A political system that could fix Somalia

Federalism in Somalia has not worked out at all for the greater good of the nation in the way it's been used. Corrupt political figures have hindered the growth of Somalia for too long. Somalia has not profited from the largest coast-line in Africa or 1/3 of the world's uranium supply.
The first step to take would be establishing multiple political parties in each FMS following Austrian and classical economic schools of thought; the first step these political parties would have to take multiple high profile members of different tribes for example MX and HG in Galmudug MX and OG in Jubaland.
This knocks two birds with one stone it would give a sense of direction for what each state is planning to do and would provide a small step in the way to get qabil out of Somali politics because if your qabil is split in its political position with MPs in opposing parties you most likely will make an assessment based on what you think is best for Somalia and you. Furthermore, Federalism could work in Somalia but not in its current form.
Let's discuss and pls keep the qabalyad bullshit away from this thread

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Federalism was never applied in Somalia correctly and infact if done right is the only way Somalia would succeed, Federalism and 1M1V and free political parties is how most developed countries work, only minority clans without land and popultion wants centralism which benefits them,No federalism=No Somalia.. :trumpsmirk:

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Federalism cant go away because centralism is pure cancer.

“Wadanis” wouldn’t admit that but if you said lets make the capital Bosasso or Hargeisa im sure they would take issue.

Your best bet as an anti federalist is that federalism is broken down to the district level and that states get diluted. The big 5 states will never be something Mx or Dhulbahante could benefit off of you are too small to have a state but too big to enjoy being a vp somewhere.

Adaawe

Xoog iyo Xiniyo #NGM enforcer

“Wadanis” wouldn’t admit that but if you said lets make the capital Bosasso or Hargeisa im sure they would take issue.

Your best bet as an anti federalist is that federalism is broken down to the district level and that states get diluted. The big 5 states will never be something Mx or Dhulbahante could benefit off of you are too small to have a state but too big to enjoy being a vp somewhere.

Without MX. There's no Jubbaland sxb. Jubbaland is the weakest state at the moment even KG is more relevant politically right now

:manny:

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Without MX. There's no Jubbaland sxb. Jubbaland is the weakest state at the moment even KG is more relevant politically right now

:manny:
and yet KG and GM were both toppled and JL stood tall. Mx can go anytime they want the two jubas are whats valuable Gedo has no coast and no port its only benefit is a river and I have that too :axvmm9o:

Adaawe

and yet KG and GM were both toppled and JL stood tall. Mx can go anytime they want the two jubas are whats valuable Gedo has no coast and no port its only benefit is a river and I have that too :axvmm9o:

Due to Kenya political support and military presence. You don't have Middle Jubba or Gedo. You didn't even fully secure Lower Jubba. You're the definition of a paper state.
:chrisfreshhah: :drakelaugh:

Federalism is our best bet. 9 years ago only PL existed. Now we have 5 states. Obviously states have too much power currently due to alshabab and the 4.5 system but that’s bound to change sooner or later.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Due to Kenya politically support. You don't have Middle Jubba or Gedo. You didn't even fully secure Lower Jubba. You're the definition of a paper state.
:chrisfreshhah: :drakelaugh:
Kenya support? Didn’t you bring thousands of Ethiopians? You also airlifted the SNA to help you, give up man it’s starting to look bad.

I have lower juba and I will take on AS as soon as I am done with my current more pressing Cadow. Looks like im done with him anyways Farmajo is out, time for my next Sayid to come in and take back the rest.
E3B2918F-6755-41D1-83F7-D5EDC4F8D6E4.jpeg

The issue is federalism isn't applied correctly in Somalia at all each individual state should be able to develop its lands and act semi-autonomous from the central government; my issue with federalism in Somalia is corruption and foreign involvement and the lack of political structure the environment at hand makes it hard for federalism to work well I think people misunderstood what I said federalism isn't working for the greater good of Somalia, not for every individual FMS. I attempted to give a political structure that could stimulate a environment for federalism to work :bell:

Federalism was never applied in Somalia correctly and infact if done right is the only way Somalia would succeed, Federalism and 1M1V and free political parties is how most developed countries work, only minority clans without land and popultion wants centralism which benefits them,No federalism=No Somalia.. :trumpsmirk:
That was my point

Mozart

You need people like me
Realistically , with or without federalism, Somalia as a project is finished. There is no way an inclusive army for all tribes can be built. It’s likely there will be conflict over resource sharing whenever they’re exploited. People will still be voting based off tribe alone. Honestly, we’re just delaying the inevitable.

Realistically , with or without federalism, Somalia as a project is finished. There is no way an inclusive army for all tribes can be built. It’s likely there will be conflict over resource sharing whenever they’re exploited. People will still be voting based off tribe alone. Honestly, we’re just delaying the inevitable.
The establishment of joint tribal parties could lead to a move away from qabalyad :cosbyhmm:

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Monarchy is the only system that can put and end to this. Let one man and his family rule the nation for centuries. The warring tribal chieftains would then be reduced to mere old figureheads. People would focus on economics and their future instead of gossiping about politics. We will stand united under one strong crown for all eternity.

Mozart

You need people like me
The establishment of joint tribal parties could lead to a move away from qabalyad :cosbyhmm:

You would still be electing based off tribe and not merit . If you pluck the best individuals from each tribe , what’s to say they wouldn’t prefer having their own party ?

The dilemma Somalia finds itself in is a unique one and I doubt a solution exists.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP

Dhulbahante is perfectly big enough to have a state tf you on :heh:

Don’t forget there’s a Benadir state. That sets the bar pretty low. Even if you exclude that we’re still big enough for a state.

Adaawe

Kenya support? Didn’t you bring thousands of Ethiopians? You also airlifted the SNA to help you, give up man it’s starting to look bad.

I have lower juba and I will take on AS as soon as I am done with my current more pressing Cadow. Looks like im done with him anyways Farmajo is out, time for my next Sayid to come in and take back the rest.View attachment 131626

You don't have all of Lower Jubba nor Middle Jubba itself. Troops or not. My base isn't under Al Shabaab control. I have my lands. I'm chilling. Plus I have complete control of the Jubba river. While Bantus and Giirgiir are controlling your section.

:hahaidiot:

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
The issue is federalism isn't applied correctly in Somalia at all each individual state should be able to develop its lands and act semi-autonomous from the central government; my issue with federalism in Somalia is corruption and foreign involvement and the lack of political structure the environment at hand makes it hard for federalism to work well I think people misunderstood what I said federalism isn't working for the greater good of Somalia, not for every individual FMS. I attempted to give a political structure that could stimulate a environment for federalism to work :bell:
btw people would not be split if there qabiil was in two different parties they would delve into subclans.

It should be made a taboo for someone to become governor of there home district but who is going to enforce that now when each area picks its own qabiil heads and the central government is even more corrupt and less trustworthy for the job.
Dhulbahante is perfectly big enough to have a state tf you on :heh:

Don’t forget there’s a Benadir state. That sets the bar pretty low. Even if you exclude that we’re still big enough for a state.
not big enough for two gobols hell you could probably get 1.5 like GM but their are issues outside of that.

If Las Qoray had a port and you had a green line at ceerigaabo “Khatumo” would be viable. alas that is not the case Las Canood and Badhan can’t form a state my friend.

Trending