Abdi wants to call it quits after his soon to be wife (Niqabi) unveiled her face

Niqab isnt Islamic culture, Hijab is but not Niqab

Who made up this idea you cant see future wife face lol, pathetic Arab bedouin delusions
You dont know anything about Islam clearly
U got ppl i this forum who dont believe their is a hijab in Islam either
are u one of them?

You dont know anything about Islam clearly
U got ppl i this forum who dont believe their is a hijab in Islam either
are u one of them?
Give me proof that Niqab is Islamic culture, Hijab is mentioned in Quran but Niqab is Arab bedouin attire

Give me proof that Niqab is Islamic culture, Hijab is mentioned in Quran but Niqab is Arab bedouin attire
I would provide evidence but u wouldn't even accept it u would just argue for 10 hours, instead im going to get someone who doesn't even believe there is hijab in Islam to debate you
@Fowzi Kaahin
This man thinks hijab is prescribed in the Quran. Since you donot believe this please refute him

World

VIP
Not showing your face until the nikkah or wedding day isn’t Islam, it’s gulf arab culture. I don’t know why a Somali girl is following their cultural practices.

Would have been easier if he didn't talk to her father and family before he saw her face. He is not morally wrong to desire certain looks in a woman whom he wants to spend a life with. But he lacks common sense and objectivity about life due to his age. It is tough spot to be in and he seems sincere. Perhaps for the sake of God, he could ignore her facial undesirability and see what better things he will get out of marrying her. He needs stronger faith and objectivity. He may also end up regretting if he ends up with a good looking woman who fits his desire for her other failures in important qualities.

I am imposing my views on the guy naturally in my comments but I am one of those people who doesn't care ugliness of a woman if she has personality, good body and is open to life of pleasure and happiness. There is more to a woman than her facial features. Her face is only a part of her whole being and not the sole issue that can define what she can contribute to a man's life.

I guess we are human to judge and be biased against others just as others are judgmental of us and biased against us. Human nature at its worst.

Not showing your face until the nikkah or wedding day isn’t Islam, it’s gulf arab culture. I don’t know why a Somali girl is following their cultural practices.

Unfortunately, that is what happens when you fall into the rabbit hole of Middle eastern culture sold as Islamic culture. A somali is always better sticking to a somali culture. Now a father will be embarrassed, a girl may have to deal with her image being judged as undesirable. The tragedy of this situation is immense.

The mother of the believers wore Niqab. Have a bit of respect.

Islamically, you can see her face.

Angelina, There is difference between Hijab and Facial cover. The two are not the same. Niqab is not obligatory while Hijab is. Also, the wives of the prophet were required to cover their faces but there is no such requirement for Muslim women.

The prophet never told Muslim women to cover their faces and he left nothing required of muslims unmentioned. Let us get some islamic facts straight.

Angelina, There is difference between Hijab and Facial cover. The two are not the same. Niqab is not obligatory while Hijab is. Also, the wives of the prophet were required to cover their faces but there is no such requirement for Muslim women.

The prophet never told Muslim women to cover their faces and he left nothing required of muslims unmentioned. Let us get some islamic facts straight.
Just because face covering isn't wajib does not mean it isn't part of Islam. We should have nothing but respect for niqabis instead of talking like Islamophobs and looking down on it.

Even in the Gulf, they usually see the girls face the first time they meet with her with her mahram. Some are even of the opinion that they should be able to see her hair. A minority of scholars have that view in the Gulf, although that doesn't make sense to me in the slightest.

Just because face covering isn't wajib does not mean it isn't part of Islam. We should have nothing but respect for niqabis instead of talking like Islamophobs and looking down on it.

Of course. It is freedom of choice and if a woman wants to wear it, it is her choice. That doesn't mean it is necessary or required. Somalis also do not have Niqab as a culture although in the past, somali women would cover part of their face, the mouth and nose with their Garbasaar when talking to strangers they didn't know out of modesty.

In any case, it is not Somali culture.

Of course. It is freedom of choice and if a woman wants to wear it, it is her choice. That doesn't mean it is necessary or required. Somalis also do not have Niqab as a culture although in the past, somali women would cover part of their face, the mouth and nose with their Garbasaar when talking to strangers they didn't know out of modesty.

In any case, it is not Somali culture.
Culturally a significant amount of Somali women during our grandmother and great grandmothers gen didn't even wear hijab 50 years ago. So, using the whole culture card is silly. We're talking about the deen. A lot of Somali women in the West and back home wear nijab and MashaAllah good for them.

Culturally a significant amount of Somali women during our grandmother and great grandmothers gen didn't even wear hijab 50 years ago. So, using the whole culture card is silly. We're talking about the deen. A lot of Somali women in the West and back home wear nijab and MashaAllah good for them.

For some women Niqab makes them more attractive. When they have big eyes with long eyelashes, men get curious and keep on looking, so it defeated the purpose of warding off the gazes at that point anyway LOL.

And it is not fair when they look at you constantly through their Niqab anyway, I call them out and tell them to stop looking at me silly.

All scholars agree that niqqab is either waajib or mustahaab(preferred)
Meaning there is no scenerio in which a women wears niqab and it isnt better for her Islamically
In fact all women should try to imitate the wives of the prophet sallallahu alayhi wasalam
There is no opinion which says niqqab is mubaah(permissible)

Somalis never wore niqabs during their over 1000 years Islamic history, but Wahhabism and bedouin culture been imported to us, niqabs were worned pre Islamic even by Abu Jahl wife lol

Brainwashed arab coons here

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
It's easy. Call it off and say you're too young to get married. It's not that difficult.

I've told Abdis this line for the past 10 years.

Don't waste the poor girl's time with a loveless marriage. And she may not be unattractive but not your cup of tea so keep it moving.

Trending

Latest posts