why do white people think somali sounds like arabic

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
You speak Somali, obviously no other language is going to sound similar.:icon lol:

It's not a click:reallymaury:, and the classification is based on more than just phonology. There is no other family that Somali will fit in unless it had it's own language family.:icon lol:

:damn:

I had a feeling the Cushitic group is just a bunch of languages that can't keep classified any other way.

And no I can definitely say that afar has similarities to somali I'm not being biased at all. I wish there were OROMOS on this forum to give their input on the somali language.

Lol Oromo is also clicking sounds as well. I don't get this Cushitic classification. This language is supposed to be our closest relative.

what do you think of the rendille

You speak Somali, obviously no other language is going to sound similar.:icon lol:

It's not a click:reallymaury:, and the classification is based on more than just phonology. There is no other family that Somali will fit in unless it had it's own language family.:icon lol:
why are you so touchy about the click sound. it clearly exists although it is not as pronouced. i bet if i google click and amharic i wont be the first entry.:childplease:

:damn:

I had a feeling the Cushitic group is just a bunch of languages that can't keep classified any other way.

And no I can definitely say that afar has similarities to somali I'm not being biased at all. I wish there were OROMOS on this forum to give their input on the somali language.

Afar and Rendille sound the closest to me with Somali.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
what do you think of the rendille

why are you so touchy about the click sound. it clearly exists although it is not as pronouced. i bet if i google click and amharic i wont be the first entry.:childplease:

Rendille is probably old somali mixed with Nilotic with borana oromo. No way their language didn't have any influence from there neighbours considering how they now dress and marry into Masai.

Because it's not a click:mjlol:.
None of which Amharic nor Tigrinya have :bell:. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ejective_consonant
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080210144310AA5F8fK

you are stupid.
Kathrin. First of all I dont even believe you are white, I believe you are an undercover Ethiopian with problems. We dont have clicks in our language, but like someone pointed out we have accent marks that might sound like clicks but they arent really **clicks**
and Amharic does not sound like arabic and spanish. Our language is afro semitic/asiatic
spanish is a European Roman lingua and Arabic is purely semitic.
Afro semitic languages are spoken all the way from Egypt to Mozambique/comoros in sourthern Africa.
:dead::dead1::deadmanny:

http://friendsoffreshandgreen.com/the-academy/amharic-ethiopias-ancient-language

Several of the consonants are pronounced at the back of the throat and to an outsider, it sounds like a “clicking noise.” Almost impossible to imitate for an English speaker.

:fantasia2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts