A proud Somali Christian Bismillah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 1991, the cathedral was no longer regularly used. In late 2008, much of the Catholic cathedral was destroyed.

the guy who wrote that statement can’t remember what the hell he’s saying

“I cannot remember if the sheikhs were present at the Christian funeral, but they were certainly there at the gravesite, both of which I attended. After the priest (was it the bishop?)”

“Michael’s brother, owner of Mariano’s Bar down by the sea at the end of the street leading to the post office, (darn, can’t remember his name)”

Yes. Because this so much much more reliable.

Theres nothing to “believe”. It’s a well known fact that he died as a Muslim. Why are you arguing over this? That’s the most dumbest thing. He was Muslim, his family confirmed it, Xamar knows it. Go ask your Grandfather if he was Muslim. Otherwise shiib-deh
Lmao I’m not even going to argue with someone who’s using “he said she said” as proof. obviously you’re copying what I’ve said millions of times. I already said that the church wasn’t visited regularly after 1991 and it was abandoned in the mid 2000s.

compared to the amount of sources I’ve had, you’re using “He said she said” as proof which is laughable and unbelievable while you’re waiting for me to actually give you sources. If Xamar said that the sky would have been green would you believe in that nonsense too? Pathetic

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
Lmao I’m not even going to argue with someone who’s using “he said she said” as proof. obviously you’re copying what I’ve said millions of times. I already said that the church wasn’t visited regularly after 1991 and it was abandoned in the mid 2000s.

compared to the amount of sources I’ve had, you’re using “He said she said” as proof which is laughable and unbelievable while you’re waiting for me to actually give you sources. If Xamar said that the sky would have been green would you believe in that nonsense too? Pathetic
Haye huuno ask your awowe the truth. Everyone and their momma knows he died a Muslim and his biography says so as well. A SYL member was buried by gaals? Alright, thank you for making my morning. fseee

But do your thang
giphy.gif

Haye huuno ask your awowe the truth. Everyone and their momma knows he died a Muslim and his biography says so as well. But do your thang
giphy.gif
You do realise that the only biography that says so is Wikipedia right? A site that can be edited in favour for your own interest.

I don’t need to believe in a he said she said story sweetheart. Why won’t you actually back it up with an actual source as you were claiming the whole time

Villainess

You do realise that the only biography that says so is Wikipedia right? A site that can be edited in favour for your own interest.

I don’t need to believe in a he said she said story sweetheart. Why won’t you actually back it up with an actual source as you were claiming the whole time
No babes. It’s a reliable source. Much more reliable than “Im bad at faces“ “a bishop I think?” “I can’t remember” “a bar?” “Darn it”

1. British Broadcasting Corporation. Monitoring Service (1970). Summary of World Broadcasts: Non-Arab Africa, Issues 3420-3497. University of California.

Villainess

Why was he named Michael Mariano, was he half something else?
His hooyo was an Italian. She raised him in churches growing up. But when he took up government issues back in Somalia he realized that he needed to get closer to his homeland. Guess he took part in the culture which led to him accepting Islam. AUN

No babes. It’s a reliable source. Much more reliable than “Im bad at faces“ “a bishop I think?” “I can’t remember” “a bar?”

1. British Broadcasting Corporation. Monitoring Service (1970). Summary of World Broadcasts: Non-Arab Africa, Issues 3420-3497. University of California.
Compared to the only source you have alongside Wikipedia which even I can change to the sources I have:

h_50057430-e1525262219187.jpg

Michael Mariano was buried from the Cathedral; but when the priest was done, the sheikhs took over.

Letter from John Johnson:

"Yes, the cathedral is where Michael Mariano’s funeral was held. I cannot remember if the sheikhs were present at the Christian funeral, but they were certainly there at the gravesite, both of which I attended. After the priest (was it the bishop?) finished the brief gravesite service, then the sheikhs took over, and it was Somalis that buried Michael, after which they characteristically covered his grave with branches and twigs. It was reported in the paper the next day that the sheikhs were asked how they could have recited Moslem blessings at a christian’s funeral, and one of them replied: ‘Michael did not abandon us in life, and we did not abandon him in death.”

The grave is in digfer cemetery, and just after the service, Michael’s brother, owner of Mariano’s Bar down by the sea at the end of the street leading to the post office, (darn, can’t remember his name), Michael’s brother took me over to see the grave of my Somali mentor Muusa Galaal, who was also given a state funeral. I was not present to see that one. For readers who do not know who Michael Mariano was, he was one of the founders of the Somali Youth League, which worked for, and ultimately secured, the independence of the British Somaliland Protectorate, which joined the Somali Republic 4 days later.

Michael was a friend of mine, and contacted me once about doing graduate school work at Indiana University. Unfortunately, he ended up not coming to Bloomington. RIP Michael."

Letter from Abby Thomas/Aamina Nuur:

"Yes, RIP Michael. I can't remember who owned the bar, but Anthony, a sociologist, was one brother. In 1986 I was at a dinner at Michael's daughter Norine Mariano's house, Anthony was there, and I asked him if Michael was depressed about the state of the country. (Michaael was at that time farmed out by Siyaad as ambassador to Zambia.) Anthony said yes, and confirmed my guess the assignment was "farming out" a difficult person even a dictator would have trouble tamping down, given Michael's national stature. The reason I asked Anthony was that I had met Michael by accident at the Curuuba Hotel earlier in the 80s--knew his family from the 60s. Bad at faces. I was breakfasting with a European fellow, and this older man comes up to me and says, "Aren't you Aamina Nuur?" I looked up, didn't recognise him, and my recollection is I had the utter effrontery to say "Yes, who are you?" He responded, I'm Michael Mariano. I jumped up, spilled apology all over myself, felt horrible. The next day, we breakfasted together and talked about a lot of stuff, including his concerns for Norine's happiness. Along with everything else, he was a gentleman to an unladylike lady. Call it humility, and ability to forgive.
Adding to John's explanation, here is my understanding: two orphans were taken into a Catholic orphanage during colonial days, baptised Michael and Anthony Mariano, grew up Catholic, and founded an important family that has been influential in Somalia while remaining Catholic. So I guess the bar owner was Anthony? As John says, Michael was a founder of SYL. He was the first SYL elected member of the pre-independence "legislative council" the Brits allowed and went on from there to become a highly respected national figure. Daughters Norine and Katherine worked for UN agencies all their lives. It has been rather the Somali equivalent of a dynasty, really."

Funny that you’re comparing your sources (Wikipedia and he said she said) the source si have :)

Villainess

Compared to the only source you have alongside Wikipedia which even I can change to the sources I have:

h_50057430-e1525262219187.jpg

Michael Mariano was buried from the Cathedral; but when the priest was done, the sheikhs took over.

Letter from John Johnson:

"Yes, the cathedral is where Michael Mariano’s funeral was held. I cannot remember if the sheikhs were present at the Christian funeral, but they were certainly there at the gravesite, both of which I attended. After the priest (was it the bishop?) finished the brief gravesite service, then the sheikhs took over, and it was Somalis that buried Michael, after which they characteristically covered his grave with branches and twigs. It was reported in the paper the next day that the sheikhs were asked how they could have recited Moslem blessings at a christian’s funeral, and one of them replied: ‘Michael did not abandon us in life, and we did not abandon him in death.”

The grave is in digfer cemetery, and just after the service, Michael’s brother, owner of Mariano’s Bar down by the sea at the end of the street leading to the post office, (darn, can’t remember his name), Michael’s brother took me over to see the grave of my Somali mentor Muusa Galaal, who was also given a state funeral. I was not present to see that one. For readers who do not know who Michael Mariano was, he was one of the founders of the Somali Youth League, which worked for, and ultimately secured, the independence of the British Somaliland Protectorate, which joined the Somali Republic 4 days later.

Michael was a friend of mine, and contacted me once about doing graduate school work at Indiana University. Unfortunately, he ended up not coming to Bloomington. RIP Michael."

Letter from Abby Thomas/Aamina Nuur:

"Yes, RIP Michael. I can't remember who owned the bar, but Anthony, a sociologist, was one brother. In 1986 I was at a dinner at Michael's daughter Norine Mariano's house, Anthony was there, and I asked him if Michael was depressed about the state of the country. (Michaael was at that time farmed out by Siyaad as ambassador to Zambia.) Anthony said yes, and confirmed my guess the assignment was "farming out" a difficult person even a dictator would have trouble tamping down, given Michael's national stature. The reason I asked Anthony was that I had met Michael by accident at the Curuuba Hotel earlier in the 80s--knew his family from the 60s. Bad at faces. I was breakfasting with a European fellow, and this older man comes up to me and says, "Aren't you Aamina Nuur?" I looked up, didn't recognise him, and my recollection is I had the utter effrontery to say "Yes, who are you?" He responded, I'm Michael Mariano. I jumped up, spilled apology all over myself, felt horrible. The next day, we breakfasted together and talked about a lot of stuff, including his concerns for Norine's happiness. Along with everything else, he was a gentleman to an unladylike lady. Call it humility, and ability to forgive.
Adding to John's explanation, here is my understanding: two orphans were taken into a Catholic orphanage during colonial days, baptised Michael and Anthony Mariano, grew up Catholic, and founded an important family that has been influential in Somalia while remaining Catholic. So I guess the bar owner was Anthony? As John says, Michael was a founder of SYL. He was the first SYL elected member of the pre-independence "legislative council" the Brits allowed and went on from there to become a highly respected national figure. Daughters Norine and Katherine worked for UN agencies all their lives. It has been rather the Somali equivalent of a dynasty, really."

Funny that you’re comparing your sources (Wikipedia and he said she said) the source si have :)
You keep bringing the same two links. We discussed this already. Bring up something other than the “I can’t remember” and the same subreddit that deletes anyone who debunks them. Everyone knows he died a Muslim. This is facts! There is nothing to argue about. Bisinka

Better yet, here is his grandson. Feel free to email him and ask him the truth. Im leaving this here. Buh-bye

His hooyo was an Italian. She raised him in churches growing up. But when he took up government issues back in Somalia he realized that he needed to get closer to his homeland. Guess he took part in the culture which led to him accepting Islam. AUN
i don't think his mother was Italian, Mariano lost his father at an early age. His mother moved to Aden and Mariano was raised by a Catholic mission in the Aden Colony.

You keep bringing the same two links. We discussed this already. Bring up something other than the “I can’t remember” and the same subreddit that deletes anyone who debunks them. Everyone knows he died a Muslim. This is facts! There is nothing to argue about. Bisinka

Better yet, here is his grandson. Feel free to email him and ask him the truth. Im leaving this here. Buh-bye
I’ve actually had 4 links in total including these 2 too:

you should just admit that you’re not even reading my sources and are ignoring them

loool his mother was an Italian-somaliland citizen. Miskeen wallahi
You’re spreading mis information. First you’ve claimed that his mother was Italian and now it’s Italian Somaliland? His mother was a full Italian person. Recheck what you’re saying

Villainess

I’ve actually had 4 links in total including these 2 too:

you should just admit that you’re not even reading my sources and are ignoring them
Right.. because one of the sites requires you to pay. No, both do.
66969870-2532-48BA-A422-AC5CC1574B92.jpeg

You’re spreading mis information. First you’ve claimed that his mother was Italian and now it’s Italian Somaliland? His mother was a full Italian person. Recheck what you’re saying
His mom was not a white woman. Recheck what you’re saying habibti
giphy.gif

Right.. because one of the sites requires you to pay. No, both do.
View attachment 168421

His mom was not a white woman. Recheck what you’re saying habibti
giphy.gif
“His hooyo was an Italian. She raised him in churches growing up. But when he took up government issues back in Somalia he realized that he needed to get closer to his homeland. Guess he took part in the culture which led to him accepting Islam. AUN”

this you?

Villainess

“His hooyo was an Italian. She raised him in churches growing up. But when he took up government issues back in Somalia he realized that he needed to get closer to his homeland. Guess he took part in the culture which led to him accepting Islam. AUN”

this you?
Because she was an Italian citizen. Nowhere did I say she was white. You just said “she was a full Italian person”. She’s Italian by law. He was baptized as a child. His father wasn’t there. What are you even smoking?

Give it up.
  • His own wife confirmed that she along with her 8 kids accepted Islam.
  • his own grandson debunked all rumors about him
  • Micheal had a state funeral in which the inhabitants of the city are Muslim.
But I suppose I should believe the source that says “i cant remember”. Why do you want him to be a non-Muslim so badly? He was Muslim. Cry about it.
giphy.gif

Because she was an Italian citizen. Nowhere did I say she was white. You just said “she was a full Italian person”. She’s Italian by law. He was baptized as a child. His father wasn’t there. What are you even smoking? Btw just because a whole city majority follows one religion then a person doesn’t mean nothing.

Give it up.
  • His own wife confirmed that she along with her 8 kids accepted Islam.
  • his own grandson debunked all rumors about him
  • Micheal had a state funeral in which the inhabitants of the city are Muslim.
But I suppose I should believe the source that says “i cant remember”. Why do you want him to be a non-Muslim so badly? He was Muslim. Cry about it.
giphy.gif
Where’s your proof lmao is it a he said she said source again? because you let a user here and me think she’s actually Italian. You could have said that she was a Somali person but has Italian residency/nationality but you just outright said she was Italian. You’re a whole ass joke sister :) but provide for me the source

Villainess

Where’s your proof lmao is it a he said she said source again? because you let a user here and me think she’s actually Italian. You could have said that she was a Somali person but has Italian residency/nationality but you just outright said she was Italian. You’re a whole ass joke sister :) but provide for me the source
His wife said it herself. His grandson said it. His hooyo is not considered Somali to me because she took up Christianity. So I refer to her as an Italian. He became Muslim in his later life and died a Muslim. Next!
E21450F2-906D-4F84-992D-189664656629.jpeg

2CA37052-E42A-423D-A4E1-6DE57B94FE47.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending