Am I Somali or Ajnabi?

Somali or Ajnabi

• Total voters
Which means you are like most Somalis. Strange wallahi. I am 6 btw how the heck are you 7? Unless your dad was passing as white himself šŸ¤£. My uncle was 09 he married an Arab woman 04 and all his kids are 04. Another Somali guy who was 09 married an Arab who's 04 and all of his kids were 04. Even when my pure blooded Somali cousin married his daughter his grandkids were 04 and they are only 25% not Somali. My other cousin's great grand mother was an Arab he still looks very Arab even though he is only 12.5% Arab. So I really find it strange that people can tell you are black when you are half white.
Tbh it depends on if I tan or not. Tanned I am a solid 7 and in the winter I am a 6

cow

VIP
Who cares dude I could careless about someone's ethnicity. Are you considering moving to somalia ? if not then don't waste your time on somali nonsense.

Your biracial nothing wrong with that.

Garaad diinle

ī€šī€žī€¢ī€œī€  ī€ ī€Ÿī€”ī€ī€›
1st: Not yet but Iā€™m trying my best to learn
2nd: used to be (raised as a) Christian, irreligious now but looking into islam ā˜Ŗļø, might convert, but even if I donā€™t convert I will be ā€œculturally Muslimā€ aka still doing the traditions and such.
Glad to hear that you're looking into it, hope you revert back walaal. Aside from islam being a god sent religion to humankind it's also a crucial component and a centre piece of our somali identity. You've got somali blood running through your veins meaning you have a claim to a somali identity. You look like us and if you get the language part right no one would be able to tell if you're mixed or not.

Glad to hear that you're looking into it, hope you revert back walaal. Aside from islam being a god sent religion to humankind it's also a crucial component and a centre piece of our somali identity. You've got somali blood running through your veins meaning you have a claim to a somali identity. You look like us and if you get the language part right no one would be able to tell if you're mixed or not.
Yeah I am hardcore about the language/culture part. I am NOT becoming the Somali equivalent to the Italian diaspora šŸ’€šŸ’€šŸ’€

Iā€™m Somali but Iā€™m closer to my reer abti. Maybe you being half white changes things but Iā€™ve never felt like a different clan to my reer abti. I was fully welcomed in Puntland whenever they asked my qabiil

Mom is Somali (1/2 Ogaden, 1/2 Issaq/somalilander) and dad is white. Don't sugarcoat, am I considered Somali or Ajnabi/foreign and to what degree? I don't pass for white and you would think I am just a light skinned Somali guy (either that or Afr. American/Afr. American mixed with something else). I could probably pass for mostly Somali if I tried. But if I ain't welcome here IDGAF, better off knowing before I try to become apart of the community. I already dropped the white side a LONG time ago and kicked it like a football so I don't really know what I will claim but yeah. Also if I am not then what am I?
You are not Somali

Youā€™re somali if your father is somali broski

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
You're whatever you feel comfortable with. Though if you do want to be accepted more it's best to learn the language and culture/history. That way you'll have a advantage on any "say wallahis" who doubt your somali credentials.

You're whatever you feel comfortable with. Though if you do want to be accepted more it's best to learn the language and culture/history. That way you'll have a advantage on any "say wallahis" who doubt your somali credentials.
He said donā€™t sugarcoat it tell the truth to our brother

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
He said donā€™t sugarcoat it tell the truth to our brother
Ah well in that case. No he wouldn't be somali under cultural norms.

But as time goes on and we live in diaspora for longer, how long will these cultural norms hold?

I mean if somali man had a kid with a cadaan woman who then went on to have another cadaan child. Is that grandson Somali simply by being part of a qabil?

But as time goes on and we live in diaspora for longer, how long will these cultural norms hold?

I mean if somali man had a kid with a cadaan woman who then went on to have another cadaan child. Is that grandson Somali simply by being part of a qabil?
Ye he would if he also was culturally Somali, he would look very ODD however. Same way you can see ''Ethnic' somalis from big tribes who look completly madow however since they carry the name of that qabiil they are claimed. But yh if he is not culturally Somali no.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
Ye he would if he also was culturally Somali, he would look very ODD however. Same way you can see ''Ethnic' somalis from big tribes who look completly madow however since they carry the name of that qabiil they are claimed. But yh if he is not culturally Somali no.
The larger the clan the more variations one can have. Though most somali men marry somali women I do wonder what diaspora somalis would look like in 50 years.

In a hypothetical future I wonder how, if the homeland becomes prosperous, the Somalis back home would react to distinctly different somalis that might return. Perhaps I'm over thinking things as the main factor is paternal heritage and cultural knowledge.

Yes. I have a nephew his father (my cousin) mom is cadaan & he also married cadaan girl as well. So the child has the last name of my uncle and he looks lightskin somali but he still has the noble lineage that belongs to the somali peninsula and he is considered somali by our family. Alhamdulilah!