GENETICS YFull Discussion Thread

Apollo

VIP
What u think percentage of tl208 in somaliweyn haplogroup

Yeah, but that is kind of cheating since Somali clans are supposed to about a thousand years old. That is more of a fairer standard to judge who are the most laandheer.

I think E-BY8081 is probably the biggest sub-500 year old lineage, but T-FGC92488 probably the biggest sub-1000 year old one.

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP
Yeah, but that is kind of cheating since Somali clans are supposed to about a thousand years old. That is more of a fairer standard to judge who are the most laandheer.

I think E-BY8081 is probably the biggest sub-500 year old lineage, but T-FGC92488 probably the biggest sub-1000 year old one.
Who is more landhere in somalia ev32 or tl208

Apollo

VIP
Who is more landhere in somalia ev32 or tl208

C'mon you already know the answer if you ever have checked your 23andMe relative list.

However, E-V32 Somalis are usually not related for 3,000 years. Many different subclades outside of the historic period when clans formed.

If the Abgaal clan is real, then their lineage could also be a big one by number. We might find out soon.

Libaax-Joore

VIP
C'mon you already know the answer if you ever have checked your 23andMe relative list.

However, E-V32 Somalis are usually not related for 3,000 years. Many different subclades outside of the historic period when clans formed.

If the Abgaal clan is real, then their lineage could also be a big one by number. We might find out soon.
we can ask this abgal @convincation to do dante lab during black Friday sale November 28...

Thx @Apollo @Libaax-Joore and @Pioneer you guys helped out a ton. Here are my preliminary results.
Screenshot_20210703-085647.png

Apparently we wuz Socotran and shiiet :ftw9nwa:
But honestly seems legit like all the regions Mehris traditionally settle are represented. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Thx @Apollo @Libaax-Joore and @Pioneer you guys helped out a ton. Here are my preliminary results.
View attachment 191402
Apparently we wuz Socotran and shiiet :ftw9nwa:
But honestly seems legit like all the regions Mehris traditionally settle are represented. Thoughts?

Congrats, bro.
Are you carab salax ?
for some reason all j1 Somalis on ftdna are Darood and all of them carry the J-ZS5383 including my first cousin and most probably J-Y178104 , I been waiting for the Dante discount for months :ftw9nwa: to get my YFull.

20210703_112952.jpg

20210703_112429.jpg

but to bad you don't cluster with other somalis but we meet at J-CTS9721 with a TMRCA of 8300 ypd :ftw9nwa:

20210703_120514.jpg

we might be a Laangaab in Somalia but we're the laandheer of the ME :drakekidding:

Last edited:

Libaax-Joore

VIP
@Wiilyam Ina Sheekh Zubeer
Congrats, bro.
Are you carab salax ?
for some reason all j1 Somalis on ftdna are Darood and all of them are carry the J-ZS5383 including my first cousin and most probably J-Y178104 , I been waiting for the Dante discount for months :ftw9nwa: to get my YFull.

View attachment 191442
View attachment 191443

but to bad you don't cluster with other somalis but we meet at J-CTS9721 with a TMRCA of 8300 ypd :ftw9nwa:

View attachment 191445

we might be a Laangaab in Somalia but we're the laandheer of the ME :drakekidding:
He match his folks in socorota
200-2.gif

Carab Saalax are just Arabs who became Somali, just like Hartis in Oman are Somalis who became Arab. We literally did a people swap due to trade, some Harti males went to Oman and married Meheri women and Carab Saalax men came to Puntland and married Harti women, it's a beautiful historic relationship.

I am happy that DNA results are proving this and we can finally log history with facts to back it up.

@SuldaankaMeheri @Wiilyam Ina Sheekh Zubeer

Congrats, bro.
Are you carab salax ?
for some reason all j1 Somalis on ftdna are Darood and all of them carry the J-ZS5383 including my first cousin and most probably J-Y178104 , I been waiting for the Dante discount for months :ftw9nwa: to get my YFull.

View attachment 191442
View attachment 191443

View attachment 191445

Yes walaal I'm Carab Salax, perhaps your ancestors came during the ancient frankincense trade between todays PL and Southern Arabia lol but eventually we have the same awoowe 8000 years ago I guess.
Always a loyal son of PL, there needs to be a Socotra summit every few years between the regions. I hope both our people can be a bridge.
Carab Saalax are just Arabs who became Somali, just like Hartis in Oman are Somalis who became Arab. We literally did a people swap due to trade, some Harti males went to Oman and married Meheri women and Carab Saalax men came to Puntland and married Harti women, it's a beautiful historic relationship.

I am happy that DNA results are proving this and we can finally log history with facts to back it up.

@SuldaankaMeheri @Wiilyam Ina Sheekh Zubeer
Yes I find it really interesting how both groups assimilated into their host communities but kept their tribal names, this should be studied tbh, but beautiful indeed. It shows the cultures were mutually compatible and the populations respected each other to the highest degree and continue to do so.
boqor burhan coronation~2.png

Our president, boqor and suldaan all in one picture :salute:

Yes walaal I'm Carab Salax, perhaps your ancestors came during the ancient frankincense trade between todays PL and Southern Arabia lol but eventually we have the same awoowe 8000 years ago I guess.

Always a loyal son of PL, there needs to be a Socotra summit every few years between the regions. I hope both our people can be a bridge.

Yes I find it really interesting how both groups assimilated into their host communities but kept their tribal names, this should be studied tbh, but beautiful indeed. It shows the cultures were mutually compatible and the populations respected each other to the highest degree and continue to do so.
View attachment 191452
Our president, boqor and suldaan all in one picture :salute:

yeah there is a long history, documented and oral of Yemenis coming to our coast and getting assimilated especially by coastal Hartis ,we even have some of your Socotran cousins chilling in laasqoray right now .
A new Warsan recruits .
:pachah1:

Trending

Latest posts