Am I Somali or Ajnabi?

Somali or Ajnabi

• Total voters
Is there a word for a mixed race person in the Somali language? Could you use cadcad to describe @Not_a_Somalilander or something similar to how in North Africa moor is a mixed Berber, Arab, French & Gnawa Bantu .

@Not_a_Somalilander What about calling yourself an Anglo-Somali? I think that’s what I would describe you.

Answer the damn question! Is your aabo Bashir-the-white-guy or that bearded skinny ginger cadaan dude wearing a greatersomalia map attached T-shirt?

sorry for voting “you’re ajnabi” if that’s why you’re upset with me and aren’t responding to my question…
IMG_1131.jpeg

Mom is Somali (1/2 Ogaden, 1/2 Issaq/somalilander) and dad is white. Don't sugarcoat, am I considered Somali or Ajnabi/foreign and to what degree? I don't pass for white and you would think I am just a light skinned Somali guy (either that or Afr. American/Afr. American mixed with something else). I could probably pass for mostly Somali if I tried. But if I ain't welcome here IDGAF, better off knowing before I try to become apart of the community. I already dropped the white side a LONG time ago and kicked it like a football so I don't really know what I will claim but yeah. Also if I am not then what am I?
You’re Somali mashallah

You are ajanebi. Somaliness is like a light switch, it is either zero or one. If you father isn’t Somali you aren’t somali.

You’re Somali mashallah
don’t delude the boy (if he’s not a troll). Under both traditional somali law and the constitution he’s not somali.

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
Here's someone who matched me on family finder. He is warsangeli even though he has an Indian haplogroup. He has a Somali name and last name his ancestors came here ages ago and he is now a Somali ethnically, many Somalis claim that their clan founding fathers are Arabs even though they are pure blooded Somalis. Stick to your reer abtis and embrace your identity no one will ever be able to diss you. Soon inshallah you will found your own clan beesha maraykan cadey and their story will be that they are the descendants of black hawk down marines.

What subclan is he?

Mom is Somali (1/2 Ogaden, 1/2 Issaq/somalilander) and dad is white. Don't sugarcoat, am I considered Somali or Ajnabi/foreign and to what degree? I don't pass for white and you would think I am just a light skinned Somali guy (either that or Afr. American/Afr. American mixed with something else). I could probably pass for mostly Somali if I tried. But if I ain't welcome here IDGAF, better off knowing before I try to become apart of the community. I already dropped the white side a LONG time ago and kicked it like a football so I don't really know what I will claim but yeah. Also if I am not then what am I?
If your dad's father was not Somali then you aren't. Pretty simple stuff.

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Half of these Somalian clans claim Arab baby daddies that never existed. You can be the first actual ajnab baby daddy to some distant farax in 1k years.

Sheekh Steve, we welcome you to the Somali ethnicity.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
This is a fullblown grown ass faarax from the deserts of Mudug, 15 year old mixed somalis can’t even pronounce somali words and here we have a expert on somali culture. Too many trolls in my community.

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
I heard some where he's Ahmed omar. Do you know them?

Axmed Cumar are the rarest to find second behind Maxamed Cumar, I've only met 1 AC odey in my life. They're reer Ceerigaabo originally.

They fall under the Cumar branch :

Nuux Cumar
Maxamud Cumar (constituting majority of Cumars)
Axmed Cumar(Ceeri and LQ)
Maxamed Cumar(Ceeri)
Yaasuf Cumar(Kenya and Jubaland)

Last edited:

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
@Not_a_Somalilander here is how you secure somalinimo
Step 1: Get Money
Step 2: Get 4 Somali wives preferably from the same clan
Step 3: Go to Somalia and choose some random uninhabited coastal place and establish a town there with your wives (also just claim that area as your Qabiil area don't be ashamed its small if you do things right your clan will expand for you in the future)
Step 4: Have loads of kids like 5 per wife or it can be 10 if you are serious about making a clan and fast.
Step 5: use your money to get laborers to build you this town and then make more kids.
Step 6: Sit back and enjoy and let your kids grow write documents or manuscripts for the future so your clansmen can read it and somalispotters can obsess over it and if your clan legacy is greater then other clans will Hotep off it.
Bonus Tip: Ensure you allocated 4 wives to each child marry off your girls to neighbouring clans so they be chill with you and ensure that all your boys have 4 healthy and fit halimos ready for your sons and preferebaly a strong clan
Another Bonus Tip: Make sure to pray everyday that majority of the children you produce is boys and if it don't work out you can always start over!

Guaranteed step by step procedure to have your own clan.

1704799674971.png

This image above is of a clan elder who has a house like this living in luxury if you follow the steps you will get to level up to something like this.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Why would you even want to be Somali if you don’t have a clan? Like what are the possible perks? You can’t even do FKD, you are the laangabiest of all laangaabs
This is a fullblown grown ass faarax from the deserts of Mudug, 15 year old mixed somalis can’t even pronounce somali words and here we have a expert on somali culture. Too many trolls in my community.
True. People fall for trolls lol

idk you're a girl or boy, but pray for daughters and hope they marry somali men. from what ive been somalis who have ajnabi fathers, end up with ajnabi and within 2 generations they lost of visual somali identity.

Only qabiilists will consider you not somali, but me personally I consider you somali if you can speak our language and lean towards our culture more and etc.
Qabil itself has never done anything good for somalis, somalis are one of the most homogeneous people and are genetically the same pretty much. I do agree with your statement, in all honesty if he looks somali and is in culture somali, i don't see much of a reason to not consider him to be half somali, i think he's simply both somali and caadan. I don't think it's one or the other like some people think.
Ironically enough he's a bit darker than a few somalis, cadcads for example are considered somali yet some from what i've seen can pass as south asian or arab

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
Qabil itself has never done anything good for somalis, somalis are one of the most homogeneous people and are genetically the same pretty much. I do agree with your statement, in all honesty if he looks somali and is in culture somali, i don't see much of a reason to not consider him to be half somali, i think he's simply both somali and caadan. Ironically enough he's a bit darker than a few somalis, cadcads for example are considered somali.
Qabiil is normal since Allah said that he made qabiil to be able to identify one another I just dont like qabyaalad where somalis thinking that they are different from the others just cause of some name in their lineage.

Trending