Affluent areas in Nairobi

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
brother @Sheikh Kulkuli I can’t see myself buying a mansion in Nairobi even if I had the resources.
You have no idea the amount of kidnappings, robbery and just general lawlessness in Kenya is tremendous.

Ofc Kenya offers the best infrastructure of all of sub Saharan Africa besides SA. You won’t miss out anything you’re use to in the West.
However, you can’t even talk on your phone in public. You got snatchers.
At night, there’s unwritten curfew because thieves are out and about.

Therefore, I do not care for the beautiful upscale neighborhoods in Nairobi.

Addis has better infrastructure now.

Nairobi has been stuck in the 80s since the 1980s but is trying to catch up. It’s too late tho, Addis has light rail and efficiency on its side.

Nairobi has been stuck in the 80s since the 1980s but is trying to catch up. It’s too late tho, Addis has light rail and efficiency on its side.

ethiopia, double the population, half the gdp of kenya. Trust me they don’t even come close. Addis is like light years ahead of all other Ethiopian cities where kenya has quite few nice cities.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
ethiopia, double the population, half the gdp of kenya. Trust me they don’t even come close. Addis is like light years ahead of all other Ethiopian cities where kenya has quite few nice cities.

Dude I ain’t talking about Ethiopia v Kenya, it’s about Nairobi v Addis and it’s very clear.

- Addis has a public transport system.

- Nairobi does not.

Addis has much better infrastructure than Nairobi, which has been stuck in a coma for decades. They haven’t bothered to start a public bus network until recently.

Dude I ain’t talking about Ethiopia v Kenya, it’s about Nairobi v Addis and it’s very clear.

- Addis has a public transport system.

- Nairobi does not.

Addis has much better infrastructure than Nairobi, which has been stuck in a coma for decades. They haven’t bothered to start a public bus network until recently.

Kenya having double the gdp will definitely have an impact on their respective capitals.

Not sure why you say Nairobi been in a coma, biggest infrastructure projects that have commenced/completed have been in the last couple years:
-Mombasa to Nairobi railway
-Nairobi express way (highway project)
-Konza city (just 60km from Nairobi)

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Kenya having double the gdp will definitely have an impact on their respective capitals.

Not sure why you say Nairobi been in a coma, biggest infrastructure projects have commenced/completed have been in the last couple years:
-Mombasa to Nairobi railway
-Kenya express way
-Konza city (just 60km from Nairobi)

Dude, Addis was worse than Xamar in the 1980s, even Ethiopians will admit this.

It was in the last decade that they’ve beaten Nairobi or even became a half-decent city.

The fact Kenya has a larger economy and a three decade head start proves my point about their comatose state. Three infrastructure projects in more than a decade is embarrassing for a growing economy.

Dude, Addis was worse than Xamar in the 1980s, even Ethiopians will admit this.

It was in the last decade that they’ve beaten Nairobi or even became a half-decent city.

The fact Kenya has a larger economy and a three decade head start proves my point about their comatose state. Three infrastructure projects in more than a decade is embarrassing for a growing economy.

I think part of the reason may be Ethiopia is putting all its eggs in one basket. I don’t see them developing other areas of the country. No other city in Ethiopia comes close to Addis, where as in Kenya Nairobi and Mombasa are comparable (although obviously Nairobi is better developed). Kenya has tier 1, tier 2 & tier 3 cities where Ethiopia has a single tier 1 city and the rest are tier 10 cities.

Addis heading in right direction though, saw this yesterday looks super nice

Removed

Gif-King
VIP

Even @xabashi wouldnt write that :icon lol:

1980 Moi era to now.
0356FC4A-4C60-4758-AF48-028B445392D5.jpeg

759F5204-CEC5-4060-A110-0EEBAC3DB2A8.jpeg

Even @xabashi wouldnt write that :icon lol:

1980 Moi era to now. View attachment 211265
View attachment 211266
Addis only infrustructure are the highways and metro build on loan which Ethiopia will default on because of the war.
This war in Ethiopia has cost it an arm and a leg.
The economy of Ethiopia has gone to tatters most of their backbone driving the economy has been destroyed in Tigray & Amhara region.Only Oromia sustains the economy of Ethiopia.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
There are no property rights in Kenya. I wouldnt trust their builds either; your house can collapse on you in a 5.0 earthquake or will become flooded after heavy rain.

No one wants to live in Africa. The only ones who live there are those who can't get out, the ruling class, and expats making a quick buck.

Nairobi does not rely on CBD there has been alot of sprawling high streets in Nairobi suburbs people dont need to trave to city centre for services as before.

There are no property rights in Kenya. I wouldnt trust their builds either; your house can collapse on you in a 5.0 earthquake or will become flooded after heavy rain.

No one wants to live in Africa. The only ones who live there are those who can't get out, the ruling class, and expats making a quick buck.
Because the only Africa you go to or have seen are gheetos.

The cadaan you worship live large in Kenya.

We are talking about infrastructure here not buildings.

It’s a very clear thing.

Addis has public transport and Nairobi does not.
Buildings is part of infrustructure.

Addis public transport is just like the great wall of China a white elephant project.

Secondly Ethiopia is in the second year of civil war and its gofing to take decades to go back to where it was.Most industries have been destroyed by the war

Dhagaxdheer

Adal State
Your out of your mind Runda is my main base and many Somalis live in Karen.

In Runda Ive see women from America jogging in tights and baseball caps. The only Somalis Ive met were diaspora who have their rent paid for by foreign gov/ngo/un jobs not even home owners

@Sheikh Kulkuli I have seen many Somali politicians buy up in Kenya but they usually go for places like Hurlingham or Kilileshwa. Never in my life have I seen a Somali in Kitisuru now that I think about it but I didnt even know about that place until Two Rivers entered construction what a beautiful neighborhood :banderas:
A lot of politicians buy houses in lavington

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
@Grigori Rasputin is 100% correct, u should listen to him, he is the vloger slash travel reporter lool

Kenya's security is lax. If u r not running from snatchers and robbers, u r running from the corrupt hungry police.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Cadaan oo ka fuleysan ba degaan.
Dont confuse Nairobi with xamar or Johannesburg.

Secondly most of kidnappings are inside job.
Nairobi is the best place to live for foreing expartriates in Africa.

What you fear also happens in minihopless.

Gri lives in Minihopless? Or his partner in crime the dhulbahante queen?

Trending