15,000 year old Moroccans seem Somali-like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
That's simply not true: https://etd.uwc.ac.za/bitstream/handle/11394/5326/Cole-Showers_cl_phd_ns_2016.pdf

I was wrong on the percentage though it's 90% of haplogroup R in Nigeria are Hausa, the actual percentage is 20%. I edited my post to reflect this.

R1b-V88 is NOT Afro-Asiatic through descent, but only through adoption and cultural appropriation:

https://genomebiology.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13059-018-1393-5

It is an Italian lineage that somehow cucked the Chad region.

R1b isn't Italian though, it's from the Eurasian steppes prior to entering Europe only in the last 5000 years, and is an African lineage as well.

Apollo

VIP
Yeah I know, but the variant Chadics carry originated with 100% certainty in Italy. It is not African nor Afro-Asiatic.

Interesting, I didn't know Toubou were T

Read the journal to refresh my memory; R1b: 34%, T1a: 31%.

It is also suggested that R1b came within the last 10k years.

Read the journal for yourself, it has some interesting things to say about R1b in Africa.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5142112/#bib43

We detected the earliest Eurasian migrations to Africa in the Laal-speaking people, an isolated language group of fewer than 800 speakers who inhabit southern Chad. We estimate that mixture occurred 4,750–7,200 ya, thus after the Neolithic transition in the Near East, a period characterized by exponential growth in human population size. Environmental changes during this period (which possibly triggered the Neolithic transition) also facilitated human migrations. The African Humid Period, for example, was a humid phase across North Africa that peaked 6,000–9,000 ya37 and biogeographically connected Africa to Eurasia, facilitating human movement across these regions.38 In Chad, we found a Y chromosome lineage (R1b-V88) that we estimate emerged during the same period 5,700–7,300 ya (Figure 3B). The closest related Y chromosome groups today are widespread in Eurasia and have been previously associated with human expansions to Europe.39, 40 We estimate that the Eurasian R1b lineages initially diverged 7,300–9,400 ya, at the time of the Neolithic expansions. However, we found that the African and Eurasian R1b lineages diverged 17,900–23,000 ya, suggesting that genetic structure was already established between the groups who expanded to Europe and Africa. R1b-V88 was previously found in Central and West Africa and was associated with a mid-Holocene migration of Afro-asiatic speakers through the central Sahara into the Lake Chad Basin.8 In the populations we examined, we found R1b in the Toubou and Sara, who speak Nilo-Saharan languages, and also in the Laal people, who speak an unclassified language. This suggests that R1b penetrated Africa independently of the Afro-asiatic language spread or passed to other groups through admixture.

Keo

VIP
Noone knows with T. It's found all throughout Europe, Asia, India and Africa in very small percentages, except in Somalia where the "founder effect" produced high percentages of a very specific lineage (Dir and Isaaq).
Not all Isaaq are T

He died 3231 years ago

I was trolling you man.

What I was trying to say is that Ramses's existence is irrelevant in this discussion as R1b's presence in The Dark Continent precedes his reign.

It is futile to preoccupy oneself with theories when it has not been ascertained when and where the Afro-Asiatic Languages formed. Answers are not found solely in DNA studies.

That's just a theory based on conjecture on the part of the author, there's no evidence. It's just as likely it spread in the opposite direction.

Apollo

VIP
That's just a theory based on conjecture on the part of the author, there's no evidence. It's just as likely it spread in the opposite direction.

Evidence is solid. Case closed.

Only J1 and T1 need to be pinpointed as to how they intruded.

Status
Not open for further replies.