28f Toronto Somali woman really struggling to make friends and find a husband

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
I also get no support from family since they thinks it’s ceeb to search for their daughters.
Ok right that's a new one.

Russell Westbrook Basketball GIF by NBA

even in the masjid, they won't interact with any girls. vise versa. its extremely segregated
I'm not talking about freemixing between the men and women but rather the men with the men and the women with the women connecting with each other.

It allows everyone to network and set each other up. For example if these tech bros have sisters/cousins and they all frequent a mosque they can help set each other up with others that attend the masjid and are looking to get married on both sides without mixing. Basically relatives will act as middle men for each other and those that don't have relatives simply need to network within the masjid and ask a brother or sister who does have relatives on the other side to help them out.

Last edited:
That's odd. My younger male cousin who is currently is high school is planning on getting into that field. One of the biggest reasons why he got in was due to his older male dugsi friends convincing him. A lot of those male friends of his are in their early 20s and mid 20s.
Let me put it this way, see, unlike other professions, IT evolves quite frequently, if upgrades routinely, and to be successful in IT, one must seek original content, a primary source of which is conferences. There are a handful annual conferences, with some being quarterly, not excluding local monthly chapter meetings, which is where networking blossoms, and one meets with gurus in the field. I met the likes of Guido, Ritchie, Thompson, Schneider etc., at those conferences, and was hired for two of my most consequential jobs with top bonuses.

Here is the thing about people in IT being awkwardly weird: imagine a conference of, say 10,000+ people all of whom are nerdy, if weird, most, if not all, in black; it is a scene to behold.

I have been frequenting IT conference from the US to Europe to Asia for the last 10 years, and hardly ever met any Somalis. These venues are packed by Asians with the odd black person here and there, even in the US, but almost non-represented. The same applies to the Corporate world, negligibly represented.

Let us hope future generations could tamper with the bellwether to patch, pad, and obfuscate the shellcode.

Yaraye

VIP
Let me put it this way, see, unlike other professions, IT evolves quite frequently, if upgrades routinely, and to be successful in IT, one must seek original content, a primary source of which is conferences. There are a handful annual conferences, with some being quarterly, not excluding local monthly chapter meetings, which is where networking blossoms, and one meets with gurus in the field. I met the likes of Guido, Ritchie, Thompson, Schneider etc., at those conferences, and was hired for two of my most consequential jobs with top bonuses.

Here is the thing about people in IT being awkwardly weird: imagine a conference of, say 10,000+ people all of whom are nerdy, if weird, most, if not all, in black; it is a scene to behold.
This Image :dead:
I have been frequenting IT conference from the US to Europe to Asia for the last 10 years, and hardly ever met any Somalis. These venues are packed by Asians with the odd black person here and there, even in the US, but almost non-represented. The same applies to the Corporate world, negligibly represented.

Let us hope future generations could tamper with the bellwether to patch, pad, and obfuscate the shellcode.
I hope so as well. Somalis need to network outside of fellow somalis :francis:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Your older tho most of your gen didn't go into tech. I see a lot of guys my age and younger going into tech. within the next 5 years there will be a lot more gen z somalis in the tech industry hopefully.

Your older tho most of your gen didn't go into tech. I see a lot of guys my age and younger going into tech. within the next 5 years there will be a lot more gen z somalis in the tech industry hopefully.
Possibly, yet I would have encountered them at colleges and unis, but do not. There are aplenty at truck stops, and cafes. 7asir fasir!

Your problem is you're a recluse and still expect a husband. This is different from picky people. You just chose to not engage with anyone to the point that you even lost your own friends during the pandemic. These are two separate issues. If you put yourself out there in society, someone would have taken you.
I disagree with your claims here. I go to Starbucks and meet all of these Somali fob guys who are all running businesses, and some of them are millionaires. I have yet to see guys born or raised outscoring the FOB guys.

As for the sister, culture and compatibility may become an issue for her, but if he meets a brother with akhlaaq and willing their relationship to work, I think she should go for it irrespective of him being a fob or western-raised ones.
Are you American by any chance? It’s a lot harder to move up financially in Canada compared to the US.

Possibly, yet I would have encountered them at colleges and unis, but do not. There are aplenty at truck stops, and cafes. 7asir fasir!
Probably because there shut ins. This new gen is a lot less out going and reclusive then the gens before. Most of these kids live on the internet and a lot of this stuff can be accessed online and doesn't necessarily have to be attended to in person but who knows I could be wrong.

Probably because there shut in. This new gen is a lot less out going and reclusive then the gens before. Most of these kids live on the internet and a lot of this stuff can be accessed online and doesn't necessarily have to be attended in person but who knows I could be wrong.
Perhaps, but then IT does work slightly differently, in that it is unlike, say Law, where one could memorise case laws, passes exams, passes the Bar, and is employed, spending most one's time practising for a day in Court. or measuring for a bespoke wing. voila!

It is so hard for women to find husband compared to men finding wives. I think it’s because men can just move to women whilst most women look down on doing such thing so they have to wait to get courted and approached

Trending