60 years of independence/30 years of Civil war

Smt funny/sad I thought about (also mentioned in a thread):

Somalia exists for 60 years, and got its independence in 1960, and civil war started in January in 1991.

- this year marks the 30th anniversary of the civil war.

It’s half of the independence the country got itself. That’s really sad and the country didn’t show a positive shift from the situation.

more in a worse shape then Rwanda when they were wiping out a whole ethnic group and went into a war, even Rwanda is doing Better.

Seeing how slow minded people are, and how the mental and intelligence shifted from the older generation and just got worse every decade and generation shows that we need another 3 decades (at least) to become a civilised country that will be stable.

I mean for gods sake, let’s be rational the situation in the country is not good at all, it’s sad, really sad for words

1. People will scare and threaten EVERY president away, doesn’t matter if they have good intentions or bad intentions. As if almost no one has any intention to bring things back up.

2. people (especially back in the country) aren’t rational people in my own opinion. Showing how people fight each other for stupid things and still complain about the acts they commit themselves is stupid.

3. Please, obviously there are 3 issues, but people never open their eyes and blame others for the stupidity they committed themselves.

4. tribalism isn’t the only issue, but indeed a huge issue, but not the only issue.

5. the younger generation gets blamed for most things, and aren’t allowed to have their own mind but instead follow the unfortunate.

I have more opinions, but I’ll get downvoted for my own thinking and views, because people aren’t allowed to think differently within our culture/country/community and again, get threatened and hated for it

SonOfMaverick

"I don’t live in darkness, darkness lives in me."
30 years of miserly and mayhem for Somalis at home and aboard.

R.I.P. Somalia 1960 - 1991

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I have more opinions, but I’ll get downvoted for my own thinking and views, because people aren’t allowed to think differently within our culture/country/community and again, get threatened and hated for it
I find that funny because if you were really passionate you wouldn’t let silly downvotes and internet points stop you from speaking your mind.

If you have more opinions then say it, don’t keep it bottled up or else you’re no different than the people you complain about and are just a part of the herd.

Psychologist

Changemaker
Seeing how slow minded people are, and how the mental and intelligence shifted from the older generation and just got worse every decade and generation shows that we need another 3 decades (at least) to become a civilised country that will be stable.

I mean for gods sake, let’s be rational the situation in the country is not good at all, it’s sad, really sad for words

1. People will scare and threaten EVERY president away, doesn’t matter if they have good intentions or bad intentions. As if almost no one has any intention to bring things back up.

2. people (especially back in the country) aren’t rational people in my own opinion. Showing how people fight each other for stupid things and still complain about the acts they commit themselves is stupid.

3. Please, obviously there are 3 issues, but people never open their eyes and blame others for the stupidity they committed themselves.

4. tribalism isn’t the only issue, but indeed a huge issue, but not the only issue.

5. the younger generation gets blamed for most things, and aren’t allowed to have their own mind but instead follow the unfortunate.

bro do it, if you can't speak your mind how will others speak their mind. try to normalize it, you could be the first and last but still played a role, also we would like to hear about it

I find that funny because if you were really passionate you wouldn’t let silly downvotes and internet points stop you from speaking your mind.

If you have more opinions then say it, don’t keep it bottled up or else you’re no different than the people you complain about and are just a part of the herd.
Hmm, you’re right! But if I’ll get downvoted I won’t be surprised lmaooo

A diasporan needs to take one for the team and civilize those somalis back home. No reason to be fighting over clans for over 30 years
giphy.gif

SonOfMaverick

"I don’t live in darkness, darkness lives in me."
This is a culture that is all about conformity. Somalis are like sheep and if you think differently from the rest of the herd, then you become an outcast. You either submit and follow the crowd or go your own way.

I pers

okay here’s my other important opinion:

1. Personally, I don’t think that Triballism also had a negative impact on Somali itself. Seeing how religious terrorism grew within these last decades shows how religion (in this case Islam) also changed Somalia into not a positive state either, tough it’s more of a Sub religious shift from Sufism/Sunnism to actual ignorant beliefs.

2. Somali people (well most of them, I’ve met a few people who weren’t like this thankfully) are most of the time really close minded people, really really close minded (this is actually nicely put lmao, I wanted to say ignorant). In many cases most people don’t want to have a broad way of mind.

3. disgusting things are promoted within the community.

4. for some reason, shaming others because they aren’t ignorant and are rational human beings is a right thing within the community

5. old people there are way to powerful compared to the youth

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
One of my parents' employer, a bantu guy, suggested to nuke all Somalis.

I was shocked back then,
but now, it seems all clear.

200.gif

Trending