Woman is critisized for prioritising cooking for her husband

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
That’s a lie. He’s meant to cloth her and feed her based on what she was raised with and what he can afford. I don’t know where you’re getting your deen from or why you’re commenting on things you don’t know. Example, according to most scholars, a girl from an upper class family raised with maids can’t be compelled to do house chores.

Your logic is indeed a silly one. Show me one scholar that believes that he can just hive her the very basics of water and bread and a shed Authobillah. Don’t slander the scholars warya to make an entitled point.

If that is what the scholars added and you know this, why come up with the lie in the first part of your paragraph?

It doesn’t debunk anything. Salafi scholars are of the opinion a woman should cook and clean whilst all the other madhabs like the Shafis and Hanbalis are of the opinion she doesn’t. Shafis simply believe she doesn’t have to regardless of societal norms. Hanafis make class distinctions, so a woman raised with maids doesn’t. I don’t know about the Malikis believe. Even Islamqa a Salafi publication that argues that women should cook and clean, acknowledge that most scholars believe women don’t.

I have never seen any scholar that would advocate that a man can make his wife sleep in a shed and just give her bread if he can afford more. That’s oppression what you’re talking about and the fact that you’re trying to compare a woman not cooking for her husband to a man near enough starving someone is shocking. Goes to how the level of entitlement of men. No wonder we have a lot of feminist women when men like you talk this way.

Your logic is, if you won’t cook for me, I can borderline starve you. Wallahi it’s scary and it’s probably why a lot of women prefer to not relay on men financially.
You are right I was just trying to make a point in the first paragraph. And that point is still valid, if everyone chose to do the bare minimum nobody (wife+husband) would be happy.

You are also forgetting that being obedient to the husband is obligatory to the wife. As long as he doesn't command her with anything Haram or unreasonable

So according to that if a husband obligates upon his wife that he requires 3 cooked meals a day ( this not haram or unreasonable) it is haram for the wife to say no. She must obey her husband's commands and follow as he says.

Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه) reported that Allaah’s Messenger (صلى الله عليه و سلم) said: “If a woman prays her five (daily) prayers and keeps her private parts chaste and obeys her husband, she will enter Paradise from any of the doors of Paradise she wishes.” [Reported by Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh]

From Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه), Allaah’s Messenger (صلى الله عليه و سلم) said: “It is not lawful for a woman to fast while her husband is present unless she has his permission. And she must not allow anyone in his home except with his permission.” [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

You are right I was just trying to make a point in the first paragraph. And that point is still valid, if everyone chose to do the bare minimum nobody (wife+husband) would be happy.

You are also forgetting that being obedient to the husband is obligatory to the wife. As long as he doesn't command her with anything Haram or unreasonable

So according to that if a husband obligates upon his wife that he requires 3 cooked meals a day ( this not haram or unreasonable) it is haram for the wife to say no. She must obey her husband's commands and follow as he says.
Not true. Not in regards to cooking especially the Shafi Madhab. They believe it’s one of her rights that he can’t compel her, the same way he can’t force her to hand over her salary. It’s a lot more complicated than that. Hanafis believe that if she’s upper class he’s actually forced to get her a maid and she too can’t be forced. Salafis believe she does have to cook but he should see it as something she does out of kindness rather than something she’s compelled to do since most madhabs don’t see it as a proper duty.

Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه) reported that Allaah’s Messenger (صلى الله عليه و سلم) said: “If a woman prays her five (daily) prayers and keeps her private parts chaste and obeys her husband, she will enter Paradise from any of the doors of Paradise she wishes.” [Reported by Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh]

From Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه), Allaah’s Messenger (صلى الله عليه و سلم) said: “It is not lawful for a woman to fast while her husband is present unless she has his permission. And she must not allow anyone in his home except with his permission.” [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]
That Hadith has nothing to do with cooking although you’re right that they do indeed have to obey with regards to other issues.

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
Not true. Not in regards to cooking especially the Shafi Madhab. They believe it’s one of her rights that he can’t compel her, the same way he can’t force her to hand over her salary. It’s a lot more complicated than that. Hanafis believe that if she’s upper class he’s actually forced to get her a maid and she too can’t be forced. Salafis believe she does have to cook but he should see it as something she does out of kindness rather than something she’s compelled to do since most madhabs don’t see it as a proper duty.

That Hadith has nothing to do with cooking although you’re right that they do indeed have to obey with regards to other issues.
I am a salafi Alhamdullilah. I follow the ideology of the salaf. So therefore I follow the opinion the wife must cook and clean.

Also in our culture the men don't have to lift a finger within the home. Back home in Somalia you are even seen as feminine or suspect if you are caught in the kitchen. So from a cultural lense it is also obligatory for the wife to do the household chores.

I am a salafi Alhamdullilah. I follow the ideology of the salaf. So therefore I follow the opinion the wife must cook and clean.
The same Salafi scholars who believe a woman should cook and clean will tell husbands not to be extreme and to try and see it as something his wife does out of love and not duty
Also in our culture the men don't have to lift a finger within the home. Back home in Somalia you are even seen as feminine or suspect if you are caught in the kitchen. So from a cultural lense it is also obligatory for the wife to do the household chores.
The culture you follow is oppressive to Somali women and breeds uselessness and straight up xaasidnimo. The prophet S.A.W would help his wife and many things like leaving the food on the table and not having enough manners to clean up after yourself is bad manners.

Furthermore, since you follow the ‘Somali culture’, Somalis follow the Shafi Madhab and that’s more important than dhaqan.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
Alright @Angelina we get it alright I am tired of these essays you're writing we get it ok? now calm down alright? :bell::kanyehmm::jaynerd: (Btw it seems like you have a degree in gender studies did you actually study that or is this self knowledge?)

According to many scholars of islam a man only has to provide basic food, shelter and clothing for his wife. So technically a shed to sleep in, one piece of clothing and 2 loafs of bread a water to eat and drink is enough basic provision. That is the logic that you are using right now.
I don’t know any scholars that hold such opinions, but to each his own.
But the scholars added that the man must provide the societal norm for his wife in that culture. Same as the wife she must cook and clean for her husband as that is the somali societal norm.
A man must provide his women with the best standard of living he can afford, without jeopardizing his wealth or future.and there are no ifs or buts about it , period!

If everyone just done the basics the man or the wife wouldn't be happy. So that kinda debunks your whole statement.

Where did I make that statement?

Last edited:

Trending