Anyone get severe food poisoning in SL/Somalia?

How often did you get sick your first time there? And what city where you in? What were your symptoms if any? Any local remedies you used to recover? Things to stay away from? Etc

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Yes, got sick for a week but it was worth it!!

Loved somali food, it was great.

I've lost my fobbish stomach, couldn't eat like the locals :bell:

Any remedies? Toilet papers and a tent near the toilets.

Apollo

VIP
I don't think I experienced real food poisoning, but I did get loose stool from some of their food.

However, I would advise taking some gastric acid inhibitors with you just in case, don't trust the medicine over there (expired Indian stuff).

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I get sick whenever I go back to Africa, the last time I went was horrible.

I will spare the absolute horror stories but I can tell you that my ayeeyo called a random doctor to meet me outside a random hotel in Galkacyo and he gave me these unmarked pills to take once a day to solve my issues.

Within three days, I was back to normal.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I don't think I experienced real food poisoning, but I did get loose stool from some of their food.

However, I would advise taking some gastric acid inhibitors with you just in case, don't trust the medicine over there (expired Indian stuff).

lose stool ha ha ha ha ha ha

Cerberus

I started my own security company Cerberus.
VIP
How often did you get sick your first time there? And what city where you in? What were your symptoms if any? Any local remedies you used to recover? Things to stay away from? Etc
In Minneapolis I did. Indian Restaurant made me hit the toilet hard non-stop. And then a Chinese restaurant once gave me some virus worse than Covid back in 2013 and i was sick for days. When I woke up from the sickness on my 5th day of being sick and after taking SmartWater, my skin was glowing and body was fit and I felt like a youth all over again, like I felt like I was 13 and healthy or something.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I also get sick for a week everytime I arrive the reason why is our food in The West is heavily GMOed so your not used to the natural foods of Somalia. Your body is simply detoxxing itself from all the garbage chemically induced crap we eat here. Its a good thing

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot

I just got back you know.

The first 10 days your stool will be watery. An indication of your stomach being disturbed by Africa. Also the fact that you’ve been eating artificially made processed food.

My biggest concern was diarrhea. I was very aware of the restaurants I was eating from. The high-end restaurants in the city of Hargeisa would cost you an arm and a leg. Their food would be atrocious. Thanks to a friend from Seattle I was introduced to a hole in the wall type of restaurant where I ate my lunch from for close to 2 months. I did not get sick one time from eating there. Their food was just ok but I had no choice. I would get a huge waslad (big meat portion) with either Bariis or Macaroni and a fresh juice (I preferred Papaya) for $7. I would never finish that food for some reason. I would only eat just enough. Their food just doesn’t taste correct. However, it is best to have home made food. The ladies at home know how to cook well. Eating from home cuts off the chance of you getting diarrhea. So I’d suggest you have a maid to cook for you at home. I was staying at a hotel and I was forced to eat out.
👆this is the spot

Trending