Why it is a big mistake having daughters in the west

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Why do you often calaacal about squeeze in divorce and child custody laws into random threads you join?

The scholarly consensus is that the mother has more right to custody.
What I said is very relevant to the topic don't try to shame me into silence:nahgirl:

Thank you for stating the obvious that fathers are viewed merely as being sperm donors by the western family courts system hence the madness:gucciwhat:

The thing is no one has a choice in what we have if we have any at all. You just gotta break ur back and do ur job as a father, make all the duas and still hope to get some luck so that ur daughters don't end up giving u heart attack.
Can you imagine your daughter going on a date with a guy?:liberaltears:

What did we do when we took out girls?:mjlol:

It would be very unwise to not expect the same treatment if not worse.:francis:

Bohol

VIP
The thing is no one has a choice in what we have if we have any at all. You just gotta break ur back and do ur job as a father, make all the duas and still hope to get some luck so that ur daughters don't end up giving u heart attack.
Can you imagine your daughter going on a date with a guy?:liberaltears:

What did we do when we took out girls?:mjlol:

It would be very unwise to not expect the same treatment if not worse.:francis:

Exactly. We know what happens to girls when they are taken out on a "date". Being half naked is a bad start and should be rejected.

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
I cant say anything about this after watching and dating with girls.
:pachah1:
I should make dawah to my own soul:mjlol:
Even if i see a hijabi sucking gus in park. I would mind my own business. Iam the one who needs salvation.:jcoleno:

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Western? I was talking about Islamic law. Women have greater right to custody in Islam as well.

Islamqa: In principle custody belongs to them :damnmusic:
This is indicated by the hadeeth of β€˜Abd-Allaah ibn β€˜Amr (may Allaah be pleased with him) according to which a woman said: O Messenger of Allaah, my womb was a vessel for this son of mine, and my breasts gave him to drink, and my lap was a refuge for him, but his father has divorced me and he wants to take him away from me. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to her: β€œYou have more right to him so long as you do not remarry.” Narrated by Ahmad (6707) and Abu Dawood (2276); classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, and classed as saheeh by Ibn Katheer in Irshaad al-Faqeeh (2/250).*

In Somalia the father gets the custody of the kids:rejoice:

Really disappointed in you, with this post. There is nothing destructive about feminism, it's actually the complete opposite. Feminism is demanding men end their destructiveness towards women. I am feminists, and I do not hate men.

Can u explain to me why a Somali girl like you needs to be a feminist? In what ways do Somali men oppress Somali women? Be specific.

It's not about where you raise your daughter/son but how. A good parent knows the temptation of this Dunya is real (they too have been young). They will talk to their kids about it and teach them how to not fall into sin.

Some of you talk like people back home are all angelic. I see what some of them get up to on instagram/snapchat. You gonna be in for some awakening if you think they are all so clueless.

Could be just banter but the way some guys talk about women is unnatural, like they don't have sisters.

Having a daughter would be a blessing and realistically less of a headache. Just look at how your sisters turned out compared

your brothers

This is indicated by the hadeeth of β€˜Abd-Allaah ibn β€˜Amr (may Allaah be pleased with him) according to which a woman said: O Messenger of Allaah, my womb was a vessel for this son of mine, and my breasts gave him to drink, and my lap was a refuge for him, but his father has divorced me and he wants to take him away from me. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to her: β€œYou have more right to him so long as you do not remarry.” Narrated by Ahmad (6707) and Abu Dawood (2276); classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, and classed as saheeh by Ibn Katheer in Irshaad al-Faqeeh (2/250).*

In Somalia the father gets the custody of the kids:rejoice:

Yes, one of the conditions is as long as she doesn't remarry. Otherwise custody is rightfully hers.

Some parts or all over the country? I don't see how this works considering how the Somali household is set up. Generally Somali men respect the role of the mother and her part in bringing up the kids. I can't see a Somali man taking away kids from their hooyo, and I can't see it being acceptable in our culture/society.

ThreeTwentyOne

It's too damn HOT!
'll give you one example. When women entered the work-force en masse in the 1960's, thanks to the cultural revolution

There's a reason for this, women did not have their men around because they were fighting in wars at the time. They had kids and themselves to look out for which is why they did enter the workforce in the first place. It was too much of a risk to wait for a loved one to return from war.

Feminism teaches that to be a house-wife is to be oppressed and have convinced women that working will emancipate them.

I don't know much about the consequences of feminism, but I'm sure if you are going to define what it is, it was to give women the option to do what wasn't possible before. Don't let the media or the things online change what feminism truly means, just like how the media portrays Islam, please try to keep an open mind. I always want the best for our women.

I don't think being a housewife is stigmatized at all but with the way things are looking nowadays you can't really live off on just one income unless you are well-off, right? Then there's the threat of divorce, what will happen to the women if she ends up divorcing her sole provider? It's a risky situation to be put in.

You speak about women like they are cattle. Marriage is a trade off between father/brother and husband?? Where does the woman come into all this. Why are you fixated on the "deed" when it comes to your daughter/sister, why do you not mention the son/brother all at?

I was addressing @Axmed Xaji's point that men's obsession with making sure their daughters remain chaste until marriage makes little sense since ones daughter will become sexual no matter what, whether inside of a marriage or outside of one. I partially agreed with him, because a thinking man can see that marriage is merely window dressing and doesn't really change the reality that their daughter is a sexual being and will be having sex with a man. @Axmed Xaji was saying that this is something men just have to come to terms with, and I was arguing that yes we have to come to terms with it and it's the institution of marriage that has allowed us to do that. That's why I described marriage as a meta-coping mechanism for men that assuages their fear of their once 'innocent' daughter becoming sexual, and it does this by removing the social taboo associated with the act and by accruing numerous important benefits to the family as a whole.

So in reality I'm not speaking about women like they are cattle. I'm was just explaining to @Axmed Xaji why fathers/brothers want marriage for their daughters/sisters over dating, even though they both lead to the same thing.

I didn't talk about the woman's perspective because I was talking about the perspective of fathers/brothers. It would make little sense to add a perspective that has little to do with my point.

Last edited:
It's not about where you raise your daughter/son but how. A good parent knows the temptation of this Dunya is real (they too have been young). They will talk to their kids about it and teach them how to not fall into sin.

Some of you talk like people back home are all angelic. I see what some of them get up to on instagram/snapchat. You gonna be in for some awakening if you think they are all so clueless.

Exactly, they think girls back home are "good girls" :mjlol:

Man oh man are they in for a rude awakening :mjhaps:

Simply these girls felt victims to your constantly liking and appreciating naked Ethiopian s. They are victims of your lust.

We love Somali Queens and will end up being married to Somali Queens:gucciwhat:

Ethiopian women are like action figures, you just play with them and that's it, we will not wife them nor are they worthy of a mehr :gucciwhat:

They eat raw meat for crying out loud! :gucciwhat:

Simodi

Chilling in Quljeed
Yes, one of the conditions is as long as she doesn't remarry. Otherwise custody is rightfully hers.

Some parts or all over the country? I don't see how this works considering how the Somali household is set up. Generally Somali men respect the role of the mother and her part in bringing up the kids. I can't see a Somali man taking away kids from their hooyo, and I can't see it being acceptable in our culture/society.

Your right. Islamically, the woman will have custody until the child reaches the age of 7 and then he/she will be asked who they want to live with. Their mother or their father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts