Al-Shabaab denies NISA claim that they killed NISA CyberSecurity Head Ikran Tahlil and they claim Govt. did it.

UPDATE

6th September 2021:
Prime Minister Roble Fires NISA Chief Fahad Yasin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timeline of events and background information

In 2017, Ikran Tahlil Farah worked as an assistant for the assassinated Mayor of Mogadishu, Yarisow. Later, she joined the National Intelligence Service (NISA) and became the Head of the Cyber Security Unit.

July 12th: Reports come out that Ikran Tahlil was missing, she was last seen on CCTV footage entering a NISA vehicle.

Ikran's mother Qali blames NISA Chiefs for her disappearance; the chief is Fahad Yasin, Deputy Chief is Kulane Jiis. Fahad Yasin left the country 1 day after her disappearance.

2nd of September 2021: NISA accuses AlShabab of killing Ikran Tahlil but does not provide evidence

3rd September 2021: AlShabab responds with a press-release in which they denied killing Ikran and they blame the Government for her disappearance and call it a 'political assassination'.
Throughout her disappearance, multiple reports came out that she may have known incriminating information about the Government/NISA

============================================================

3rd September 2021: AlShabab denies killing Ikran Tahlil Farah which is what NISA accused them of yesterday. They blame the Government for carrying out a political assassination on Ikran Tahlil.

5f75d5fc-5ced-45b2-9ec6-e84338401177-jpeg.199284

2nd September 2021: NISA claims that AlShabab killed Ikran Tahlil

Wallahi women shouldnt be in military nor intelligent agencies especially in somalia. Military life isnt a joke it is not safe for women. Sexual abuse is rampant in the armed forces, and most go unreported, those that are reported arent investigated properly because most abusers are in the higher-ups. I served in USCG and the horrors i heard from the women and even some guys is shocking, i worked with this gay woman who was raped. Im a handful of people she told, naago daacad eh oo rawaan inee wadankooda wax uqabtaan waaye dumarkaan, but it aint no place for girls wallahi, the gay cadaan tried to commit suicide.

This girl is most likely dead. AUN. and may her family have patience. AUN.

Wallahi women shouldnt be in military nor intelligent agencies especially in somalia. Military life isnt a joke it is not safe for women. Sexual abuse is rampant in the armed forces, and most go unreported, those that are reported arent investigated properly because most abusers are in the higher-ups. I served in USCG and the horrors i heard from the women and even some guys is shocking, i worked with this gay woman who was raped. Im a handful of people she told, naago daacad eh oo rawaan inee wadankooda wax uqabtaan waaye dumarkaan, but it aint no place for girls wallahi, the gay cadaan tried to commit suicide.

Lol i'm sick and tired of AUN lol. No wonder we shortened it, its used 24/7.

How about no AUN, say f*ck the government instead.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I was astonished that a student abroad CAME back to serve this country, especially seeing that a xalimo who studied SC field.

But apart from this clickbait, I was astonished that a student abroad CAME back to serve this country, especially seeing that a xalimo who studied SC field.
Not only her but a lot Somali professionals with extensive experience in various industries are/will go to Somalia to improve it, we simply want to see Somalia become great again. This is me included. Currently, only the lion hearted are going but as soon as Al-Shabaab is eradicated, you will see boatloads coming back.

I will never allow Somalia to fail, it's impossible. Too many have died and in the future, Somalia will become a metropolis without evil.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP

I want women in the armed forces laakin I think we should wait until it’s stable and we can have a womens unit without any men.
women and men shouldn’t be on the same units in Somalia

AlShaydan will continue killing people with no fear of reprisal as they have support and backing from their clansmen. Look at how some Southern clans started threatening Puntland after we caught their AlShaydan clansmen in Galkacyo.

AlShaydan is literally a parallel government in South Somalia because they have been endorsed and empowered.

AUN this poor lady if they killed her.
Half of reer @Jungle leaders are Alshabab, how in the hell did "elders" protest in the middle of Xamar for Alshabab without arrests!!

How does the head of cybersecurity disappear without trace. Interesting she also worked closely with Eng Yarisow who was killed in his office. Sounds like a setup/infiltration connected to a larger story.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
AUN, a full investigation is required in order to ascertain how this occurred. How she was essentially abducted from a secured area by enemy fighters is flabbergasting. It is a real shame that many of our youngest and brightest come back home to build their futures, only to have their life robbed by what simply is incompetency by her employers.

As for those mentioning the government, terror attacks increase in a country that moves from failed to fragile state. I do not want to take away from the news regarding this young lady's disappearance so I will leave it at that. If you would like an explanation, I would be happy to create another thread.

How does the head of cybersecurity disappear without trace. Interesting she also worked closely with Eng Yarisow who was killed in his office. Sounds like a setup/infiltration connected to a larger story.

My guess is she saw something she wasn’t supposed to and they had to get rid of her