According to U.N, Somaliland is far less populous than Puntland. Hargeisa is smaller than Bosaso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP

Bohol

VIP
Correct, After Mogadishu, Hargeisa is no doubt the second largest city in Somalia. It is not up for question at all.

1. Benadir region (most populated)

2. Waqooyi Galbeed region (second populated)

3. Lower Shabelle (third populated region)

that is how it is in Somalia.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Hargeisa district is 959k, out of that 223k are rural. That means 736k people in Hargeisa district are urban.

Subtract out urban folk in places like Baligubadle, Salaxley etc... and you will then find how many people live in Hargeisa proper.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Not to mention the fact that Isaaq is bigger than Darood in Somalia. Somaliland population alone is bigger than Puntland and Jubbaland combined. The source you have shown added whole Mudug, whole Sanaag and whole Sool so you're basically claiming Isaaq and Hawiye lands and their numbers. The truth is Puntland is 2.2 million since they only control Bari, Nugaal and half of Mudug. Somaliland is around 4 million or higher.

Here is 1960 estimation of Somali clans in Somalia.

C0jUZiSQTPujn8jpMRAoNw.png
If Isaaq was actually more populous than Darood, your people wouldn't be trying so hard to separate.
:drakelaugh:

Lancer

השבח לאל
It was suspended because of how ridiculous the assertion was. These quasi census reports are often subcontracted out to NGOs filled with s with their inherent tribal bias. They couldn't even at least try to make their lies believable.

Cumar

VIP
Hargeisa district is 959k, out of that 223k are rural. That means 736k people in Hargeisa district are urban.

Subtract out urban folk in places like Baligubadle, Salaxley etc... and you will then find how many people live in Hargeisa proper.

Exactly. I think you'll find that number will be no where near close to the paltry 400,000 the OP was suggesting.

Cumar

VIP
Tbh outside of dhulos it doesn't break down other groups population at all outside of the pic above:kanyeshrug:
Am guessing population is the reason you want to read it?

Yeah. Interested in learning more about northern subclans, especially western Somaliland.

You dhulbahante bro?

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
OP, here is a more recent source from the UNFPA on estimated population by district in Somalia. They even estimated Hargiesa as the second largest district in Somalia with a population just shy of 1 million.View attachment 41320
You mean to tell me that Burco has more poplution than Atlanta. Y'all disillusional as hell.:nahgirl:

Cumar

VIP
Am not northern dhulos but yes:manny:
What sub clan are you?
You want to know the grazing area of your people:sass1:
Or the abtiris:sass2:

I'm Jibril Abokor (HA) from Gabiley. Nah I know my abtirsi by heart. I am interested in mainly what the author said about my subclan as well as other related history of the region. I've been looking for a good book on the subject for quite sometime.

Cumar

VIP
Atlanta
atlanta-header.jpg

Hargesia:
people-walk-in-a-street-of-hargeisa-on-october-31-2012-afp-photo-picture-id157259713

When you chew khat kids, you'll think Hargesia is a bigger city than Atlanta. :mjlol:

The city of Atlanta and the Atlanta Metropolitan area are two entirely different concepts.

The former has less than 500,000 residents. The later is a metro area of over 5 million people.

I don't know why you are deliberately obfuscating the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending