Anybody else feel like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genesisx72

living off borrowed time
Honestly, I call myself Somali, but I don't feel like it. I've been to the country a few times, I speak the language but growing up in the West, I feel massively disconnected. What even constitutes being "Somali"? Big foreheads and a diet of carbohydrates?

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Just like me, I went inside an Ethiopian restaurant.. I felt Ethiopian when I smelled a raw meat. Isn't it Great?!?:mjkkk:

Dude, Wtf you mean I don't feel like Somali? :draketf: SOMALI is your identity whether you feel like it or not.

You're funny tho, that's best part!!!
tenor (4).gif

.... and my story of an Ethio restaurant was certified bs. :denzelnigga:

Last edited:

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Are you an ethnic somali?
If so your somali

It seems you honeslty really want to get back in touch With somali culture . My advice be like Anthony Bourdain and go to somalia. But instead of taking a short trip stay there for a long ass time.

heck maybe you might comeback from the trip as a whole new person
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Genesisx72

living off borrowed time
Just like me, I went inside an Ethiopian restaurant.. I felt Ethiopian when I smelled a raw meat. Isn't it Great?!?:mjkkk:

Dude, Wtf you mean I don't feel like Somali? :draketf: SOMALI is your identity whether you feel like it or not.

You're funny tho, that's best part!!!
View attachment 60536

.... and my story of entering an Ethio restaurant was certified bs. :denzelnigga:
I always tell
If so your somali

It seems you honeslty really want to get back in touch With somali culture . My advice be like Anthony Bourdain and go to somalia. But instead of taking a short trip stay there for a long ass time.

I am of course full Somali, and I always say I'm Somali when asked and never say stuff like I'm Arab because I'm proud of what I am. I stayed in Mogadishu for 6 months a year ago, so I think that gave me a good idea of the country and people, but I never felt apart of it if that makes sense?

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Since I'm a gaal, I don't see myself as a somali because islam and somali identity are tied together..But still I appreciate my ancestors.

VixR

Veritas
There’s supposed to be a feeling associated with being anything? I don’t feel any particular way, it’s just a fact. But I can understand the part about feeling disconnected, though it also makes sense to me that I am.

Apollo

VIP
Honestly, I call myself Somali, but I don't feel like it. I've been to the country a few times, I speak the language but growing up in the West, I feel massively disconnected. What even constitutes being "Somali"? Big foreheads and a diet of carbohydrates?

course_genetics-640x353.jpg

Is there a banana next to your lunch/diner? If the answer is yes, then you're a somali. If the answer is no, then you need dhaqan celis ASAP. :siilaanyolaugh:

Always Lit

Everybody lies, which ones are tolerable??
If so your somali

Dont ever use anthony bourdain saaxib. All his travels but he ended up pulling the trigger....suicide saddens me very much.

Always Lit

Everybody lies, which ones are tolerable??
Since I'm a gaal, I don't see myself as a somali because islam and somali identity are tied together..But still I appreciate my ancestors.
real talk you think they wouldve appreciated u..? Nigga i thing Sayidka AUN wouldve had a field day on ur head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending