13 years old children ‘wed’ in Burao, Somaliland

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
At least he’s the same age and not some gross 90 year old with one foot in the grave :stressed:

It’s a quite a relief. 13 is too young to maintain a marriage. There are a lot of young divorcees with 3-5 kids back home. Very unfortunate. Somalis know how to get married but not how to sustain a happy and healthy marriage.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
It’s a quite a relief. 13 is too young to maintain a marriage. There are a lot of young divorcees with 3-5 kids back home. Very unfortunate. Somalis know how to get married but not how to sustain a happy and healthy marriage.
Actually divorcee women are not discrimanated at all back home. Many remarry quite easily. There is nonstigma attached to divorce in Somali culture

@IstarZ

The amount of divorced women back home working very hard for the survival of their children because they were totally abandoned by their husbands baffled me.

These two kids seem to come from a well-off family.

dr.leorio

death\emitter
If they've reached puberty I see nothing wrong with it. I know kids that were having sex back in middle school here in the states so the fact that they're going the halal route is commendable.

Ain’t nothing wrong with livin with da fam at 35.

@KobeBryant

Will you do it for your kids? Judging from the comforts of my couch, I think it depends on the maturity of the kids. Some might be triggered after they watch a Bollywood movie or the 50 million Somali wedding videos on social media and want to get married. But Somalia is a different kettle. Having been there, I reckon this is one of the good and positive stories to come out from there.

Trending