Alternative Solution to Gaajada Somaaliyeed.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Would you guys be interested in joining a discord for somali environmentalists?

We need to make our environment better by 2050. It all starts with careful planning and determination.

:nvjpqts:

Rooble44

Bishop of the order of Gacanta Furan ✋

We need to make our environment better by 2050. It all starts with careful planning and determination.

Count me in, we need small scale improvements in Somalia. That's the only way we can actually progress.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads

A discord group sounds like a great idea.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
Have you looked into the cost it would take to produce this per Kwh of power?

I know it's waste material but there ought to be a reason why there isn't already being used widespread as an alternative.

It is known around Asia. Particularly China and India. SE Asians also make their own bamboo charcoal.

Way faster and more sustainable to grow bamboo for biomass rather than importing coal or even worse, cutting down trees to make dhuxul

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads

I like that term Agropreneur. Sounds more real than that abstract term called entrepreneur. Even onlyfans hoes are calling themselves entrepreneurs. I can tell they been listening to GaryVee

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
It is known around Asia. Particularly China and India. SE Asians also make their own bamboo charcoal.

Way faster and more sustainable to grow bamboo for biomass rather than importing coal or even worse, cutting down trees to make dhuxul

Why don't you create a spreadsheet on what it takes to cultivate the plant in Asia. I.e soil requirements, water & etc.

Then we might be able to help you fill in the numbers for Somalia.

Once we know the cost we could start to think of feasible end products in high demand.

Biomass might might not be the best option since the alternatives are free or there's very little margin in the prices.

The higher the value chain the more jobs and value you create.

I'm more interested in bamboo furniture that could be exported.

Yoo

Eel eh?
What it do folks!

This thread was inspired by Helios/RasCanjero's thread on Somalia's Agro & Water Capacity prospects. I want to share some ideas that I found to be relevant to Somalia.

For too long we have depended on politicians to fix Somalia's economy and the fact we do that is just ass backwards.
I used to be one of them until I saw Greening the Desert and then I realized we need to fix our weakest link, which is not security, believe it or not.
Our baadiye is our weakest link. Our only solution is restoring our landscapes by harvesting rainwater and sustainable agriculture known as Permaculture to feed ourselves, the xoolaha and pockets.
Water scarcity and just straight up gaajo thru poor nutrition is the reason why we are in such a bad shape, physically, mentally, psychologically, politically, and all the other -allys.

Illaahi kugu daarshe, how many tribes have lost people due to beef over biyaha ceelka and grazing lands? The same dhulka qaraxda can produce abundance if we think broader and more interconnected.
Laakin alxamdulillah, these problems are nothing but opportunities if you're the hustler type or the creative type.

I'm thinking how to replace imports and actually produce stuff we need, I'm just write some stuff down and share some links. Brainstorm and remix this idea as much as you want to, as long as the both parties benefit.

Rainwater harvesting/ Greening the desert - Sheekooyin about places that was dry like Puntland and how they turned their place into food forests. Tripling the income of the families, healthier people and most importantly, A STRONGER AND ENGAGED COMMUNITY.

Bamboo - Very versatile geed. Grows full sized in 3 years. Shades the ground and creates a cooler micro-climate so that you can grow fruits and herbs around it and between them. Beekeeping benefits from the consistent microclimate. Improves the soil and cleans the water thru it's roots. Doesn't require much water. Excellent soil-builder. Easy to clone and just endless opportunities to make some dough thru selling on Alibaba, strengthening our export sector, one farm at a time.
Uses: Paper, food, charcoal, fabric of cashmere softness, furniture, construction material, fencing, Kitchen utensils, just a bunch of stuff. The economy benefits if people copycat eachother on this.

View attachment 127286
View attachment 127287

This is dolla dolla signs, fam.

Vetiver grass

View attachment 127288
View attachment 127289

These are just examples of many things we can grow that are drought tolerant.

I wanna hear y'all suggestions and how would you improve on this.

@RasCanjero @Helios and alla y'all
More of you and ras canjero n less of the FKD warriors would make improve this forum. Great thread jazakallah

Yoo

Eel eh?
Been on the wave since 2017 bro. We just need every one to work on their local region and we'll go global in 10 yrs time.

Time for the odays to step aside. Us young gonna inherit this land, might as well put in the hard work now and reap the fruits later. I want my children to inherit beautiful land with lots of resources.

Built roads and pavements, nicely planned cities with unique architecture we design for ourselves and artificially created tourist locations. We also need archaeological work done on our land. We are the only ignorant ppl that don't want to explore our history and culture. Imagine if the other nations just left their land and ancient history unexplored and neglected.

:manny:
We still need a functional government, young diaspora can improve the job market and create new business, improve the environment etc but huge projects hospitals, ports etc would be hard to build and maintain by the minority diaspora.

Trending