is the hate towards somalis overplayed by somalis

• yes, somalis are sensitive fucks

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • no, we really have a lot of haters

Votes: 23 92.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
at 5:10 she says that she thinks it's somali culture for the somali women to bash their men on social media 24/7s so she thinks it's not a big deal when it comes from somali girls :siilaanyolaugh:

Last edited:

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.
It seems to be a UK only thing. Black people and Canada and the U.S dont do that. It has to do with the fact Somalis just look distinct in terms of face and hair. We stick out. But there is some issues in the U.K it seems. Maybe because Somalis associate with each other more. No idea. UK Somalis might be able to break it down more.

Also those girls aren't AA. In Toronto they are either Africans or Caribbean

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
On side note, on average Somali youth have higher self-confidence than other madow groups. This is due to conditioning that takes place at home.

This isn't anecdotal but something I've observed and read about. I can't speak for reer UK but I'll assume it's a similar phenomenon.

It seems to be a UK only thing. Black people and Canada and the U.S dont do that. It has to do with the fact Somalis just look distinct in terms of face and hair. We stick out. But there is some issues in the U.K it seems. Maybe because somalis associate with each other more. No idea. UK Somalis might be able to break it down more.
it's because we have a visible presence in uk london it's a small country and we are heavily concentrated into few cities like london and Birmingham :mugshotman:

Somalis in america can blend in with AA and look like funny looking black Americans with a some native american in them:fittytousand:, most(like over 90%) black americans have never meet any somalis whereas in the uk every single black person knows about somalis, they grew up seeing and socializing with somalis in school so naturally they would have more to say about somalis :gaasdrink:

Last edited:
it's because we have a visible presence in uk london it's a small country and we are heavily concentrated into few cities like london and Birmingham :mugshotman:

Somalis in america can blend in with AA and look like black Americans with a some native american in them:fittytousand:, most black americans have never meet any somalis whereas in the uk every single black person knows about somalis, they grew up seeing and socializing with somalis in school so naturally they would have more to say about somalis :gaasdrink:
Lol no. Most African Americans still look very West African. Even in places where nobody knows what a Somali is, everyone asks me my background/where I’m from. People can tell that I’m not straight up black all the time. I don’t know about you, but most of us don’t look like Madows.
:siilaanyolaugh:

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Lol no. Most African Americans still look very West African. Even in places where nobody knows what a Somali is, people ask me my background/where I’m from. People can tell that I’m not straight up black all the time. I don’t know about you, but most of us don’t look like Madows.

:mjlol:
West Africans are cool, but Jamaicans seem to be unbearable

Lol no. Most African Americans still look very West African. Even in places where nobody knows what a Somali is, everyone asks me my background/where I’m from. People can tell that I’m not straight up black all the time. I don’t know about you, but most of us don’t look like Madows.
it's probably because of your scarf.
hijab +funny looking black = defo not AA.
funny looking black + religion unknown = might be an exotic AA mixed some native.

Exactly. Everywhere somalis go they are asked what are you mixed with.

do somalis live in the blacks hoods??

where do you meet black people

in the movies they make it seem as though all black Americans are locked up in a hood and only handful of rappers, fashionistas, models, athletes , high iq blacks get to interact with white people the rest only come out of the hood once in a while for basketball games :russ: or Superbowl

it's probably because of your scarf.
hijab +funny looking black = defo not AA.
funny looking black + religion unknown = might be an exotic AA mixed some native.
I don’t really wear the hijab. People see my soft hair and features and assume I’m mixed. They like to guess my cultural background all the time. People have asked me if I’m Afro-Latina, half Mexican, Ethiopian, and some have even guessed Somali right. Most people just ask me where I’m from though, they don’t assume I’m pure African American.

I don’t really wear the hijab. People see my soft hair and features and assume I’m mixed. They like to guess my cultural background all the time. People have asked me if I’m Afro-Latina, half Mexican, Ethiopian, and some have even guessed Somali right. Most people just ask me where I’m from though, they don’t assume I’m pure African American.
which proves my point that black americans don't know what is somali to begin with. somali is alien to them thus you would never seen them bashing somali cuz you can't bash what you don't know and never met.
who knows what they would be saying once they discover somalis as a collective

black afro Caribbeans in the uk on the other hand see somalis everywhere they go, from there places of work to the streets when commuting to you name it they see us all day everyday

do somalis live in the blacks hoods??

where do you meet black people

in the movies they make it seem as though all black Americans are locked up in a hood and only handful of rappers, fashionistas, models, athletes , high iq blacks get to interact with white people the rest only come out of the hood once in a while for basketball games :russ: or Superbowl
There are about 40 million African Americans around the country. You can pretty much find them all over. The vast majority of them live in the South though.

They come in all different socio-economic backgrounds. Some are rich af while others are poor and stuck in the hood. They’re pretty much like everybody else I guess.

There are about 40 million African Americans around the country. You can pretty much find them all over. The vast majority of them live in the South though.

They come in all different socio-economic backgrounds. Some are rich af while others are poor and stuck in the hood. They’re pretty much like everybody else I guess.
thanks for the insight.
how many of them do you reckon interact with somalis?? give an estimate percentage
though i have never been to america i would guess less than 5% of them
the places somalis live in america don't have many black right?? i have seen many funny memes from black americans that go like"how are our only two blacks minnesota doing??" and "prince our only black in minnesota has passed away" lol

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Exactly. Everywhere somalis go they are asked what are you mixed with.
Everywhere I go people think I am Jamaican or AA by appearance intell they hear my voice. Thry automatically guees East African . They say I have a "African accent". Don't know why I have a accent tho I was born and raised in Canada.:what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending