise you to do my protocol. It was intended to reverse leaky gut but healing and sealing it. It is anti-inflammatory. It was not until I did AIP and removed major food categories - Grains, Corn, Legumes, Soy, Dairy, Nightshades, Nuts and Seeds and Eggs that I saw a sustained change in my condition. Even though humans have been cultivating grain for thousands of years, we are experiencing a bombardment of chemical assaults that are contributing to a rise in health anomalies and food sensitives/allergies, that were previously small in prevalence. Also, many people with gluten sensitivities are cross-reactive to pseudo grains (i.e. corn, amaranth, quinoa) that are gluten-containing. Essentially, what I am doing is the elimination diet. By getting rid of the major causes of inflammation in my diet. Improving my gut health. Then slowly reintroducing foods back and making note of any reactions.

I should also add that I stay away from grain and potatoes, but eat most starchy vegetables.

One last thing, organic non-GMO and fermented grains might be fine for most people but they aren't suitable for me, and I fell better without them.

What is this condition that you had? I had a leaky gut too which caused me horrific bouts of chronic allergic rhinitis with swelling so bad it began to affect my eye sight requiring steroids to reduce it, it also caused the sinusitis, asthma, migraines etc. most of the stuff I ate would trigger all kinds of things even bleptharitis which they told me could never be cured.

I know all about leaky guts and how painful this was to fix, the culprit for me was diary that caused this, in the end I just did long water fasts for an entire month to cure it, then another month on the Geeljire diet, meat helps because it passes very slowly through your gut and hence the reactions are not as intense, anything high fat/protein would reduce the autoimmune reactions.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
What is this condition that you had? I had a leaky gut too which caused me horrific bouts of chronic allergic rhinitis with swelling so bad it began to affect my eye sight requiring steroids to reduce it, it also caused the sinusitis, asthma, migraines etc. most of the stuff I ate would trigger all kinds of things even bleptharitis which they told me could never be cured.

I know all about leaky guts and how painful this was to fix, the culprit for me was diary that caused this, in the end I just did long water fasts for an entire month to cure it, then another month on the Geeljire diet, meat helps because it passes very slowly through your gut and hence the reactions are not as intense, anything high fat/protein would reduce the autoimmune reactions.

It was a skin/hair related condition, that would keep reoccuring. Alx, I've kept it at bay, with my changes. Since I had it for most of my life I considered doing something drastic, as it was chronic. That led me to explore the Autoimmune Paleo Protocol. I haven't done any reintroductions yet, except for a coffee, which is a seed. I've tried it on ocassion but its kind of depleting. It adversely impacts my sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.