Afro-Asiatic Genetics & Anthropology YouTube Channel.

I have seen some Zeila Isaaqs score 3-4% South Asian on 23andMe. Some serious ancient long distance trading took place there.

I’m contemplating on taking a genetic test. I’m a coastal Somali (Isaak) and I suspect some foreign admixture in my family. I have relatives based in Zeila and some around Berbera.

screenshot_20200815-164350_uc-browser-jpg.137581

Somalis look mostly Proto-Nilote, just with softer hair and lighter skin. Proto-Nilotic genes clearly dominate, thankfully though because otherwise, we'd look like Shanshis etc.

I think imo our Somali looks are 50-50 would know.

Our ancient Awoowe (Xaam bin Nuux Bin adam)
all his offspring have a lot caracteristics together

A-High cheek bones (Somali hamati, morrocan hamatic, albanian hamatic)

B. Tallness

B. medium curly hair wavy hair.

C.medium Nose size (not like the semetic ones)

That why a lot North African look lighter version of Us Somalis.

Look at this morrocan Kid: he just looks like a light skin Somali.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Paternal wise, we are very much homogeneous:
E-Y18629-T-B181210.

Maternal wise, we are very diverse:
Lo. L1, L2, L3 and M1, N1 and others.

My mtDNA is L2a1.

I think imo our Somali looks are 50-50 would know.

Our ancient Awoowe (Xaam bin Nuux Bin adam)
all his offspring have a lot caracteristics together

A-High cheek bones (Somali hamati, morrocan hamatic, albanian hamatic)

B. Tallness

B. medium curly hair wavy hair.

C.medium Nose size (not like the semetic ones)

That why a lot North African look lighter version of Us Somalis.

Look at this morrocan Kid: he just looks like a light skin Somali.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
100% agree with you sxb on the Moroccan you posted having the classic Hamitic phenotype that's common amongst North Africans & to a lesser extent Horn Africans.

Small correction though, Albanians are not Hamitic. They're a European people.

Last edited:
100% agree with you sxb on the Moroccan you posted having the classic Hamitic phenotype that's common amongst North Africans & to a lesser extent Horn Africans.

Small correction though, Albanians are not Hamitic. They're a European people.
You are right North Africans are Hamitic but Horn Africans are Ethiopid.

Shem%2C_Ham_and_Japheth.jpg

Tissot_Noah%27s_Drunkenness.jpg

Just discovered this dude's YT Channel he's created quality & quite accurate content regarding the ancestry of North-East Africans and North Africans.

Check this out:
Yeah, that's where I got that flowchart from. It's weird, though, because he seems really anti-Cushitic in comment sections.

Are you Anthromadness by any chance, you have been ghost on your blog for the past two years?
He's still pretty active on Anthrogenica. I messaged him asking if he would consider a return to YouTube, and he said he was already considering one. He's really humble too, so don't hesitate to let him know you appreciate his work.

He comes off as an ass in this video. He dumbed down our history heavily, not everyone was a nomadic herdsman like he portrayed.
I spoke to him and he now plans to delete/unlist the video when he uploads some more. He did it out of anger because of some Somali wewuzzers claiming all sorts of sht.

Pretty much what I think as well.
Any idea on what the indigenous people of the Somali Peninsula looked like?

I'm very much an amateur, but I'd like to think that their input is what makes us so very distinct from the rest of the Horn, not factoring in our ~4000 years of general isolation. This would mean, though, that other populations got little to no input from said population, which, considering our migration South along the ocean, seems slightly plausible. What do you think? Again, I'm not very well versed in this field, so don't shrink from correcting me.

I spoke to him and he now plans to delete/unlist the video when he uploads some more. He did it out of anger because of some Somali wewuzzers claiming all sorts of sht.
They were not WeWuzzers, people are not stupid, they saw thr was he was doing, he never called the Semitics or the Indo-Europeans mixed even thoug they are made up of multiple recent mixes unlike Somalis, he and others hobbies were telling people things that were not true and people reacted severely, we'll see what he puts up now that they even say the back migration was from 70,000-40,000 years ago and it was from the ancestors of the West/East Eurasians.
We find evidence for substantial migration from the ancestors of present-day Eurasians into African groups between 40 and 70 thousand years ago, predating the divergence of Eastern and Western Eurasian lineages.

Trending