Anti-FGM Activism is radical, racist,ethnocentric and sexist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I don't know, maybe because some random islaan with a rusty sakiin that's been god knows where is cutting off a sexual organ with a high probability of infection, blood loss, and complications later in life.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
I don't know, maybe because some random islaan with a rusty sakiin that's been god knows where is cutting off a sexual organ with a high probability of infection, blood loss, and complications later in life.

Funny thing is that I've met young Somali women in the western diaspora actually try to justify gudniin. They always go with the culture angle as if aspects of ones culture can't be bad. Perhaps the kurds should justify honor killing women because of culture.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
No people are against it because it's sexist, abusive and a health risk to women's and girls health.

Sexist- many things are legal
Health risks- many things are that are legal
Abusive- well I remeber having a discussion with you about little somali girls being abused by teachers but you said that was ok in order to stop them being victimized.

You're not consistant.

I'm actually not pro circumsion and no one in my family is, but I'm not an anti FGM activist either. My opinion is that children shouldn't go under any extra body modification that isn't ascribed under our religion. If an adult woman wants it done, than I'm happy for her and will not judge her for her choices regardless of the health consequences.

Most people would arrive at a conclusion when they read it entails the surgical removal of the clitoris and is often not done by trained professionals. Many have died from the procedure due to bloodloss, infections etc. It staggers me how you're neutral on such an issue such as FGM. The risks clearly outweigh the benefits and that is why I'm against this God awful practice be it "Islamic" or otherwise.

Yeah sure but what does the medical studies say.
The widely publicized and sensationalized reproductive health and medical complications associated with female genital surgeries in Africa are infrequent events and represent the exception rather than the rule.
Reviews of the medical and demographic literature and direct comparisons of matched samples of “uncut” and “cut” (primarily type II) African women suggest that, from a public health point of view, the vast majority of genital surgeries in Arica are safe, even with current procedures and under current conditions. According to some medical experts, with a proper input of medical resources, the potential for harm can be reasonably managed. The exceptions, where and when they occur, are usually the result of inadequate surgical conditions, hygiene, or mal practice, as well as relative deficiencies in the general health care system in Africa. Significantly, reviews of the medical literature indicate that most of the widely publicized claims about high morbidity or mortality and negative reproductive health consequences of female genital surgeries do not standup to critical scientific analysis. In countries in Arica where morbidities (infertility, stillbirths, menstrual problems, damage to the perineum) are relatively high compared to North American or European standards, those morbidity levels are just as high for “uncut” women.
In Western countries, some medical experts who treat affected African women suggest that instances of morbidity may be related more to miscommunication,fear, distrust, delays in seeking care, and avoiding medical and surgical interventions than to surgical genital modification per se.
http://ehln.org/?p=26674

Last edited:

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Sexist- many things are legal
Health risks- many things are that are legal
Abusive- well I remeber having a discussion with you about little somali girls being abused by teachers but you said that was ok in order to stop them being victimized.

You're not consistant.

I'm actually not pro circumsion and no one in my family is, but I'm not an anti FGM activist either. My opinion is that children shouldn't go under any extra body modification that isn't ascribed under our religion. If an adult woman wants it done, than I'm happy for her and will not judge her for her choices regardless of the health consequences.

I still stand by that. Somali parents fault. Don't want the government to monitor and make sure you haven't committed an act of violence well stop doing it. As I've told you before 60 young girls in Sweden were mutilated and the only way the Swedish government found out was after they decided to do a check. Swedish government had already informed the Somalis, educated them on the topic but they ignored and continued on with their savage practice. Now those people are in jail and the young girls can finally get the care they need.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP

:damedamn:

You do realize that a lot of other 'procedures' performed by islaans with rusty sakiins with high infection rates. We're poor ya akhi, they do what they can with what they can.

Would your position change if it's performed in a sterile environment by a doctor? :damn:

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
I still stand by that. Somali parents fault. Don't want the government to monitor and make sure you haven't committed an act of violence well stop doing it. As I've told you before 60 young girls in Sweden were mutilated and the only way the Swedish government found out was after they decided to do a check. Swedish government had already informed the Somalis, educated them on the topic but they ignored and continued on with their savage practice. Now those people are in jail and the young girls can finally get the care they need.

You mean their parents?:faysalwtf:

They're in foster care probably being molested and you're ok with that?

Ok barni I think will have to agree to disagree. I'm always against child abuse, you're only against it when it's embarassing to you.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
You mean their parents?:faysalwtf:

They're in foster care probably being molested and you're ok with that?

Ok barni I think will have to agree to disagree. I'm always against child abuse, you're only against it when it's embarassing to you.

Who says they're being molested in foster care? Do you always make judgement based on your own traumatic experiences? :cosbyhmm:

Please tell me how a doctor doing a check is child abuse? You rather be here bashing people that are trying to eliminate FGM rather than those that continue to practice it. You are embarrassing.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
I think everyone here agrees about Western hypocrisy and their racism towards African cultures. We all agree that they don't care about little Somali girls. They just want to feel superior, make money off being anti FGM and be the "white saviour". All of that is agreed upon on here (minus AbdiJohnson). Nobody is denying white people and their biased media.

So the above is a moot point.

Being "neutral" on the act itself is a cop out.

I think everyone here agrees about Western hypocrisy and their racism towards African cultures. We all agree that they don't care about little Somalia girls. They just want to feel superior, make money off it and be the "white saviour". All of that is agree upon on here (minus AbdiJohnson). Nobody is denying white people and their biased media.

Why are you soo interested in me taken a side over the other. Its not a cop out at all. Too me its irrelevant and I'm just indifferent to wether it should be practiced or not. Tede kale you should be happy I even disclose my private opinion to begin with.

Nothing should detract from the purpose of this thread which is the critic of the ''Activism'' behind it.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Who says they're being molested in foster care? Do you always make judgement based on your own traumatic experiences? :cosbyhmm:

Please tell me how a doctor doing a check is child abuse? You rather be here bashing people that are trying to eliminate FGM rather than those that continue to practice it. You are embarrassing.

:draketf:

Those 60 girls already had it done when they came to Sweden, unless they're performing these checks at the immigration office it's ridiculous for Sweden to take away these children based on what happened to them before their parents even got into the country.

Let's keep the convo civilized. Foster care is the worst possible place for a child to be, even social workers will tell you this, the rates of sexual and physical abuse are off the charts. Children that have been in foster care even for only a year are less likely to go to university, more likely to do drugs and commit suicide. But hey at least she's not with her slightly ignorant somali parents who went through hell and high water (literally) to give her a chance at a better life. :drakekidding: They too savage

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
:draketf:

Those 60 girls already had it done when they came to Sweden, unless they're performing these checks at the immigration office it's ridiculous for Sweden to take away these children based on what happened to them before their parents even got into the country.

No they did not. These girls were bleeding in School and complaining about pain. It was all over the news. 60 fucking girls.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
I think everyone here agrees about Western hypocrisy and their racism towards African cultures. We all agree that they don't care about little Somali girls. They just want to feel superior, make money off being anti FGM and be the "white saviour". All of that is agreed upon on here (minus AbdiJohnson). Nobody is denying white people and their biased media.

Yes but FGM isn't just about little girls anymore. It's been expanded on to women over the age of 18. I'm only against circumsion for those under 18. I wouldn't have it done myself and I would advise my friends and family against it, but having a law against a grown women having this body modification is wierd and hypocritical.

The law actually perplexes me, because type two is actually performed in the west, it's called clitral hood removal and labioplasty. It's not even that uncommon. I highly doubt @Barni would call the plastic surgeons savages tho. Lol

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Gudniin is some cultural hangup that really serves no purpose other than tradition. Why put anyone through pain and risk of lifetime complications for tradition.

LFR669.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts