Abiy to Ethiopian parliament: Somalia has agreed to join Ethiopia in the near future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
A union between Somalia and Ethiopia would be a disaster for Ethiopia. The current population of Somalis in the horn is about 25 million. Compare that to the second largest ethnic group in Ethiopia, the Amhara, who are at 30 million. It would also make Ethiopia into a clearly muslim country. An Ethiopia which has incorporated Somalia would no longer be Ethiopia.

Last edited:
Sxbyall these people are gaslighting. You really think we're going to allow our self give away the last bit of freedom we have? Ethiopia just was a weak goverment in xamar thats subservient to them and they have it. They also need a few mamul qableed that are also subservient to them. Somalia is also a resource colony for the UK and thats not gonna change.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
This is not exactly what he said. He was talking about economic integration. That is not the same as Somalia becoming part of Ethiopia. You have clearly missed the context.

This is not exactly what he said. He was talking about economic integration. That is not the same as Somalia becoming part of Ethiopia. You have clearly missed the context.

I don’t want Ethiopians monkeys to walk in my neighborhood, they can sell their goods but they can’t cross the land.

Exactly! He never said that.
And for those who think Ethiopia wants to unite with Somalia, I say: are you freaking crazy? :) We are a society that is tolerant and where public life and politics is secular. We are also a society that literally worships education and is eager to develop at all costs even if that means abandoning old cultural or religious values. The Somali society on the other hand seem to be very religious and religion seem to control public life. We are not on the same page guys :) and any unity will surely end up in a disaster. God bless Ethiopia and Somalia!

Last edited:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Exactly! He never said that.
And for those who think Ethiopia wants to unite with Somalia, I say: are you freaking crazy? :) We are a society that is tolerant and where public life and politics is secular. We are also a society that literally worships education and is eager to develop at all costs even if that means abandoning old cultural or religious values. The Somali society on the other hand seem to be very religious and religion seem to control public life. We are not on the same page guys :) and any unity will surely end up in a disaster. God bless Ethiopia and Somalia!

Somalis also value education dearly. They had the highest literacy rate in Africa until the collapse of central government during 1991. You don't know what the hell you're talking about!

I mean Habesha people are unorthodox Christians by the way and they're extremely religious from what I have seen and heard.

Somalis also value education dearly. They had the highest literacy rate in Africa until the collapse of central government during 1991. You don't know what the hell you're talking about!

I mean Habesha people are unorthodox Christians by the way and they're extremely religious from what I have seen and heard.

The pre 1991 Somalia was progressive, tolerant and secular. But the current Somalia is boy at least for us scary. When I see all women wearing the same "ugly uniform" my God that is a no go for us. It is scary even for visiting. Ethiopians are religious but they don't allow religion to control the public space and that is the case for both Christians and muslims. There is an old saying in Amharic that is known by almost all Ethiopians. It says "Religion is private matter but country is for us all". This is the unwritten law every Ethiopian seem to follow at least for the most part.

Don't be weaklings, my people, Ethiopia cannot handle a few million Somalis let alone 15 million of them.

The habash although supported by the western cancer cannot survive on their own. They will crush under the pressure and there will be a genocide of habash. Simple common sense besides it's impossible in this day and age.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
The pre 1991 Somalia was progressive, tolerant and secular. But the current Somalia is boy at least for us scary. When I see all women wearing the same "ugly uniform" my God that is a no go for us. It is scary even for visiting. Ethiopians are religious but they don't allow religion to control the public space and that is the case for both Christians and muslims. There is an old saying in Amharic that is known by almost all Ethiopians. It says "Religion is private matter but country is for us all". This is the unwritten law every Ethiopian seem to follow at least for the most part.

Again you're lying, you're only talking about Wahabis. Average Somali women just wear a beautiful traditional Hijab just like other normal Muslims, not Niqab. Somalis are conservative people which I do admit but that makes them much smarter and tolerant. The video you showed was a terrible westernized society that is bound to collapse. We don't drink alcohol or have a place where people get drunk, women can get naked and get fucked. That isn't progressive or tolerant.
:mjlol:

Again you're lying, you're only talking about Wahabis. Average Somali women just wear a beautiful traditional Hijab just like other normal Muslims, not Niqab. Somalis are conservative people which I do admit but that makes them much smarter and tolerant. The video you showed was a terrible westernized society that is bound to collapse. We don't drink alcohol or have a place where people get drunk, women can get naked and get fucked. That isn't progressive or tolerant.
:mjlol:

Ok I am not lying but that is what I saw on videos. That is not lying. But if you mean that average Somalis don't wear like that then I stand corrected. Still it has nothing to do with lying.
The so called "terrible westernised culture" is exactly where we also differ. You call it terrible and condemn it but most of us embrace it. I am not saying we are right but this is our society that is eager to be westernised and modernised at all costs. I am just stating the average attitude behind it. For you guys it may look like a disaster and you may try to resist it but for us it is just part of a modern life and instead of resisting it we just embrace it.

Ethiopian Beer Ad

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
A union between Somalia and Ethiopia would be a disaster for Ethiopia. The current population of Somalis in the horn is about 25 million. Compare that to the second largest ethnic group in Ethiopia, the Amhara, who are at 30 million. It would also make Ethiopia into a clearly muslim country. An Ethiopia which has incorporated Somalia would no longer be Ethiopia.
And what has population done for Oromo this Abiy guy is just another Habasha agent so don’t say they’ve taken power now population means f*ck all

Somalia has agreed to be a part of Ethiopia in the near future and has agreed to immediate economic integration. Citizens can use their languages and cultures to live together. We need a grand idea. The border commission’s decision has been passed by the parliament and Meles.

Df-Wmg_WsAYFmus.jpg

“Our logistics company, from the world's 160 nations - Ethiopia’s is 126th. Uganda 58th, Rwanda is also port-less, and has one extra country between it and the sea but is 62nd. But us, we are 400 times more expensive when we export goods in comparison to Vietnam.” PM Abiy said.

^^He wants to use Somali ports to bring down the costs of exporting which is in line with their strategy to become an industrialized manufacturing middle income country by 2025.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending