Af somali

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, were/are you trying to learn Somali or did you just come across this book series trying to learn Amharic?

The first time I came across the Somali one was when this white girl on Youtube mentioned it saying it helped her learn Somali lol. And it's apparently a good series for all the languages they offer, but I'm not too sure.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
The first time I came across the Somali one was when this white girl on Youtube mentioned it saying it helped her learn Somali lol. And it's apparently a good series for all the languages they offer, but I'm not too sure.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

:ayaanswag: The f*ck is she doing? I'm curious if she ever progressed passed basic greetings.

That's pretty cool. Is Amharic much different from Tigrinya?

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
The first time I came across the Somali one was when this white girl on Youtube mentioned it saying it helped her learn Somali lol
Of all the languages to put a concerted effort into learning :bell:
Somali is not a very practical language to know in this globalised world.
Better to learn a more widespread language like Arabic or Spanish.

:ayaanswag: The f*ck is she doing? I'm curious if she ever progressed passed basic greetings.

Passed basic greetings? She's fluent af (in my ears) might sound different to you:pachah1:
This girl:
(this vid below she mentions the book)

Of all the languages to put a concerted effort into learning :bell:
Somali is not a very practical language to know in this globalised world.
Better to learn a more widespread language like Arabic or Spanish.

:dead:
I guess some people like learning languages more out there. It's nice if they are doing it for enjoyment and interest only.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Passed basic greetings? She's fluent af (in my ears) might sound different to you:pachah1:
This girl:
(this vid below she mentions the book)
Wow :ooh:
Her Somali is excellent. She has a slight American accent when speaking Somali and is ever so slightly hesitant when speaking but her Somali is great.

And no I wouldn't say it's that different. Some Tigrinya sounds are not present in Amharic, but vocabulary wise they are quite similar. Sometimes you can understand a sentence out of nowhere in each vice versa, but not mutually intelligible.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
And no I wouldn't say it's that different. Some Tigrinya sounds are not present in Amharic, but vocabulary wise they are quite similar. Sometimes you can understand a sentence out of nowhere in each vice versa, but not mutually intelligible.
In terms of the way the languages sound which of the languages spoken in Ethiopia sound more similar to Somali?

I thought Afars lived in Djibouti only :cosbyhmm:
Well that makes sense, it being a Cushitic tongue. Not sure what kind of answer I was expecting :pachah1:

Oh no they're in Djibouti, Ethiopia and Eritrea

And lol yeah, I can't really compare what I speak because to me, my language doesn't sound like anything. Whenever people say its similar to whatever other language, I'm always like nononononononononooo lmao

Out of curiosity, were/are you trying to learn Somali or did you just come across this book series trying to learn Amharic?

It is like song "Mary got a little lamb who follows her everywhere " the Ethiopians are like lambs which follow us, dying to become our buddies. Kkkkk I feel that we are like the cool kids in school.

It is like song "Mary got a little lamb who follows her everywhere " the Ethiopians are like lambs which follow us, dying to become our buddies. Kkkkk I feel that we are like the cool kids in school.

In comes the wedi shermuta, get lost and stop derailing every thread.

IMG_6103.JPG
Did you not help me yesterday with a question I had? You either have an issue with Waraabe or you are being a hypocrite/trolling....

Sucking up to Somalis is hard business

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
f*ck off
Your shtick was funny at the beginning but now it's just sad
Ironic, because you seem to be the one following this guy around from thread to thread, parroting the same unfunny "Mary had a little lamb" shit endlessly. "Mary had a little lamb" kulaha
It's asinine. Stop :birdman:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts