Woman is critisized for prioritising cooking for her husband

The passionate aspect is not the fact that we consider it a laborious chore but more so we seek equity in the relationship, otherwise why would we be in one in the first place. Why take on a mans role if its not a respected one? Life is incredibly machinated with all sorts of appliances and ergonomic contraptions. Anyways try to ponder on it...
Women take it on due to economic necessities. There is no equity in relationships since it’s women who work, pay bills and do most of the chores so that’s ironic.

Also, women already get pregnant, do most of the cleaning and cooking which is so much more than an 8 hour shift. Hence a stay at home mum doing everything is doing so much more than an average man.

I find sexist atheists to be hilarious tbh. Let’s be real, if we go by your logic that there isn’t a creator why shouldn’t women be raging feminists?

Let’s flip the scenario. If a husband made a tik tok and said “treat your girlfriend like a queen, buy her gifts and provide for her lifestyle 100% before another man will” the women would say

YAAAAAAAS QUEEN PURR PEROIDT 💅💅

Women take it on due to economic necessities. There is no equity in relationships since it’s women who work, pay bills and do most of the chores so that’s ironic.

Also, women already get pregnant, do most of the cleaning and cooking which is so much more than an 8 hour shift. Hence a stay at home mum doing everything is doing so much more than an average man.

I find sexist atheists to be hilarious tbh. Let’s be real, if we go by your logic that there isn’t a creator why shouldn’t women be raging feminists?
I'm not a sexist, I just find the lack of accountability exasperating, when there are strict conditional expectations for men and this spectrum of acceptability of what women ought to do, anyways gob iyo hariin baad tahay, aduunka ha ku keeno waxaad ku qanacsanaatid ❤️

P.s I'm not an atheist just not a muslim

Women are not obligated to cook or clean for their husbands . Because it’s a man’s job to bring the best out of his woman and then reward her for it afterwards.

That is a man’s burden for it is the price of his masculinity.
“With great power comes great responsibility.”

Coming back to the women in the video, she is a shameless attention seeking qumayo. Who wants the validation of thirsty simps, that’s what the women are responding to.

A classic pick me, too bad her loser husband has failed her so bad, she has to seek attention and validation from strangers online, by playing the role of the good wife.

Sad Jim Carrey GIF by Laff

Last edited:
"Pick me" "slave" :mjhaps:
It’s like calling a husband who provides for their wife a “simp” doesn’t make sense.

I find it funny how both the genders flipped in terms of what they think is appropriate when it comes to a traditional relationship when it comes to this post https://www.somalispot.com/threads/danyeeer-gives-his-wife-20k-a-month.129252/

Funny how that works. In my opinion the only cringe thing about posts like these is your making your private life public in need of validation but other than that the actual dynamics of these relationships seem really good. It’s sad that caring for your husband is seen as a bad thing while providing for your wife is seen the same way but isn’t as stigmatized by liberal circles. The western liberals have really ruined good relationships and the western Somali community is falling for the same trap that ruined the western family especially the poorer families, the richer ones could get away with it.

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
Women are not obligated to cook or clean for their husbands . Because it’s a man’s job to bring the best out of his woman and then reward her for it afterwards.

That is a man’s burden for it is the price of his masculinity.
“With great power comes great responsibility.”

Coming back to the women in the video, she is a shameless attention seeking qumayo. Who wants the validation of thirsty simps, that’s what the women are responding to.

A classic pick me, too bad her loser husband has failed her so bad, she has to seek attention and validation from strangers online, by playing the role of the good wife.

Sad Jim Carrey GIF by Laff
According to many scholars of islam a man only has to provide basic food, shelter and clothing for his wife. So technically a shed to sleep in, one piece of clothing and 2 loafs of bread a water to eat and drink is enough basic provision. That is the logic that you are using right now.

But the scholars added that the man must provide the societal norm for his wife in that culture. Same as the wife she must cook and clean for her husband as that is the somali societal norm.

If everyone just done the basics the man or the wife wouldn't be happy. So that kinda debunks your whole statement.

She shouldn't be showing off herself online. But, the message is nice, taking care of your husband, and he should also be taking care of her; it's a mutually beneficial union (marriage).

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
We're hungry mfs haye, do you want your man to resort to cannibalism after not cooking for him, he might take a bite out of you as get close to him 💀
:drakekidding: Just call yourself Hannibal Lecter.

:ftw9nwa: For traditional wife treatment, you need a traditional wife budget. A woman could easily kill you through cuisine alone. At the very least, it causes stomach irritation or explosive diarrhea.

According to many scholars of islam a man only has to provide basic food, shelter and clothing for his wife. So technically a shed to sleep in, one piece of clothing and 2 loafs of bread a water to eat and drink is enough basic provision. That is the logic that you are using right now.
That’s a lie. He’s meant to cloth her and feed her based on what she was raised with and what he can afford. I don’t know where you’re getting your deen from or why you’re commenting on things you don’t know. Example, according to most scholars, a girl from an upper class family raised with maids can’t be compelled to do house chores.

Your logic is indeed a silly one. Show me one scholar that believes that he can just hive her the very basics of water and bread and a shed Authobillah. Don’t slander the scholars warya to make an entitled point.
But the scholars added that the man must provide the societal norm for his wife in that culture. Same as the wife she must cook and clean for her husband as that is the somali societal norm.
If that is what the scholars added and you know this, why come up with the lie in the first part of your paragraph?
If everyone just done the basics the man or the wife wouldn't be happy. So that kinda debunks your whole statement.
It doesn’t debunk anything. Salafi scholars are of the opinion a woman should cook and clean whilst all the other madhabs like the Shafis and Hanbalis are of the opinion she doesn’t. Shafis simply believe she doesn’t have to regardless of societal norms. Hanafis make class distinctions, so a woman raised with maids doesn’t. I don’t know about the Malikis believe. Even Islamqa a Salafi publication that argues that women should cook and clean, acknowledge that most scholars believe women don’t.

I have never seen any scholar that would advocate that a man can make his wife sleep in a shed and just give her bread if he can afford more. That’s oppression what you’re talking about and the fact that you’re trying to compare a woman not cooking for her husband to a man near enough starving someone is shocking. Goes to how the level of entitlement of men. No wonder we have a lot of feminist women when men like you talk this way.

Your logic is, if you won’t cook for me, I can borderline starve you. Wallahi it’s scary and it’s probably why a lot of women prefer to not relay on men financially.

Last edited:

Trending