Anyone tried the keto diet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you add oil to your cambuulo or dairy ? like the Somali's like to do? or cook in them? because any fat like that causes lots of weight gain, the culprit is not the beans but the oil/dairy

Our mothers add oil to everything nowadays even rice, I asked my mum to stop and since she did everyone is dropping weight, some vegans add oil to salads then wonder why they don't loose weight and instead gain.

I can guarantee you added either oil, dairy or some other fat to it. (frying it with oil counts as oil). This is far worse then having meat with salad.

I use sesame oil, I can't eat cambuulo without it. Thanks for the tip.

Do you add oil to your cambuulo or dairy ? like the Somali's like to do? or cook in them? because any fat like that causes lots of weight gain, the culprit is not the beans but the oil/dairy

Our mothers add oil to everything nowadays even rice, I asked my mum to stop and since she did everyone is dropping weight, some vegans add oil to salads then wonder why they don't loose weight and instead gain.

I can guarantee you added either oil, dairy or some other fat to it. (frying it with oil counts as oil). This is far worse then having meat with salad.

This is pretty interesting. i know the reason u have to cut carbs almost completely to go into ketosis is because your body will always prefer carbs to fat. I think the reason why you gain weight is because of the combination of both eaten together your body is choosing the carbs and the fat will be forced to get stored away

This is pretty interesting. i know the reason u have to cut carbs almost completely to go into ketosis is because your body will always prefer carbs to fat. I think the reason why you gain weight is because of the combination of both eaten together your body is choosing the carbs and the fat will be forced to get stored away

Yes and your body will never store carb as fat as a result, any excess carb is stored as glycogen in your muscles (you need to eat a lot for this to happen), this is the secondary source of energy to the freely circulating blood glucose that you continuously use up, hence its never ever stored as fat, many studies in the early 1900's prove this (until the quacks arrived)

The greatest scam perpetuated this century is to teach you the opposite that somehow carb gets stored as fat, and that sugar is the culprit for everything despite fruits like dates or honey being loaded with tremendous amount of sugar

Nature never lies, our Prophet loved sweet stuff like honey/dates etc. and ate meat on very rare occasions. Today alone I had 8 tea spoons of raw honey I bought from farmer market along with 14 Mejdool dates and 2 big starch meals (bean burrito at night and barley soup in the afternoon)

I played basketball for 2 hours as well and dropped a pound (which is pissing me off because I don't want to drop beyond 200). Olives and sesame were eaten in their natural states, it's unnatural to grab tens of thousands of them and squeeze the oil out of it then have it, people did this when they knew famine was coming so they could survive (or the crops that year failed)

I am starting to add more naturally oily foods (olives, sesame & sunflower seeds with plenty of nuts) to maintain this current weight so I don't drop further. Every time I stop eating it for a day, I become a pound lighter, I dread to imagine what people that eat this in a unnatural state (thousands squeezed per tea spoon) would gain, along with their high hydrogenated fat processed foods along with their regular meat/diary high in fat as well.

right they try to demonize fruits because of the sugar when the problem is the amount of sugar in junk food like cakes, cookies and processed foods not the sugar in an apple.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
:hillarybiz: Are you ready to be a dude magnet?

If yes; then join the club. :samwelcome:

Be warned. You'll have to fight them off with a dacas on the daily.

:ayaanswag:I couldn't stand all the attention, so I downgraded to Paleo.

:meleshame:Real reason - I looked sickly at 90 something pounds. Turns out Keto turns Somalis into Arianna Grande types. :mjcry: Thing is she's short and can pull off that weight. I'm 5'6, so it looked worse.

:hillarybiz: Are you ready to be a dude magnet?

If yes; then join the club. :samwelcome:

Be warned. You'll have to fight them off with a dacas on the daily.

:ayaanswag:I couldn't stand all the attention, so I downgraded to Paleo.

:meleshame:Real reason - I looked sickly at 90 something pounds. Turns out Keto turns Somalis into Arianna Grande types. :mjcry: Thing is she's short and can pull off that weight. I'm 5'6, so it looked worse.

Yes this is exactly what I wanted to know. I don't want to be 90lbs yikes that's way too skinny, maybe 100lbs and I'm short (5'4) so that will look good. I'm 121lbs at the moment and need to lose around 3 stones.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Yes this is exactly what I wanted to know. I don't want to be 90lbs yikes that's way too skinny, maybe 100lbs and I'm short (5'4) so that will look good. I'm 121lbs at the moment and need to lose around 3 stones.

My advice - if you want to lose a little weight start eating more vegetables, drink more water, reduce your portion size and cut out or minimize your intake of refined carbohydrates.

Weight loss is 80% diet, 20% exercise.

My advice - if you want to lose a little weight start eating more vegetables, drink more water, reduce your portion size and cut out or minimize your intake of refined carbohydrates.

I think most of my weight is flavoured lattes and muffins. Thanks for the advice.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I think most of my weight is flavoured lattes and muffins. Thanks for the advice.

They are highly sugar-laden and empty in nutrition, so it's best to cut them out. Easier said than done, I know. However, everything is habit-forming. I used to think going gluten free was a challenge but I've done Paleo for 2 years straight. That meant cutting out all grains (including corn), dairy, processed sugars, legumes, and soy to name a few. Most people think I'm crazy or well-disciplined. :pachah1: You have to be a bit of both for a sustained health change. I did it to alleviate a health challenge (autoimmune-related). And it worked. I've stayed committed.

They are highly sugar-laden and empty in nutrition, so it's best to cut them out. Easier said than done, I know. However, everything is habit-forming. I used to think going gluten free was a challenge but I've done Paleo for 2 years straight. That meant cutting out all grains (including corn), dairy, processed sugars, legumes, and soy to name a few. Most people think I'm crazy or well-disciplined. :pachah1: You have to be a bit of both for a sustained health change. I did it to alleviate a health challenge (autoimmune-related). And it worked. I've stayed committed.

Wow well done girly! How is paleo different to keto? Sounds about the same.

Keto is truly an amazing diet and experience. If you have chronic skin, digestive or teeth issues than Keto will solve majority of your health issues. But the diet/lifestyle can and will get boring rapidly quick without discipline; because you don’t want to be in and out of Keto and limiting food can make life somewhat boring even with the health benefits. Once you in Keto, you want to stay in Keto for a while. Right now I’m doing Keto and seeing weight gain (Nothing but lean quality muscle), super clean skin and energy through the roof.

But once I’m done with Keto. I’ll just modify my diet, eat high fat(Quality animal fats, the more saturated the better) but add vegetables and rice(Japonica rice).

Don’t be afraid of saturated fats. Ancel Keys has a special place in hell for demonizing this wonderful energy source with his bogus study and taking the West along with his sugar bubbies to metabolic hell. Oh and the food pyramid as well which created by the United States Department of Agriculture to promote gut destroying grains. :liberaltears:

The real culprit for premature death in 2017 is Sugar(Sucrose and High Fructose Corn Syrup for you yanks) and transfat.

Weston A Prince clique represent :birdman::ahh::salute:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Wow well done girly! How is paleo different to keto? Sounds about the same.

Thank you, sis. They are similar in that they focus on no grains, no legumes, emphasize healthy fats, eating quality meats, and encouraging the consumption of non-starchy vegetables and leafy greens. The keto diet focuses on manipulating macronutrients - fat, protein and carbs. It's mainly low carb and high fat. While paleo does not limit the amount of carbs, you can eat. So you are free to eat squash, sweet potatoes and pumpkin. You are also free to have natural sweeteners (honey, coconut sugar, maple syrup and molasses) albeit in moderation. Paleo restricts dairy while keto permits it. Keto also requires ketosis testing. Also, keto uses fat as a fuel source rather than carbs.

Thank you, sis. They are similar in that they focus on no grains, no legumes, emphasize healthy fats, eating quality meats, and encouraging the consumption of non-starchy vegetables and leafy greens. The keto diet focuses on manipulating macronutrients - fat, protein and carbs. It's mainly low carb and high fat. While paleo does not limit the amount of carbs, you can eat. So you are free to eat squash, sweet potatoes and pumpkin. You are also free to have natural sweeteners (honey, coconut sugar, maple syrup and molasses) albeit in moderation. Paleo restricts dairy while keto permits it. Keto also requires ketosis testing. Also, keto uses fat as a fuel source rather than carbs.

I think paleo sounds healthier, I think you get more nutrition out of it. Off to buy a book on it!

Keto is truly an amazing diet and experience. If you have chronic skin, digestive or teeth issues than Keto will solve majority of your health issues. But the diet/lifestyle can and will get boring rapidly quick without discipline; because you don’t want to be in and out of Keto and limiting food can make life somewhat boring even with the health benefits. Once you in Keto, you want to stay in Keto for a while. Right now I’m doing Keto and seeing weight gain (Nothing but lean quality muscle), super clean skin and energy through the roof.

But once I’m done with Keto. I’ll just modify my diet, eat high fat(Quality animal fats, the more saturated the better) but add vegetables and rice(Japonica rice).

Don’t be afraid of saturated fats. Ancel Keys has a special place in hell for demonizing this wonderful energy source with his bogus study and taking the West along with his sugar bubbies to metabolic hell. Oh and the food pyramid as well which created by the United States Department of Agriculture to promote gut destroying grains. :liberaltears:

The real culprit for premature death in 2017 is Sugar(Sucrose and High Fructose Corn Syrup for you yanks) and transfat.

Weston A Prince clique represent :birdman::ahh::salute:

Sxb what are your goals? is it weight gain or weight loss ? I have been on this diet several times before and each time I got horribly sick while gaining weight.

Explain the type of meat you consumed, is it grass fed? and how often? do you grill, fry, boil or cook with oil or not? breakdown your full average meal plan on a day to day basis.

I know you incorporate intermittent fasting a lot from your previous posts, but this breaks the low carb diet, you are in keto yes but not Atkins kind of keto were your consuming fat as well, it's like the long Ramadan fasts, you will loose weight and gain lean muscles regardless what you eat because of the increase in growth hormone production as well as fat burn.

The US food pyramid heavily promotes diary/meat too, both industries push this whole low carb saturated fat. I was a believer once upon a time until I engaged in deep research on this topic after repeatedly falling ill on this diet while gaining tremendous weight each time.

I don't know why you are maligning grains like that faux low carb/paleo scammers do, humanity has been eating this for millenniums, our parents as well as our forefathers ate grains all the time in the form of sorghum and sweet potatoes, you just have to take a look at how strong/healthy they are

The whole of Europe lived off potatoes/oats, South America lived off sweet corn/Quinoa, the Asians had rice/rye, the west Africans had millet and the entire middle east ate Barley/couscous as grain,

In fact Barley is our Prophets favourite food, it's the most nutritiousness grain, it was the diet of the gladiators that were know as the 'barley man', the most powerful battle hardened people, they did studies on their bones that were dug up in colosseums

I have never experienced any autoimmune or skin issues with any of the diets I tried because I avoided all GMO processed crap which may explain why @sophisticate got ill, I buy the grains in organic form because they come in either GMO or NON GMO filled with toxic cancer causing glyphosate from Monsanto "round up" sprayed on almost all farms in the western hemisphere (this effects the entire food supply)

That's the stuff that's making people ill not the actual food, another great example was bread (wheat), I would get ill eating that crap and was told I may have gluten sensitivity, I went gluten free and got even worse!

I researched this thoroughly and realised they yet again used toxic glyphosate (mosanto roundup) on wheat as well as toxic preservatives which I am very sensitive too (the more healthy you are, the more sensitive you get to these things, when you loose this sensitivity you develop autoimmune disease or cancer all of a sudden)

I went to my local farmers market and bought organic bread made from sourdough/rye, the issues went away! confirming to me again the culprit wasn't gluten or wheat at all.

This all happened by accident on a holiday, I realised I never got sick or bloated from the bread I ate in those places and my stomach felt very good afterwards, I know realise why because they were all naturally fermented with yeast with no toxic preservatives or monsanto glyphosate being used, this is the natural bread humanity ate everywhere.

Again the culprit is not bread, gluten or wheat, or in this case grains! in the last 30.000 years grains & starch made up the bulk of everyone's diet on this earth diet.

Last edited:
Height twins....

I was 102 lbs when I was a vegan back in 2013,2014 and 2015 and even went down to 98 lbs in the summer of 2015. :banderas:

I might try this keto diet.

Can I drink smoothies if in this diet?

Fruit is not allowed. You can eat as much water based veg as you like though.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Sxb what are your goals? is it weight gain or weight loss ? I have been on this diet several times before and each time I got horribly sick while gaining weight.

Explain the type of meat you consumed, is it grass fed? and how often? do you grill, fry, boil or cook with oil or not? breakdown your full average meal plan on a day to day basis.

I know you incorporate intermittent fasting a lot from your previous posts, but this breaks the low carb diet, you are in keto yes but not Atkins kind of keto were your consuming fat as well, it's like the long Ramadan fasts, you will loose weight and gain lean muscles regardless what you eat because of the increase in growth hormone production as well as fat burn.

The US food pyramid heavily promotes diary/meat too, both industries push this whole low carb saturated fat. I was a believer once upon a time until I engaged in deep research on this topic after repeatedly falling ill on this diet while gaining tremendous weight each time.

I don't know why you are maligning grains like that faux low carb/paleo scammers do, humanity has been eating this for millenniums, our parents as well as our forefathers ate grains all the time in the form of sorghum and sweet potatoes, you just have to take a look at how strong/healthy they are

The whole of Europe lived off potatoes/oats, South America lived off sweet corn/Quinoa, the Asians had rice/rye, the west Africans had millet and the entire middle east ate Barley/couscous as grain,

In fact Barley is our Prophets favourite food, it's the most nutritiousness grain, it was the diet of the gladiators that were know as the 'barley man', the most powerful battle hardened people, they did studies on their bones that were dug up in colosseums

I have never experienced any autoimmune or skin issues with any of the diets I tried because I avoided all GMO processed crap which may explain why @sophisticate got ill, I buy the grains in organic form because they come in either GMO or NON GMO filled with toxic cancer causing glyphosate from Monsanto "round up" sprayed on almost all farms in the western hemisphere (this effects the entire food supply)

That's the stuff that's making people ill not the actual food, another great example was bread (wheat), I would get ill eating that crap and was told I may have gluten sensitivity, I went gluten free and got even worse!

I researched this thoroughly and realised they yet again used toxic glyphosate (mosanto roundup) on wheat as well as toxic preservatives which I am very sensitive too (the more healthy you are, the more sensitive you get to these things, when you loose this sensitivity you develop autoimmune disease or cancer all of a sudden)

I went to my local farmers market and bought organic bread made from sourdough/rye, the issues went away! confirming to me again the culprit wasn't gluten or wheat at all.

This all happened by accident on a holiday, I realised I never got sick or bloated from the bread I ate in those places and my stomach felt very good afterwards, I know realise why because they were all naturally fermented with yeast with no toxic preservatives or monsanto glyphosate being used, this is the natural bread humanity ate everywhere.

Again the culprit is not bread, gluten or wheat, or in this case grains! in the last 30.000 years grains & starch made up the bulk of everyone's diet on this earth diet.

Here's the caveat. I've had the condition on-and-off since I was 7 years old. I've lived a healthy lifestyle and consumed organic grains in my adulthood, being relatively health conscious. It did nothing to reverse it. I've tried everything under the sun. AIP is the only thing that worked for me. You don't have the same susceptibilities so I wouldn't advise you to do my protocol. It was intended to reverse leaky gut but healing and sealing it. It is anti-inflammatory. It was not until I did AIP and removed major food categories - Grains, Corn, Legumes, Soy, Dairy, Nightshades, Nuts and Seeds and Eggs that I saw a sustained change in my condition. Even though humans have been cultivating grain for thousands of years, we are experiencing a bombardment of chemical assaults that are contributing to a rise in health anomalies and food sensitives/allergies, that were previously small in prevalence. Also, many people with gluten sensitivities are cross-reactive to pseudo grains (i.e. corn, amaranth, quinoa) that are gluten-containing. Essentially, what I am doing is the elimination diet. By getting rid of the major causes of inflammation in my diet. Improving my gut health. Then slowly reintroducing foods back and making note of any reactions.

I should also add that I stay away from grain and potatoes, but eat most starchy vegetables.

One last thing, organic non-GMO and fermented grains might be fine for most people but they aren't suitable for me, and I fell better without them.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Height twins....

I was 102 lbs when I was a vegan back in 2013,2014 and 2015 and even went down to 98 lbs in the summer of 2015. :banderas:

I might try this keto diet.

Can I drink smoothies if in this diet?

I became a size 0. Thing is the family started acting concerned so I had to fatten myself up to a comfortable 108. And it's still not good enough. I have to face the fact that Somali people will never be satisfied or pleased. :meleshame:

You can have smoothies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending