4 Major Cases filed against the Federal Government of Somalia at The International Criminal Court

Honest opinion.

This case will most likely not go far. Either it will be settled out of court or it die down.

It is very difficult to sue a government or a leader in the ICC unless the International Community want it to happen.

Furthermore, the amount of cash required to fight a case like this will require some very good fundraising unless a top law firm takes it on pro-bono.
There is some merit in one of their cases since a UN report alleges that Somali soldiers were in Tigray with Eritrean soldiers that came from Eritrea.

farmajo laandheere reer dalal weeye. car taabo naayaa.

Oh no! A little clan I have never heard of is threatening me

giphy.gif

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
The Somali Lawyers Association who filed will represent the communities? I assume they are already doing it pro-bono.
I want the lawyers to also report Farmajo and his henchmen to their respective diaspora nations.

They can work the case to some extent but there will be issues.

They will have to hire another legal team consisting of a barrister and probably a solicitor or two, who are experts in International Criminal Law.

Even in the case these lawyers decide to represent the clients themselves, the amount of time and effort required learning International Law as well as the particular of the case will cause a huge loss in income for themselves. These guys have normal jobs as lawyers which requires their undivided attention.

Regardless of whether their case has merit or not, they have a lot of logistical problems to deal with before this case becomes a fully-fledged reality.

They can work the case to some extent but there will be issues.

They will have to hire another legal team consisting of a barrister and probably a solicitor or two, who are experts in International Criminal Law.

Even in the case these lawyers decide to represent the clients themselves, the amount of time and effort required learning International Law as well as the particular of the case will cause a huge loss in income for themselves. These guys have normal jobs as lawyers which requires their undivided attention.

Regardless of whether their case has merit or not, they have a lot of logistical problems to deal with before this case becomes a fully-fledged reality.

Between South-West, Jubbaland and Ikran's two clans (Galjecel and Xawaadle), the money can be raised to hire lawyers and lobbyists.

I'm sure Puntites would also be happy to throw money at taking down Sharmaajo and company!

I'll donate myself.

teamwork-parks-and-recreation.gif

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
There is some merit in one of their cases since a UN report alleges that Somali soldiers were in Tigray with Eritrean soldiers that came from Eritrea.

I completely agree that they can build a case against Farmaajo.

However, the important thing is whether they can actually make it a reality.

It is not uncommon to file a case against someone and settle before you even go to trial. The fact that you even filed a case can cause enough headlines that the other party will pay up or accept some fault in exchange for the case being swept away.

I completely agree that they can build a case against Farmaajo.

However, the important thing is whether they can actually make it a reality.

It is not uncommon to file a case against someone and settle before you even go to trial. The fact that you even filed a case can cause enough headlines that the other party will pay up or accept some fault in exchange for the case being swept away.

LOL

You're assuming that any group would even want to settle this out of court.

You think he would or even could pay off:

South West Community
Jubbaland
Ikran Tahlil's family
Family of missing Eritrean soldiers.

Even when there are corrupt people among these communities, it would be far too expensive and time consuming to pay to make this disappear as every clansman/woman would have their hand out. This isn't the West where you can pay off a few people, this is a collectivist society.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Between South-West, Jubbaland and Ikran's two clans (Galjecel and Xawaadle), the money can be raised to hire lawyers and lobbyists.

I'm sure Puntites would also be happy to throw money at taking down Sharmaajo and company!

I'll donate myself.

If that happens, it’s safe to say that the next few months will be very interesting.

My guess on what happens next is as good as yours.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
LOL

You're assuming that any group would even want to settle this out of court.

You think he would or even could pay off:

South West Community
Jubbaland
Ikran Tahlil's family
Family of missing Eritrean soldiers.

I don’t think he has the money to pay these victims.

I am just trying to work out what the end game is here.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Having 4 pending cases with the ICC doesnt look good especially when you have to beg to foreign donors to bribe on your behalf during election time.

TekNiKo

β€œI am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
No charges against Kenyans bombing innocents in Gedo today but they always chase their President Farmaajo, what a shameless people.

No charges against Kenyans bombing innocents in Gedo today but they always chase their President Farmaajo, what a shameless people.

You guys don't have a consistent relationship with Kenya. One minute you invite them to build bases and keep you safe, the next you accuse them of bombing you.

Stick to one narrative if you want to be taken seriously.

I feel bad for miskeen shacab in Gedo who are cursed with such poor leadership.

TekNiKo

β€œI am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
You guys don't have a consistent relationship with Kenya. One minute you invite them to build bases and keep you safe, the next you accuse them of bombing you.

Stick to one narrative if you want to be taken seriously.

I feel bad for miskeen shacab in Gedo who are cursed with such poor leadership.

Who invited Kenya they invade and attack our people but you are delighted by that and focused on Farmaajo

Who invited Kenya they invade and attack our people but you are delighted by that and focused on Farmaajo

Stop trying to derail this thread.

Like I said before, Kenya is in Gedo and specifically Garbaharey with Farmaajo's blessing. They didn't invade, so if you have a problem with that, call your uncle and tell him to ask Kenya to withdraw. It's your own region, sort out your own mess instead of trying to blame other Somalis for your own ineptitude.

Last edited:

Yusuf M

PuntExit

I'll donate myself.

Farmajo has made lots of enemies during his tenure as president of Villa Ugandishu. I wouldn't be surprised if large amount of cash came in to dethrone him should this case against him successful go forward.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Somali Diaspora Lawyers Association based in Melbourne, Australia have filed 4 cases against Farmajo's regime with the ICC and the cases have been accepted.

LINK 1 :
LINK 2 :

The 4 Cases

1. The Baidoa Massacre (Sharmaajo's regime forcefully installed Sharmaajo's nephew LaftaGareen as South-West State President which resulted in the deaths of civilians)

2. The Jubbaland Embargo (Sharmaajo's regime placed an embargo on the state stopping flights coming in and out of the state)

3. Ikran Tahlil's murder

4. Young Somali Soldiers missing in Eritrea

Are farmaajo and laftagareen related to eachother?

Trending