Anyone else have a desire to be at war?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It feels as if i haven't experienced true manhood when I haven't experienced a life or death situation battle before. :mjlol:

VixR

Veritas
That's because you're one of those dew-eyed 'green' men that think there is glory in war.

I know someone who got deployed as an army foot soldier to Afghanistan last week. I doubt very many men would trade him places, except to escape misery and truly shitty prospects (like he did), or some young men that were sold a fake narrative on war that they soon unlearn.

Apollo

VIP
I want to see World War III happen. A war between the developed countries (the West, Russia, China, Japan etc).

ExcessFame

True Villain
It feels as if i haven't experienced true manhood when I haven't experienced a life or death situation battle before. :mjlol:
Anyone who says this is a coddled first world child. You know nothing of war. You don't want any of it. You wouldn't be making easy comments like this if you were part of even a small skirmish, let alone a war, you wecel :drakewtf::pacspit:

That's because you're one of those dew-eyed 'green' men that think there is glory in war.

I know someone who got deployed as an army foot soldier to Afghanistan last week. I doubt very many men would trade him places, except to escape misery and truly shitty prospects (like he did), or some young men that were sold a fake narrative on war that they soon unlearn.
It doesn't make sense, I know. i know that its not as glorious or extravagant... More of a small desire on my end. Part of the male experience I guess. :trumpsmirk:

Anyone who says this is a coddled first world child. You know nothing of war. You don't want any of it. You wouldn't be making easy comments like this if you were part of even a small skirmish, let alone a war, you wecel :drakewtf::pacspit:
We've found the war child. :cosbyhmm:

Gadiid

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow.
War sucks, sometimes it becomes inevitable. But it's a situation I wish I'll never be put in.
You won't be some Hollywood hero standing against the cavalry as they charge you down, a stray bullet will kill you long before then.
The stories I hear from home and from wars around the world show that it shouldn't be desired and should always be the last resort.
Families broken, soldiers who're no longer capable of being who they were before, innocents caught in the crossfire etc.
You rarely hear folk speak about the dark, dirty and terrible things that happen during war. It's all romanticized with hints of what it would actually be like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending