Another ajanabi calling Somalis out for nationalism because they are celebrating July 1st

He thinks it’s too nationalistic and that our women are displaying their beauty. Personally, I couldn’t care less if other countries were celebrating their independence from gaal colonisers, even though I understand his point. I just hope he has the same energy for all these other Muslim nations, Arab or otherwise doing the same. What do u lot think?

Attachments

• CC2E0D64-EAF2-4C22-B056-38D3B4061B5E.png
    CC2E0D64-EAF2-4C22-B056-38D3B4061B5E.png
    394.1 KB · Views: 501
  • 899D1504-725D-4660-B7C8-B141720089F4.png
    899D1504-725D-4660-B7C8-B141720089F4.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 505

World

VIP
It’s so weird seeing people post a picture of themselves next to the Somali flag because it’s Independence Day, very self absorbed and narcissistic.

I don’t really care that much about Independence Day either tbh. Just another European cultural norm that was adopted by the world.

He thinks it’s too nationalistic and that our women are displaying their beauty. Personally, I couldn’t care less if other countries were celebrating their independence from gaal colonisers, even though I understand his point. I just hope he has the same energy for all these other Muslim nations, Arab or otherwise doing the same. What do u lot think?
Only ana Arab would clap for dis. He should worry about his own Arabs. Arabs dem selves are nationalist. They are all jealous.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
It’s so weird seeing people post a picture of themselves next to the Somali flag because it’s Independence Day, very self absorbed and narcissistic.

I don’t really care that much about Independence Day either tbh. Just another European cultural norm that was adopted by the world.
wecel. go gay bootyclap for Arabs in another post

He got a point as well da same niggas who cry about mawlid are da ones celebrating a flag day 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 like pick a struggle

Every day Arabs do it and u say nothing stop capping, u beg

Nah, that’s way too harsh. Plus it can’t be a European cultural norm if it’s literally celebrating taking what’s ours back from them. They (europeans) don’t have these days because most of them weren’t colonised

alien

📍outer space
VIP

listen to this song and forget your backwards views

Xaruun

VIP

Same. Couldn’t care less lol

World

VIP
Nah, that’s way too harsh. Plus it can’t be a European cultural norm if it’s literally celebrating taking what’s ours back from them. They (europeans) don’t have these days because most of them weren’t colonised
What did we take back? We didn’t engage in a war that resulted in the expulsion of Europeans out of our land. Europeans literally said, “hey i enjoyed your land you can have it back now.”

What did we take back? We didn’t engage in a war that resulted in the expulsion of Europeans out of our land. They literally said, “hey i enjoyed your land you can have it back now.”
If it weren’t for the resistance of Somalis, they would have turned us gaal, so yes, it is something to remember. All the resistance movements like the dervishes etc preserved our identity. And technically we did expel the Portuguese who attempted but ultimately failed

World

VIP
If it weren’t for the resistance of Somalis, they would have turned us gaal, so yes, it is something to remember. All the resistance movements like the dervishes etc preserved our identity. And technically we did expel the Portuguese who attempted but ultimately failed
I’m all for remembering and cherishing our history, the dervishes, ahmed gurey etc were all brave somalis who fought to preserve our people and our identity. Just don’t really care that much about the 1st of July, and the European custom of celebrating it every year.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
What did we take back? We didn’t engage in a war that resulted in the expulsion of Europeans out of our land. Europeans literally said, “hey i enjoyed your land you can have it back now.”

Somalia did not have to fight for independence because we were already very organised and were good at making ourselves heard without violence.

During WWII, we used the political climate to advocate for independence. After the war, we used the post-war negotiations such as the Potsdam conference of 1946 to our advantage to press for an agreed date for the establishment of Somalia.

You are also forgetting the people who died such as Hawo Tako, for the ability to become independent.

Are you even aware why, how or when Hawo Tako died?

I’m all for remembering and cherishing our history, the dervishes, ahmed gurey etc were all brave somalis who fought to preserve our people and our identity. Just don’t really care that much about the 1st of July, and the European custom of celebrating it every year.
Yh, I hear u, I just didn’t like that ajanabis wanna come for us for celebrating it because I see it as remembering our history and everything our ancestors did to liberate us

World

VIP
Somalia did not have to fight for independence because we were already very organised and were good at making ourselves heard without violence.

During WWII, we used the political climate to advocate for independence. After the war, we used the post-war negotiations such as the Potsdam conference of 1946 to our advantage to press for an agreed date for the establishment of Somalia.

You are also forgetting the people who died such as Hawo Tako, for the ability to become independent.

Let’s not kid ourselves. The reason why Somalia, and most of the world is independent is not because of their efforts, but because World War 2 forever changed the international political landscape. Imperialism was dead. Somalia would have been independent regardless.

reer

VIP

when a colonial power loses a world war they have to give up their african colonies. germany lost ww1 and italy lost ww2. so they were forced to give up somalia.
the more disgraceful fact was being the last italian colony to become independent. we gained independence nearly a decade after libya :mjlol:
the united nations gave us independence and they took it back in 1992/93.

reer

VIP
Let’s not kid ourselves. The reason why Somalia, and most of the world is independent is not because of their efforts, but because World War 2 forever changed the international political landscape. Imperialism was dead. Somalia would have been independent regardless.
there is no independence to celebrate. half somali territory has been uninterruptedly (apart from 1 year) foreign occupied for 80 years. the other half a foreign colony playground for outside powers.
we have been a consistently pathetic and weak nation for a century.

Yes and no, if Somalis didn’t push for independence, we would’ve gotten it much later

Trending

Latest posts