‘Somali’ murtads aren’t Somali

Are Somali gaals somali?

• Total voters

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Why do you feel the need to separate Greeks from cadaans they’re the same race.:umwhat:

They're not. We've known for over a decade even before ancient DNA in DNA circles that Greeks are genetically more close to the people of the Middle-East by far. And so is their civilization. And even if this wasn't the case; Arabs and other MEs still beat proper cadaans like North-Central Europeans to the civilization game by millennia. When the first people in North-Central Europe were writing using a script that had its origins in the Levant anyway, civilization had existed in places like Arabia and the Levant for 3,000 years.

Last edited:
They're not. We've known for over a decade even before ancient DNA in DNA circles that Greeks are genetically more close to the people of the Middle-East by far. And so is their civilization. And even if this wasn't the case; Arabs and other MEs still beat proper cadaans like North-Central Europeans to the civilization game by millennia. When the first people in North-Central Europe were writing using a script that had its origins in the Levant anyway, civilization had existed in places like Arabia and the Levant for 3,000 years.
I doubt that ancient semites looked the same as today semites the nafutain
I’m not a geneticist so I’m not going to argue about the genetics. But even if this is true North-central Europe has far outclassed all the ancient civilisations today.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I doubt that ancient semites looked the same as today semites the nafutain

Unfortunately for you, we have ancient samples to prove this as false. We have basically Bronze-Age Semite samples and we can see clearly that they are genetically similar to modern Samaritans, Arabians and even non-"Semites" like Coptic Egyptians who trace most of their ancestry to people like them.

I’m not a geneticist so I’m not going to argue about the genetics. But even if this is true North-central Europe has far outclassed all the ancient civilisations today.

Sure. But they would have never gotten there without those ancient civilizations. If your cadaans are so inherently "superior" and people like Middle-Easterners (Arabs) are so "subhuman" one must explain why such "brown people" beat cadaans to civilization by 3,000 years and why cadaans would have remained illiterate hut dwellers even at the kingly level if such people had not begun influencing them.

Cadaans did "well" with what they were influenced with and given. Not taking that away from them. Just showing your subhuman comment to be nonsensical. Cadaans are just people like anybody else and the bulk of what they've done was done long before them by other peoples. Stop holding them up on a pedestal and diminishing yourself and other people.

Unfortunately for you, we have ancient samples to prove this as false. We have basically Bronze-Age Semite samples and we can see clearly that they are genetically similar to modern Samaritans, Arabians and even non-"Semites" like Coptic Egyptians who trace most of their ancestry to people like them.

Sure. But they would have never gotten there without those ancient civilizations. If your cadaans are so inherently "superior" and people like Middle-Easterners (Arabs) are so "subhuman" one must explain why such "brown people" beat cadaans to civilization by 3,000 years and why cadaans would have remained illiterate hut dwellers even at the kingly level if such people had not begun influencing them.

Cadaans did "well" with what they were influenced with and given. Not taking that away from them. Just showing your subhuman comment to be nonsensical.
I read somewhere the natufian were half basal Eurasian and half west European Hunter gatherers so that why I said I doubt ancient Semitic people looked the same then and now.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I read somewhere the natufian were half basal Eurasian and half west European Hunter gatherers so that why I said I doubt ancient Semitic people populations looked the same and now.

What are you talking about, man? Seriously. Natufians are Paleolithic people. What the hell do they have to do with Metal-Age Middle-Easterners? Do you think the civilizations of the ancient Middle-East were started by pure Natufians? I already told you, we have a lot of ancient DNA from the Middle-East going back to the Copper, Bronze and Iron Ages and it's clear modern Arabians, Copts, Samaritans, Palestinians, Lebanese and so on are their descendants and in many ways damn near identical to them. It doesn't matter what you "doubt". This is settled science.

Let me give you a quick rundown of ME population history since you don't seem to know much and this will be useful as I can link it in the future:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So nope... Unfortunately what I said stands. Arabs and other ME descended people knew civilization 3,000 years before North-Central Europeans were making rock-inscriptions and North-Central Europeans in fact would have remained illiterate hut-dwellers if it wasn't for the Middle-East. So again, it is nonsensical to claim MEs like Arabs = subhuman and inherently inferior to cadaans.

Cadaans are just people, man. They did well with what they were influenced with from the Middle-East but you really need to boom booming them and diminishing other groups and yourself.

What are you talking about, man? Seriously. Natufians are Paleolithic people. What the hell do they have to do with Metal-Age Middle-Easterners? Do you think the civilizations of the ancient Middle-East were started by pure Natufians? I already told you, we have a lot of ancient DNA from the Middle-East going back to the Copper, Bronze and Iron Ages and it's clear modern Arabians, Copts, Samaritans, Palestinians, Lebanese and so on are their descendants and in many ways damn near identical to them. It doesn't matter what you "doubt". This is settled science.

Let me give you a quick rundown of ME population history since you don't seem to know much and this will be useful as I can link it in the future:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So nope... Unfortunately what I said stands. Arabs and other ME descended people knew civilization 3,000 years before North-Central Europeans were making rock-inscriptions and North-Central Europeans in fact would have remained illiterate hut-dwellers if it wasn't for the Middle-East. So again, it is nonsensical to claim MEs like Arabs = subhuman and inherently inferior to cadaans.

Cadaans are just people, man. They did well with what they were influenced with from the Middle-East but you really need to boom booming them and diminishing other groups and yourself.
Taforalt sample has been debunked even I know that. Moreover, our model predicts that West Africans (represented by Yoruba) had 12.5±1.1% ancestry from a Taforalt-related group rather than Taforalt having ancestry from an unknown Sub-Saharan African source. https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/423079v1.full.

Im_✨

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
I voted yes because Somalis gaal are still ethnically the same. We historically followed Sufi Islam which is a blend of pre-Islamic cultural beliefs and Islamic teachings.
Yh stop generalising because most of my family were always shafii and rejected sufism

Im_✨

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
A Person can be gaal and Somali we historically practiced Sufi islam which includes a lot of pre-Islamic practices. If somali gaal leave the religion they don’t leave the culture. Is our culture just being Muslim this is a retarded mindset.
Nah maybe ur family practiced suufism but don’t speak for all of us because my family rejected it 😂

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Taforalt sample has been debunked even I know that. Moreover, our model predicts that West Africans (represented by Yoruba) had 12.5±1.1% ancestry from a Taforalt-related group rather than Taforalt having ancestry from an unknown Sub-Saharan African source. https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/423079v1.full.

For the love of God, I noticed this from having "discussions" with you in other threads. When you know you're wrong about the actual meat of the argument which is that I just told you MEs from the Metal-Age who originated those civilizations were essentially the ancestors of and much like the medieval and current inhabitants you dodge that or admitting you're wrong completely and focus on some random part of what I said (like Iberomaurusians) that is completely irrelevant to the main topic.

Again...

Take care, man.

For the love of God, I noticed this from having "discussions" with you in other threads. When you know you're wrong about the actual meat of the argument which is that I just told you MEs from the Metal-Age who originated those civilizations were essentially the ancestors of and much like the medieval and current inhabitants you dodge that or admitting you're wrong completely and focus on some random part of what I said (like Iberomaurusians) that is completely irrelevant to the main topic.

Again...

Take care, man.
We have ended that discussion I was wrong I am just correcting your information on the Iberomaurusians

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
We have ended that discussion I was wrong I am just correcting your information on the Iberomaurusians

To be honest, that preprint's claim is somewhat debatable. When you look at Iberomaurusians' clustering on a global PCA they cluster right next to Habeshas like a heavily (40-60) SSA admixed group and I've seen lots of runs by laymen showing them as clearly significantly admixed with something SSA-like. It fits well with their uniparentals too. E-M35 Y-DNA and Eurasian mtDNA lineages. So I wouldn't be so sure just yet but we won't know for sure either way until we have more samples and studies.

I had an exmuslim phase, but got bored of it and came back to the deen. The real reason why I left was because I was severely depressed and thought leaving islam was it, but it wasn't. I didn't gain anything from leaving except losing a community/a vital part of my identity that was all that I ever known. I came back, and I do still struggle a lot. Sometimes when I am upset I do bizarre things like announcing I'm leaving the faith again, but it's just from trauma and other stuff in my life. I really wished more somalis would be understanding of why people leave in the first place .