“Half Somalis with Somali mom aren’t Somali” Incels

Somali Saayid

It's been a while hasn't it?
VIP
It’s like you niggas only have half of your brain. Clan lineage is just that clan lineage. That doesn’t take away your mother’s side. Maybe watch the video instead of acting obtuse.

What even is being Somali in Islam?
He's speak in the context of a social level in Somalia. If your Mom is Somali u are an ajnabi. You don't have a clan to identify with and thus have no support to rest on. Whether it be concerning security, financial relief or even acceptance in certain parts of the country.

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
He's speak in the context of a social level in Somalia. If your Mom is Somali u are an ajnabi. You don't have a clan to identify with and thus have no support to rest on. Whether it be concerning security, financial relief or even acceptance in certain parts of the country.
I don't know about this. My mother is Ogaden and her clan is the one who helps out considering my father's from a minority clan (but related to Ogadens). Two, I've asked my father about the lineage law pertaining to half Somalis and he had never heard of it. This is why I'm loath to think this is applied offline. As well as, Somalis treat half Somalis the same. They're not treating you any different because your father is Somali. That's why I don't get some guys on here who want to use that excuse so that they can marry ajnabis. They can marry ajnabis, but their forewarned that most Somalis won't accept it.

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

Last edited:
I don't know about this. My mother is Ogaden and her clan is the one who helps out considering my father's from a minority clan (but related to the Ogaden). Two, I've asked my father about the lineage law pertaining to half Somalis and he had never heard of it. This is why I'm loath to think this is applied offline. As well as, Somalis treat half Somalis the same. They're not treating you any different because your father is Somali. That's why I don't get some guys on here who want to use that excuse so that they can marry ajnabis. They can marry ajnabis, but their forewarned that most Somalis won't accept it.

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

Ina barkhadoow you are correct. Qabiil has not much meaning in urban somali life; I say that as a guy who lived in Africa for about a decade.
Don' t listen to hooyomataalo kids who have never eaten xasiid over an open fire in miyiga

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
Ina barkhadoow you are correct. Qabiil has not much meaning in urban somali life; I say that as a guy who lived in Africa for about a decade.
Don' t listen to hooyomataalo kids who have never eaten xasiid over an open fire in miyiga
Yup, these people think half Somalis who have a Somali father are treated any better.

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

They don't know how most Somalis feel about mixed kids. It's spoken like people who have never visited. Went to Jijiga this past summer and had no one asking for my qabil. We all got Somalinimo there. They have the baadiya mentality that qabil matters (and I say this as someone who has parents from the baadiya). Truly understand now, why city Somalis didn't allow the qabil controlled Somalis of the baadiya in their city.

A lot of people become purposefully dense and say muh they have Somali DNA etc… at a social level, if only your mother is Somali you don’t have a clan. A clan is essentially your ID in Somalia. Without it you can’t really have a life there.

Islamically we know you are what your father is. If your father is Irish and your mother is Somali, how the flying f*ck would you be a Somali.

Ethnicity is a social construct, and it’s socially constructed in Somali culture that the ethnicity passes from the Spear side of the family. Other ethnicities have different ways of constructing that, and that’s all valid, but the Somali way is Patrilineal.

I wouldn’t accept any of my brothers marrying an ajanebi either though, don’t want iskadhal nephews
you can’t control your brothers and whether they marry a Somali, Ghanian or a Lebanese, those kids will be your blood and you should love them regardless.

Calaami

Garaadka Guud ee Beesha Calaamka
It’s like you niggas only have half of your brain. Clan lineage is just that clan lineage. That doesn’t take away your mother’s side. Maybe watch the video instead of acting obtuse.

What even is being Somali in Islam?
Cope and seethe. Islam tells us the importance of one’s lineage and being honest about your lineage. It’s why people who claimed descent of a clan they didn’t belong to were ostracized from the time of the Prophet ﷺ to now. Allah ﷻ created in tribes to learn each other, who are you to claim to be from a people you aren’t?
1FC3E095-006F-4275-AB16-478AF62B9779.png

Clan lineage is incredibly important. It’s the mark of a man being his father’s son, without it we don’t know where you came from or who fathered you. Bilal Ibn Rabah RA mother was Abyssinian but his father was an Arab belonging to an Arab tribe and was able to marry Arab women of the highest standing in Madina. Who your mother is doesn’t effect your standing, you are your father’s son.

It is HARAAM to claim your mother’s lineage and clan, you aren’t of her people. If your father belongs to a Somali lineage, you are of that lineage. If your father doesn’t belong to a Somali lineage, you aren’t a Somali. Simple.
4C10770A-5B2F-4CCD-8493-74644AFF939D.jpeg

Cope and seethe. Islam tells us the importance of one’s lineage and being honest about your lineage. It’s why people who claimed descent of a clan they didn’t belong to were ostracized from the time of the Prophet ﷺ to now. Allah ﷻ created in tribes to learn each other, who are you to claim to be from a people you aren’t?
View attachment 266094

Clan lineage is incredibly important. It’s the mark of a man being his father’s son, without it we don’t know where you came from or who fathered you. Bilal Ibn Rabah RA mother was Abyssinian but his father was an Arab belonging to an Arab tribe and was able to marry Arab women of the highest standing in Madina. Who your mother is doesn’t effect your standing, you are your father’s son.

It is HARAAM to claim your mother’s lineage and clan, you aren’t of her people. If your father belongs to a Somali lineage, you are of that lineage. If your father doesn’t belong to a Somali lineage, you aren’t a Somali. Simple.View attachment 266095
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

View attachment 266094

Clan lineage is incredibly important. It’s the mark of a man being his father’s son, without it we don’t know where you came from or who fathered you. Bilal Ibn Rabah RA mother was Abyssinian but his father was an Arab belonging to an Arab tribe and was able to marry Arab women of the highest standing in Madina.
Don’t lie about the Seerah. Bilal was very much known for his Abyssinian roots to such an extent he was called Al Habeshi and till this day people mistakenly think he is fully Ethiopian.

Also, what proof do you have he was only able to marry an Arab woman of a high standing for simply being Arab?! Bilal was of a slave background and Arab slaves at the time were not permitted to marry high standing women. It was due to his status as a Muslim and being close to the Prophet s.a.w. It was the same for Usama bin ZAyed as well.

For goodness sake, stop twisting things. biskina it’s Ramadan.
Who your mother is doesn’t effect your standing, you are your father’s son.

It is HARAAM to claim your mother’s lineage and clan, you aren’t of her people. If your father belongs to a Somali lineage, you are of that lineage. If your father doesn’t belong to a Somali lineage, you aren’t a Somali. Simple.View attachment 266095
There is a difference between clan/linages and nationality. As Somalis we have cadcads and Bantus who are very much Somalis. Up North there are Somalis who have Indian Forefathers who live with the Habar Jeclo. The video makes it clear that conflating nationalism with your fathers lineage/tribe doesn’t make sense. Even the screenshot you posted has nothing to do with nationality. It’s about surname and lineage. No half Somali child with an ajnabi father is lying and taking on a different name ect.

Also, if want to go into this from an Islamic stance, nations and borders didn’t exist in the time of the Prophet s.a.w like it does today so why are you conflating the two?

The video she posted was educational. Learn from it.

Last edited:
Don’t lie about the Seerah. Bilal was very much known for his Abyssinian roots to such an extent he was called Al Habeshi and till this day people mistakenly think he is fully Ethiopian.

Also, what proof do you have he was only able to marry an Arab woman of a high standing for simply being Arab?! Bilal was of a slave background and Arab slaves at the time were not permitted to marry high standing women. It was due to his status as a Muslim and being close to the Prophet s.a.w. It was the same for Usama bin ZAyed as well.

There is a difference between clan and nationality. As Somalis we have cadcads and Bantus who are very much Somalis. Up North there are Somalis who have Indian Forefathers who live with the Habar Jeclo. The video makes it clear that conflating nationalism with your fathers lineage/tribe doesn’t make sense.

Also, if want to go into this from an Islamic stance, nations and borders didn’t exist in the time of the Prophet s.a.w like it does today so why are you conflating the two?

The prophet was the middle man to bilals marriage. he was able to marry an Arab woman of high background because the prophet was the one who sent the offer to the family. The parents initially hesitated until the daughter heard about it and basically put her parents in there place for being racist and basically nearly putting off an offer sent by the prophet himself and so they got married. I'll get back to you with whether bilal is fully habashi or not. Lol I completely forgot about that. The prophet did the same for Usama aswell but race wasn't placed as an issue when it came to usama and the woman had many suitors and asked for the prophet's opinion which is when he presented usama as an option.

After giving his opinion on the other suitors she brought forward.

The prophet basically said one of them has a hot temper and beats women and the other was miserly or broke. Usama is the man for you and they got married.

Last edited:
The prophet was the middle man to bilals marriage he was able to marry an Arab woman of high background because the prophet was the one who sent the offer to the family. The parents initially hesitated until the daughter heard about it and basically put her parents in there place for being racist and basically nearly putting off an offer sent by the prophet himself and so they got married. I'll get back to you with whether bilal is fully habashi or not. Lol I completely forgot about that. The prophet did the same for Usama aswell but race wasn't placed as an issue when it came to usama and the woman had many suitors and asked for the prophet's opinion which is when he presented usama as an option.
Yep, that was my point. The idea of Bilal being able to marry an Arab woman because he was Arab is a joke of point. He was able to marry her because of the Prophet s.a.w. The marriage of Fatima bin Qays and Usama bin Zayed was also due to the Prophet recommending Usama and telling Fatima she should marry him as he was the best person for her.

Calaami

There is a difference between clan and nationality. As Somalis we have cadcads and Bantus who are very much Somalis. Up North there are Somalis who have Indian Forefathers who live with the Habar Jeclo. The video makes it clear that conflating nationalism with your fathers lineage/tribe doesn’t make sense.

Bilal RA was an Arab, major scholars like Imam Al Dhahabi RA have corrected those who refer to him as Abyssinian. His father was Rabah, a member of the Banu Jumah clan, which are apart of the Qurayshi tribe.

He had an Abyssinian mother and carried her features, this coupled with preislamic racism led to others (purposefully) neglecting his Arab identity and identifying him only as an Abyssinian.

Bilal RA high status in the eyes of the early Muslims came from his close relationship to Muhammad ﷺ to his military feats to his being the first muezzin gave him a great status in Islam, this is for certain. But remember he was born an Qurayshi Arab, you cannot be serious if you don't think that was a good thing to be in the early days of Islam until now, irregardless of being a freed slave.

I agree with you that we should not conflate nationalism with our identities, Somalia as a country didn't exist when our grandparents were born. However, our Somali lineage existed. I have nothing against Bantus and cadcads, they are "Somalis" (I dislike the demonym of our country being the same as our race lol) in the sense that they are citizens of the country but they are not of a Somali lineage.

I reject nationalism but we have to be true to who and where we descend from.

Bilal RA was an Arab, major scholars like Imam Al Dhahabi RA have corrected those who refer to him as Abyssinian. His father was Rabah, a member of the Banu Jumah clan, which are apart of the Qurayshi tribe.
You’ve read my source didn’t you? Lol, why would you try and use that source against me when it was I who posted it? I’m very much aware that Bilal was Arab however, it is a fact that he was also called Al Habashi and @Javelin and I were debating about if Bilal was indeed Arab or simply Abyssinian. Even then there is a differences of opinion

He had an Abyssinian mother and carried her features, this coupled with preislamic racism led to others (purposefully) neglecting his Arab identity and identifying him only as an Abyssinian.
Even so, he was also called Al Habeshi by Muslims as well and not as a neglect but supposedly due to his mothers high status as an Abyssinian princess. Your mothers heritage isn’t erased just because you’re what your father is which is what you lot on here try to suggest.

Your argument about people only calling Al Habeshi due to racism doesn’t hold water as Usama bin Zayed was the son of an Ethiopian woman Umm Ayman and no one used to mention his Abyssinian side.

Bilal RA high status in the eyes of the early Muslims came from his close relationship to Muhammad ﷺ to his military feats to his being the first muezzin gave him a great status in Islam, this is for certain. But remember he was born an Qurayshi Arab, you cannot be serious if you don't think that was a good thing to be in the early days of Islam until now, irregardless of being a freed slave.
Read what Javelin wrote. The family actually rejected his proposal and it was through the Prophet s.a.w that the marriage went though. His wife also pushed for it. The parents were in fact against it. Learn the Seerah before coming up with nonsense. Also, what Proof do you have that Bilal was Quraishi? He was brought up in that tribe, but not a member of that said tribe. He was their slave. Bilal’s father was an Arab slave and society in those days wasn’t just race based. Being of a slave background was seen as impediment Arab or not.
I agree with you that we should not conflate nationalism with our identities, Somalia as a country didn't exist when our grandparents were born. However, our Somali lineage existed. I have nothing against Bantus and cadcads, they are "Somalis" (I dislike the demonym of our country being the same as our race lol) in the sense that they are citizens of the country but they are not of a Somali lineage.

I reject nationalism but we have to be true to who and where we descend from.
Lineage is based on your family name. Example, it is haram in Islam for you to say that you’re name is Muhammad Khalid, if your father was in fact called Abdallah. However, it has nothing to do with nationality. Even In places like Saudi and other Khaleeji countries, you have people of Bloushi, Iranian ect origins who are seen as Saudi, Omani ect due to being there for a long time. Nationality is different and there is nothing wrong with a child of a Somali woman acknowledging his Somali blood. The cadcad community range from 20-60% Somali maternally.

Last edited:

Calaami

You’ve read my source didn’t you? Lol, why would you try and use that source against me when it was I who posted it? I’m very much aware that Bilal was Arab however, it is a fact that he was also called Al Habashi and @Javelin and I were debating about if Bilal was indeed Arab or simply Abyssinian. Even then there is a differences of opinion
My sister in Islam don’t insult my intelligence, I’ve always known Bilal and his father belonged to the Banu Jumah.

Even so, he was also called Al Habeshi by Muslims as well and not as a neglect but supposedly due to his mothers high status as an Abyssinian princess. Your mothers heritage isn’t erased just because you’re what your father is which is what you lot on here try to suggest.
I spoke about why the non-Muslims referred to him as Habashi, the Muslims gave him that nickname from a place of love. Like when Prophet Muhammad ﷺ named Ali RA “Abu Turab” or “father of the soil” when he found him asleep near the pillar of the masjid where some earth was.

I never said your mother’s heritage is irrelevant, my entire argument has been that your lineage and identity come from your father. You can inherit from your mother, most have closer ties with their mothers family, etc. I don’t mean to discredit anyone’s Reer abti. Just stressing you are what your father is.
Read what Javelin wrote. The family actually rejected his proposal and it was through the Prophet s.a.w that the marriage went though. His wife also pushed for it. The parents were in fact against it. Learn the Seerah before coming up with nonsense. Also, what Proof do you have that Bilal was Quraishi? He was brought up in that tribe, but not a member of that said tribe. He was their slave. Bilal’s father was an Arab slave and society in those days wasn’t just race based. Being of a slave background was seen as impediment Arab or not.
Alhamdullilah I’m familiar with what brother Javelin shared. I’m familiar with the Seerah and had good teachers. Him being Banu Jumah is common knowledge and shared by scholars I admire. I do agree being a slave was and is an impediment but Islam enabled slaves to rise above nobility, alhamdullilah.
Lineage is based on your family name. Example, it is haram in Islam for you to say that you’re name is Muhammad Khalid, if your father was in fact called Abdallah. However, it has nothing to do with nationality. Even In places like Saudi and other Khaleeji countries, you have people of Bloushi, Iranian ect origins who are seen as Saudi, Omani ect due to being there for a long time. Nationality is different and there is nothing wrong with a child of a Somali woman acknowledging his Somali blood. The cadcad community range from 20-60% Somali maternally.
I never said it has anything to do with nationality. Somalia isn’t even 100 years old, there are dozens of groups who aren't ethnically Somali but are citizens of Somalia and stakeholders in that country. I only focus on the ethnic group called Somalis. You’re right, after a certain amount of time in a land you can be considered one of them even if your lineage differs from the ones native to that land. Example, Salahuddin Ayyubi RA was a Kurdish man but embraced and viewed as an Arab by us all. Does this take away from the fact that he was a Kurdish man and hero? No.

There’s nothing wrong with acknowledging your mother’s lineage and being proud of it, I’m not an evil guy trying to institutionalize every mixed kid I just don’t want anyone neglecting their true lineage.:)

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP

There is a difference between clan/linages and nationality. As Somalis we have cadcads and Bantus who are very much Somalis. Up North there are Somalis who have Indian Forefathers who live with the Habar Jeclo. The video makes it clear that conflating nationalism with your fathers lineage/tribe doesn’t make sense. Even the screenshot you posted has nothing to do with nationality. It’s about surname and lineage. No half Somali child with an ajnabi father is lying and taking on a different name ect.

Ibn Taymiyah was named after a woman too.

Ibn Taymiyyah's (ابن تيمية) name is unusual in that it is derived from a female member of his family as opposed to a male member, which was the normal custom at the time and still is now. The title "Taymiyyah" comes from the mother of his forefathers who was called Taymiyahh. She was an admonisher and he was ascribed to her and became known through the name, "Ibn Taymiyahh".[14]Taymiyyah was a prominent woman, famous for her scholarship and piety and the name Ibn Taymiyyah was taken up by many of her male descendants.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP

Your argument about people only calling Al Habeshi due to racism doesn’t hold water as Usama bin Zayed was the son of an Ethiopian woman Umm Ayman and no one used to mention his Abyssinian side.

So He’s saying Yusuf can’t call himself Mohamed at all if that isn’t his name.
:hmm:
So tell me why Ibn Taymiyah goes by ibn taymiyah if you can’t acknowledge your mothers side or call yourself anything but your birth name? Salafis love ibn taymiyah, wouldn’t this be considered bid’ah or are the guys here just taking it too far because they so desperately don’t want half somalis with a somali mom identifying with their mothers side out of insecurity? Discuss
:sass2:

Trending