4 Major Cases filed against the Federal Government of Somalia at The International Criminal Court

Somali Diaspora Lawyers Association based in Melbourne, Australia have filed 4 cases against Farmajo's regime with the ICC and the cases have been accepted.

LINK 1 :
LINK 2 :

The 4 Cases

1. The Baidoa Massacre (Sharmaajo's regime forcefully installed Sharmaajo's nephew LaftaGareen as South-West State President which resulted in the deaths of civilians)

2. The Jubbaland Embargo (Sharmaajo's regime placed an embargo on the state stopping flights coming in and out of the state)

3. Ikran Tahlil's murder

4. Young Somali Soldiers missing in Eritrea

Last edited:
CLINK CLINK Sharmaajo

rhonj-hand-cuffs.gif

Hy11GLLr2C-8.png

not the first time I am hearing it so it sounds quit true.

For a while now people from South-West State have been trying to get Sharmaajo's regime held accountable for the Baidoa massacre and it seems that the people aggrieved by his regime have formed a coalition and filed together. This is the right move and probably why all 4 cases were accepted.

They haven't named individuals yet, but we can all guess who is responsible for those 4 cases.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
According to Twitter, the lawsuit was done by the Somali Diaspora Lawyers Association based in Melbourne, Australia.

TekNiKo

β€œI am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Means nothing even William Ruto and Uhuru Kenyatta were charged for war crimes during 2007 election violence but nothing happened. These International courts are toothless.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Honest opinion.

This case will most likely not go far. Either it will be settled out of court or it die down.

It is very difficult to sue a government or a leader in the ICC unless the International Community want it to happen.

Furthermore, the amount of cash required to fight a case like this will require some very good fundraising unless a top law firm takes it on pro-bono.

Honest opinion.

This case will most likely not go far. Either it will be settled out of court or it die down.

It is very difficult to sue a government or a leader in the ICC unless the International Community want it to happen.

Furthermore, the amount of cash required to fight a case like this will require some very good fundraising unless a top law firm takes it on pro-bono.

The Somali Lawyers Association who filed will represent the communities? I assume they are already doing it pro-bono.
I want the lawyers to also report Farmajo and his henchmen to their respective diaspora nations.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Now is the time for some qaaraan fund-raising from South-West and Jubbaland communities.
I want the lawyers to also report Farmajo and his henchmen to their respective diaspora nations.

This case hinges on whether the US, UK, EU and other areas many of these politicians come from, play ball.

It is very rare for a leader or a government to be successfully tried for war crimes unless the West wills it.