American-born Somali journalist drags Magool in New York Times op-ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually it is those who fail to take responsibility of their own lives and seek justification for their life in their clan heritage :)

From there they gain an out-seized pride and a means to look down upon other's based on a criteria that is outside one's control :)

You have better English comprehension skills than Duchess whom I assume lives in an English speaking country. She was too busy with the clan shit instead of acing her ESL evening classes.

You have better English comprehension skills than Duchess whom I assume lives in an English speaking country. She was too busy with the clan shit instead of acing her ESL evening classes.

I refuse to participate in anything other than merit-based argument, and as such keep the insults to a minimum, but you're point to trends that can be verified :)

I never found the article or its supposed effect to be of any significance and full a reading shows it intentioned as person anecdote more than anything :)

Average white person: "wow those have such a violent, barbaric past."
Duchess:"MUH NARRATIVE"

What @Duchess fails to understand (because clearly she never reads) is that op-eds are supposed to be biased, but this one wasn't even that biased. And she admitted her own family was implicated in the hatred and violence.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Welp, it looks like the knuckle dragging HAGists are starting to circle my topic. I'm glad you're all mad, but please don't aim your anger at me. I'm just the messenger. You can claim that I'm illiterate, live off of welfare, take ESL classes on the weekend etc but it won't change the fact that your aunt Magool got dragged on the world stage and ain't a damn thing you can do about it. :gaasdrink:

@Duchess wow thank you for sharing this article! It was a powerful, riveting and emotional article. Ignore the lunatics in here. They will never understand. They follow the "Unuka Leh" narrative but their snakes.

Safy great article, inshallah many more to come!

Duchess

VIP
@Duchess wow thank you for sharing this article! It was a powerful, riveting and emotional article. Ignore the lunatics in here. They will never understand. They follow the "Unuka Leh" narrative but their snakes.

Safy great article, inshallah many more to come!

It's only onwards and upwards from here for the sister.

Duchess

VIP
Why would anyone hate on the article? It did a great job showcasing how both sides were inevitably poisoned with qabilism.

It's clear you're a supporter of the USC. You can't equate her family's reactionary response to an organized and targeted attempt at cleansing an entire clan from the country. The former is a natural human response, the latter is animalistic in nature. I would expect someone who claims to be so well read to be able to differentiate between the two. Thankfully, Joe and Jane will read this op-ed with the understanding that clan didn't destroy Somalia, your people did and Magool was niiko'ing through it all.

It's clear you're a supporter of the USC. You can't equate her family's reactionary response to an organized and targeted attempt at cleansing an entire clan from the country. The former is a natural human response, the latter is animalistic in nature. I would expect someone who claims to be so well read to be able to differentiate between the two. Thankfully, Joe and Jane will read this op-ed with the understanding that clan didn't destroy Somalia, your people did and Magool was niiko'ing through it all.
I don't have to equate them, she plainly states in the article both her grandmother and Magool are victims dealing with trauma through qabilism. It's the only power structure that gives them a voice in the whole matter.

I see both my grandmother and Magool, and really all Somali women from that generation, as proxies in a conflict between men.

You sound worse than @R.Kelly with all this reaching, but at least his threads are comic relief. I think 1 resident clown is enough on this forum.

Duchess

VIP
I don't have to equate them, she plainly states in the article both her grandmother and Magool are victims dealing with trauma through qabilism. It's the only power structure that gives them a voice in the whole matter.

You sound worse than @R.Kelly with all this reaching, but at least his threads are comic relief. I think 1 resident clown is enough on this forum.

She draws a similarity based on their gender. Her grandmother, as a woman, was the biggest victim of the USC militias, while Magool was used by the same militia to rally their troops. She does not say they are the same. What became of Magool? What did she gain from standing on technicals, remixing her songs to encourage the USC to rape and kill other women simply because of their clan? She ended up becoming a victim of intra-USC fighting and fled Somalia for the diaspora just like the Darood she despised.

I'm getting tired of having to break shit down like baby food for you people. This is clearly above your level of understanding. This article wasn't meant for you. Just accept it and move on.

She draws a similarity based on their gender. Her grandmother, as a woman, was the biggest victim of the USC militias, while Magool was used by the same militia to rally their troops. She does not say they are the same. What became of Magool? What did she gain from standing on technicals, remixing her songs to encourage the USC to rape and kill other women simply because of their clan? She ended up becoming a victim of intra-USC fighting and fled Somalia for the diaspora just like the Darood she despised.

I'm getting tired of having to break shit down like baby food for you people. This is clearly above your level of understanding. This article wasn't meant for you. Just accept it and move on.
You have a hatred so deep that you've lost your ability to read.

Prioritize your life over this nonexistant war you're fighting, it's simply not healthy.

BTW thanks for the balanced article, I'll keep an eye on this girl.

Duchess

VIP
You have a hatred so deep that you've lost your ability to read.

Prioritize your life over this nonexistant war you're fighting, it's simply not healthy.

BTW thanks for the balanced article, I'll keep an eye on this girl.

If my topic and the article did not upset you, you wouldn't be hurling insults at me in every single post of yours in this topic. I got you in your feelings, but you're trying to give me life advice?:mjkkk:You don't know me, don't pay my bills, and aren't related to me in any way so please save your unsolicited advice for your family and friends. The Duchess suggests you take your own advice and focus on your life instead of stalking my posts. Please and thank you.

Even tho they made this song to kill my adeeryaal and people, i find the music pretty aight .... :damedamn:

Holy shit.

"Marka jowhar ey soo marayeen Jecliya Jecliya" ... Damn :damn:

"Marka Madaxtoyada ey la cayriyay Jecliya Jecliya"... Damn :damn:

The USC slogan also on the back wall... Damn :damn:

What a terrifying group of people, their song alone scares the shit out of you. That was some nice beats though :damedamn:

Last edited:

she's obviously mixing up Safys words to fit her NARRATIVE :p:siilaanyolaugh:

Duchess

VIP
she's obviously mixing up Safys words to fit her NARRATIVE :p:siilaanyolaugh:

Now you're pivoting. What happened to claiming Safy was "crying"?

"I know now, and to some extent I knew even back then, that my grandmother is a good woman who adopted a toxic ideology as a way to cope with pain. Relatives of Magool, who died in 2004, would tell you the same about her: the decades of cruelty and marginalization perpetrated by members of the Darod clan justified her hate. I see both my grandmother and Magool, and really all Somali women from that generation, as proxies in a conflict between men."

Every woman Safy mentioned in this op-ed was a victim except for Magool. Not one participated in the civil war except for Magool. Magool was the only victimizer who ended up getting a taste of her own medicine and becoming a victim herself - dying shortly after tahriibing to Europe. It seems only the USC sympathizers on this forum have a hard time comprehending the very basic message of the op-ed.

I recently finished reading the untold stories of the mass rape of Germanic women by the red army when they took east Germany

It's estimated to be millions essentially a pay back for what the Nazis did to Russian females in their conquest were they engaged in mass rape

What goes around comes around, those that fail to stand up to oppression being committed by their own (silence is consent) will at some point suffer the consequences of that blow back

What's amazing is how every other nation particularly Europeans were the rapes were in the 10's of millions and murders in the 100 million ranges dwarfing anything we ever did to each other got over it and you never find them quarrel about this, yet we have topics on this weekly

Saado Ali (aun) and magool (aun) both had legitimate reasons to be angry and both are with their lord today, only a sick person would hate them, Hate is a vile characteristic of the losers and bottom feeders in a society, no sane or mentally healthy person would ever have hatred in their heart for anyone

The entire Somali conflict began because of colonial & later constant foreign interferences to destabilise the people, prior to this, conflicts were scarce and never major, they were quickly resolved by our elders

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts