there is a clear obvious difference when the 2
Are spoken

These people make too many stereotypes

They think we arabs tho
They blind asfuck

Maybe our black skin makes them see different colour

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Because there are common sounds within Somali and Arabic. The guttural "ayn" and "xa" sounds are what they pick up on, so they immediately say, "Hey that sounds like Arabic or a middle-eastern language!". It's got nothing to do with people thinking Somalis are Arab.

Because there are common sounds within Somali and Arabic. The guttural "ayn" and "xa" sounds are what they pick up on, so they immediately say, "Hey that sounds like Arabic or a middle-eastern language!". It's got nothing to do with people thinking Somalis are Arab.

They are stupid if that is the only things their ears can pick up and make judgement
arabic has such an obvious sound to it i dont know how anyone
Can mistake any language on this planet for it

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
They are stupid if that is the only things their ears can pick up and make judgement
arabic has such an obvious sound to it i dont know how anyone
Can mistake any language on this planet for it
Do you seriously think a white person brought up in the west, with no knowledge of Arabic past the "durka durka" memes, would be observant enough to distinguish between the two languages? It is like saying Mandarin and Japanese sound similar, they don't, but because there are one or two distinctive sounds common to both, they say they sound similar.

Do you seriously think a white person brought up in the west, with no knowledge of Arabic past the "durka durka" memes, would be observant enough to distinguish between the two languages? It is like saying Mandarin and Japanese sound similar, they don't, but because there are one or two distinctive sounds common to both, they say they sound similar.
Im sure if they listened properly for 20 seconds it is morethan enoughh

It's because white people are ignorant af :drakekidding: They think Hindi and Persian sounds like Arabic too. They see a Muslim and automatically think 'Arab'.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
I wonder what Somali sounds like to people who have never heard it before. Someone should do an experiment.

@ሕጊ።። how does Somali sound to you? can you differentiate between Somali, Oromo and Afar?

I wonder what Somali sounds like to people who have never heard it before. Someone should do an experiment.

@ሕጊ።። how does Somali sound to you? can you differentiate between Somali, Oromo and Afar?

I can definitely tell it apart from Oromo, and although harder I can tell it apart from Afar too. But then again I have technically heard it and still do on the streets.
For me it's kind of easy to tell apart...

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
I can definitely tell it apart from Oromo, and although harder I can tell it apart from Afar too. But then again I have technically heard it and still do on the streets.
For me it's kind of easy to tell apart...

I guessed Afar would be more difficult to tell apart from Somali.

I think Tigrinya sounds more like Arabic than Amharic does, although both sound like Arabic. Amharic is more abrupt while Tigrinya is flowy like Arabic. I speak Arabic fluently and listening to Afwerki is like listening to a Rendille speaker, I feel like I should be understanding what he is saying.

I guessed Afar would be more difficult to tell apart from Somali.

I think Tigrinya sounds more like Arabic than Amharic does, although both sound like Arabic. Amharic is more abrupt while Tigrinya is flowy like Arabic. I speak Arabic fluently and listening to Afwerki is like listening to a Rendille speaker, I feel like I should be understanding what he is saying.
I think it's phonology too. Tigrinya shares some more sounds that Amharic doesn't have with Arabic. But there are a lot of cognates in both, just hard to sometimes link words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts