Anti-FGM Activism is radical, racist,ethnocentric and sexist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
Why would anyone support 7 years old girl getting her clittoris remove and sewing with her labia baffles me.

I am not an activist nor do I support their media exposures and their money making business. FGM in the west hardly happens. It is true cadaans take advantage of this matter and accuse and stereotype somali parents that they are mutilating their daughters whenever they leave the country but it's our own fault that most somalis don't know their legal rights.

Again anyone who advocates this disgusting, haram and unislamic practice should be ashamed of themselves.

The wording ''Mutilation'' is rather misleading and inaccurate. it does not damage the functioning of the genitals and it more or less meant to inhance it according to medical experts and the supporters of it. Furthermore it victimizes people who do not view themselves as either ''abused' or ''victims'' and also stigmatizes communities.

It also reduces the Somali woman to a spectacle of her own genitalia.

When the average Somali woman walks down the street every creepy dude around the corner will be thinking about her genitals. Because of the dehumanizing characterization made by the media.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
it does not damage the functioning of the genitals and it more or less meant to inhance it according to medical experts

It enhances the functioning of the genitals according to medical experts?:drakewtf: War delete your account.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Why would anyone support 7 years old girl getting her clittoris remove and sewing with her labia baffles me.

I am not an activist nor do I support their media exposures and their money making business. FGM in the west hardly happens. It is true cadaans take advantage of this matter and accuse and stereotype somali parents that they are mutilating their daughters whenever they leave the country but it's our own fault that most somalis don't know their legal rights.

Again anyone who advocates this disgusting, haram and unislamic practice should be ashamed of themselves.

But......

Do you call a habaryar who had a child but then gets closed up disgusting? Honestly I think you forget how common it is for most women over a certain age. Who am I to tell them what to do. It's absolutely none of my business.

But that act is technically illegal, and I should call the authorities.

The entire clitoris cannot be removed from a girl or woman’s body without killing her..
It enhances the functioning of the genitals according to medical experts?:drakewtf: War delete your account.

It is ''Meant to'' enhance aestetically, hygienically and sexually. Wether it does or not is up for debate. You can even debate if male circumcision enhances or not.

That's clitoral hood removal and he's right. :pachah1:

Right!. It depends on what type of genital surgeries you speak of. They are not all the same Type 1 & 2 FGM which is the most commonly practiced in Africa is the equivalent to FGC practiced by the west which is done for enhancing medical and aesthetic reasons.

The British Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists has declared that many types of FGM and FGCS are anatomically similar -

Duchess

VIP
That's clitoral hood removal and he's right. :pachah1:

How is that comparable to FGM? FGM is done without consent by untrained individuals, involves the removal of most ( if not all) of the external genitalia and leads to life long health issues/complications including death during childbirth. Comparing the mutilation of little girls to an opt-in procedure done by trained professionals is absolutely ridiculous. Let's not do this. Let's not try to excuse the inexcusable because we disagree with the parasitic anti FGM activists.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
How is that comparable to FGM? FGM is done without consent by untrained individuals, involves the removal of most ( if not all) of the external genitalia and leads to life long health issues/complications including death during childbirth. Comparing the mutilation of little girls to an opt-in procedure done by trained professionals is absolutely ridiculous. Let's not do this. Let's not try to excuse the inexcusable because we disagree with the parasitic anti FGM activists.

Yes that's type 4, honestly I think most somalis do type worst type I'm not sure tho. But the law bans them all including the one thats even less invasive then that one. Also the FGM law has nothing to do with age.

I think everyone is in agreement that underaged girls having any of them performed is not good but the methods and the laws are what the topic concerns. Basically they're backfiring and peiple that would of sought help are now too scared to.

http://www.battleofideas.org.uk/BiP_2014/BiP_FGM_Brid_Hehir.pdf

Zuleikha

But......

Do you call a habaryar who had a child but then gets closed up disgusting? Honestly I think you forget how common it is for most women over a certain age. Who am I to tell them what to do. It's absolutely none of my business.

But that act is technically illegal, and I should call the authorities.

Things have change even back home. We are more educated about this matter. We know this is pre-islamic practice which is haram.

Habaryars can sew herself as much as she likes afterall she is an adult who makes her own decision. However I do not support cruelty against children FGM being number 1 where short sighted old woman is using rusty makinad to cut young girls clitoris.

I know plenty somali women including my mother, grandmother and aunties that do not support FGM because they are islamically educated now.

Male circumcision is also done without consent we dont see you lamenting over that do we?. Not really it will not lead to any lifetime issues or complications because most of the sensitive tissue exist on the inner clitoris and inner labia. So most live very rich sexual lives.

The complications are not due to the surgeries.
Significantly, reviews of the medical literature indicate that most of the widely publicized claims about high morbidity or mortality and negative reproductive health consequences of female genital surgeries do not standup to critical scientific analysis
. In countries in Arica where morbidities (infertility, stillbirths, menstrual problems, damage to the perineum) are relatively high compared to North American or European standards, those morbidity levels are just as high for “uncut” women.
In Western countries, some medical experts who treat affected African women suggest that instances of morbidity may be related more to miscommunication,fear, distrust, delays in seeking care, and avoiding medical and surgical interventions than to surgical genital modification per se.
http://ehln.org/?p=26674

It does compare that's the point and gynecologists point it.
The British Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists has declared that many types of FGM and FGCS are anatomically similar -

You can read the info and literature, medical journals about it and then form an opinion. But you are soo bigoted that you wont even do that.:pachah1:

You are against it for the sake of being against it. How are you any different than these wacko pedophile Anti-FGM activists who get a kick on looking at little girls phannies. :ulachen001::ulachen001::ulachen001:

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Things have change even back home. We are more educated about this matter. We know this is pre-islamic practice which is haram.

Habaryars can sew herself as much as she likes afterall she is an adult who makes her own decision. However I do not support cruelty against children FGM being number 1 where short sighted old woman is using rusty makinad to cut young girls clitoris.

I know plenty somali women including my mother, grandmother and aunties that do not support FGM because they are islamically educated now.

I think you misinterpreted the topic then. The majority of the cases of FGM that have been found outside of Africa were adult women who were getting resewn after birth or children who already came in to the country having it done.

That situation is extremely rare and pretty much never happens in the west.

Nowadays women who want to get restructive surgery are to scared to go to the gynaecologist, for free of judgement or even criminal punishment.

:damedamn:

Zuleikha

I think you misinterpreted the topic then. The majority of the cases of FGM that have been found outside of Africa were adult women who were getting resewn after birth or children who already came in to the country having it done.

That situation is extremely rare and pretty much never happens in the west.

Nowadays women who want to get restructive surgery are to scared to go to the gynaecologist, for free of judgement or even criminal punishment.

:damedamn:

Well then I believe you and geeljire are not in the same page.

Last edited:

Duchess

VIP
You can read the info and literature, medical journals about it and then form an opinion. But you are soo bigoted that you wont even do that.:pachah1:

You are against it for the sake of being against it. How are you any different than these wacko pedophile Anti-FGM activists who get a kick on looking at little girls phannies. :ulachen001::ulachen001::ulachen001:

Did you just call me a pedophile?:drakewtf:

So I'm a pedophile for stating that FGM is child abuse, but you're not a pedophile for starting a topic about the genitalia of little girls and defending this practice ? You claim to be neutral on this subject, yet you're jumping through hoops to try to excuse it. 'Don't call it mutilation', 'what about male circumcision', 'it's like designer vajayjays' GTFOH. My bad for thinking I could have a rational discussion with you. :camby:

Did you just call me a pedophile?:drakewtf:

So I'm a pedophile for stating that FGM is child abuse, but you're not a pedophile for starting a topic about the genitalia of little girls and defending this practice ?

Yes you are a pedophile if you support these Anti-FGM activist. DAMN FUCKING RIGHT I SAID IT!!.:madkid: ''Examining'' little girls , pulling down their skirts and film and taking snapshots of their genitals is consider ''Pedophilia''. no matter how you look at this.

You can have your stance on any subject but you can't impose the view point you inherited from the west on others and thinking they will be ok with it.You can repeat child abuse all you like , that does not make their view and reality. Peoples who's parents are loving and caring people. You cannot victimize people and communities who do not see themselves as ''Victims'' or ''Abused''.
''We’re told that we’re psychologically damaged as a consequence of being abused. But we were not abused. Our parents did it out of love for their children. We continue to love our ‘abusers’ and feel proud of them for having stopped the practice - Asha''
http://www.shiftingsands.org.uk/fgm-i-hate-that-word-its-not-me-im-not-mutilated/

You claim to be neutral on this subject, yet you're jumping through hoops to try to excuse it. 'Don't call it mutilation', 'what about male crcumcision', 'it's like designer vajayjays' GTFOH. My bad for thinking I could have a rational discussion with you. :camby:[/

You are very immature person aren't you? You have this hooplaah ''If you are not with me you are argainst me'' and 'Us versus Them'' mentality going on here. What can I say to someone who think they are apart of CartoonNetwork Powerpuff Girls fighting an evil cabal :mjlol:

I'm making valid points pointing out the hypocrisy and contradictions around the ''Activism'' behind it. You are trying dodge your way out of them with cheap insults and derogatory rhetoric not support by any medical literature or by wast majority of people who have had performed on them.

1) You guys speak of consent, but the subject of consent disappears whenever I mention male circumcision you choke. Let me add that there is no medical evidence that supports the idea that male circumcision is less harmful, less painful, less traumatic etc. than female circumcision practices. Also, there are no distinctions made between traditional or customary male circumcision versus those procedures that are hospital based. Yet why aren't you on the Anti-MGM campaign if you really care about childrens rights and consent.?

War hoy save me the bulshitt.!!

2) What I say about designer vagina shows how RACIST this campaign is they are discriminating African women and girls singling them out. Why is that allowed and considered right? You can just dismiss it but you will still prove my point that the Anti-FGM campaigners have no regard for anyone other than themselves and their allocation of resources.

Ironic you are talking about rational discussion but you are too immature and too self-righteous to even accept FACTS. Immature people like you cannot handle disagreement, even if that disagreement was over what shade of black to paint the roof. Your mind lacks a way to rationalize disagreement and likewise your response is a base animal like either or reaction.
So you keep shouting stuff that isn't even supported by medical experts and gynecologists. Yet I am irrational GTFOH :camby:

Last edited:
Its ironic you made a claim earlier about infant mortality and morbidity but when I showed you medical studies earlier which proved it to be wrong. You became mute and tried to change the discourse of the conversation.

Explain to me how you can have a stance whether it be for or against it, or neutral. When you are not backed by actual information.

Every fact or view point you have is from the media and these Anti-FGM activists who sole purpose is to attract ratings, money and service a career out of this and not actual Gynecologists, medical experts and the scientific literature around it.

Can you be anymore shallow? Whats next? are you going to tell me what Beyonce told you? or reference Ayaan Hirsi on the subject? :draketf:

Status
Not open for further replies.