Afro-Asiatic Genetics & Anthropology YouTube Channel.

Just discovered this dude's YT Channel he's created quality & quite accurate content regarding the ancestry of North-East Africans and North Africans.

Check this out:

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
I wonder who that is, must a lurker from here. It's not me.

I'd say his channel is more focused on Afro-Asiatic people rather than Somalis. He has some videos on Egyptians:

I wonder who that is, must a lurker from here. It's not me.

I'd say his channel is more focused on Afro-Asiatic people rather than Somalis. He has some videos on Egyptians:

I know he's focused on Afro-Asiatic peoples sxb.

I said he was Somali because he identified as Somali in the YT comments section a while ago.

Last edited:

Automaton

The founder of Somali Civil Liberties Union(SCLU)
@Apollo @SOMALI GENERAL

I was investigating the Chadic languages branch of Afro-Asiatic because I thought noway these Housas are related to us.

In terms of overall ancestry, an autosomal DNA study by Tishkoff et al. (2009) found the Hausa to be most closely related to Nilotic populations from Nigeria, Cameroon, central Chad and South Sudan. This suggests that the Hausa and other modern Chadic-speaking populations originally spoke Nilo-Saharan languages, before adopting languages from the Afroasiatic family after migration into that area thousands of years ago.

Basically, they're Nilo-Saharans who adopted Afro-Asiatic languages. Who did they adopted it from? Do you guys have any idea?

Apollo

VIP
@Apollo @SOMALI GENERAL

I was investigating the Chadic languages branch of Afro-Asiatic because I thought noway these Housas are related to us.

Basically, they're Nilo-Saharans who adopted Afro-Asiatic languages. Who did they adopted it from? Do you guys have any idea?

Linguistically they are closest to Berbers. Chado-Berber is a linguistic subbranch within Afro-Asiatic. The way they got to be part of Afro-Asiatic was due to something akin to ancient Sahara dwelling Berbers coming into contact with Nilo-Saharans somewhere in prehistoric Northern Chad and then being directed towards Lake Mega Chad (Lake Chad used to be much larger) and there they continued to mix with Nilotes and later on with Niger-Congo populations. However, they still retained a ''northern'' paternal lineage (R1b-V88). Even though R1b-V88 is not truly Afro-Asiatic (only E-M35 lineages really are) as it is a European Neolithic farmer lineage that crossed over from Iberia to the Maghreb. Nevertheless, R1b-V88 proves that they have ties to Northern populations and it also proves the proposed Chado-Berber linguistic subbranch.

Automaton

I totally agree with their ancient connection to the Barbers.

Linguistically they are closest to Berbers. Chado-Berber is a linguistic subbranch within Afro-Asiatic. The way they got to be part of Afro-Asiatic was due to something akin to ancient Sahara dwelling Berbers coming into contact with Nilo-Saharans somewhere in prehistoric Northern Chad and then being directed towards Lake Mega Chad (Lake Chad used to be much larger) and there they continued to mix with Nilotes and later on with Niger-Congo populations. However, they still retained a ''northern'' paternal lineage (R1b-V88). Even though R1b-V88 is not truly Afro-Asiatic (only E-M35 lineages really are) as it is a European Neolithic farmer lineage that crossed over from Iberia to the Maghreb. Nevertheless, R1b-V88 proves that they have ties to Northern populations and it also proves the proposed Chado-Berber linguistic subbranch.

This author says that the R1 is due to recent admixture with Baggara Arabs who live in that area. What do you think of this?

However, a 2018 study by Daniel Shriner argues that the haplogroup R1 is associated with (Baggarization) and found no evidence of ancient Eurasian gene flow

Apollo

VIP
This author says that the R1 is due to recent admixture with Baggara Arabs who live in that area. What do you think of this?

Heard of that, but I think that researcher is wrong. It was a flimsy assertion and hasn't been backed up by other studies. Many Sahelian R-V88s have been splitting from each other since 5,000 years ago while I assume the Baggara ethnic group is only 1,000 years old.

are you sure he's somali?

i think he's egyptian even in the description of this video he says "i have no problem with horner africans" which insinuates that he's not a horner himself

Automaton

Heard of that, but I think that researcher is wrong. It was a flimsy assertion and hasn't been backed up by other studies. Many Sahelian R-V88s have been splitting from each other since 5,000 years ago while I assume the Baggara ethnic group is only 1,000 years old.

Yes they're recent immigrants. :mjkkk:

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
are you sure he's somali?

i think he's egyptian even in the description of this video he says "i have no problem with horner africans" which insinuates that he's not a horner himself
The Title took me out:drakelaugh: "Somali Kang" :deadpeter::mjlaugh::deadrose:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I know he's focused on Afro-Asiatic peoples sxb.

I said he was Somali because he identified as Somali in the YT comments section.
He definitely isn't Somali. The way he showed us, although is fair, triggered me a little bit. Plus he said already he isn't Somali

Apollo

VIP
Are we half north Africans(ancient) and nilots as he claims?

Not completely, he left out the 10%-ish Somalia region hunter-gatherer. We are still waiting for a genomic paper on them. They have some 7,000 year old bones from the Buur Heybe archaeological site that still have to be processed.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Not completely, he left out the 10%-ish Somalia region hunter-gatherer. We are still waiting for a genomic paper on them. They have some 7,000 year old bones from the Buur Heybe archaeological site that still have to be processed.
So he's almost right then
Screenshot_20200815-164350_UC Browser.jpg

Aren't Somali people 45% West Eurasian not 40%?

Trending

Latest posts