Why do non Arab Muslims have to pray and read the Quran in Arabic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it better to do it in a language you understand? Why do we have to memorise the quran at an early age without even knowing the contents of what we're reading. Isn't the whole point of the Quran being given to us so that we can read, understand and implement it's teachings in our lives?
:mindblown:

its not difficult to understand the Quran, I don't even speak Arabic and I can understand it. the Quran should be kept as it is, otherwise it's just a translation. And it only takes a little sitting down to comprehend it.

Because Allah revealed it in Arabic duh.
Learning it at a young age without knowing the meaning helps when it comes to finally studying the language, converts who have never studied Arabic find it very hard at first because they have to start from scratch. The Qur'an is a linguistic miracle it can only be fully appreciated in the language it was revealed in.

its not difficult to understand the Quran, I don't even speak Arabic and I can understand it. the Quran should be kept as it is, otherwise it's just a translation. And it only takes a little sitting down to comprehend it.
I cannot understand Arabic at all. How do you understand the Quran if you dont understand Arabic
:childplease:

Because Allah revealed it in Arabic duh.
Learning it at a young age without knowing the meaning helps when it comes to finally studying the language, converts who have never studied Arabic find it very hard at first because they have to start from scratch. The Qur'an is a linguistic miracle it can only be fully appreciated in the language it was revealed in.
So all Muslims have to learn Arabic?

You have to pray in Arabic and you read the Qur;an in Arabic. At the very least you should learn the meaning of what you're reading. Seeking knowledge is obligatory on every Muslim. Obviously not everyone will be a scholar but you have to seek knowledge.

TooMacaan

VIP
To spread Arab culture and attempt cultural domination...
anigif_enhanced-buzz-10355-1445303914-5_preview.gif

:salute:Respect to all the anti-arab-booty clapping peeps in Iran, Somalia, Turkey, and all other Muslim majority nations for retaining their own indigenous language though. Fardowsa is probably proud!! R.I.P to the endangered Amazigh and Nubian culture...

Last edited:

If you are committed yes. It is not mandatory. But it helps one to get the best out of their communication with their creator. Sometimes people who never heard of the Quran stop on their tracks and listen to it when it is blaring from somewhere. The QURAN has it is own power that takes hold of the human heart in Arabic.

There are youtube videos where some guy does social experiment by asking random people in downtown to listen to the QURAN without telling them. Overwhelming reply is positive and they say it is soothing and calming.

One time an atheist girl, emo type sitting up on a grass listened to it and was surprised it had to do with religion. Saxib, Quran is the word of god and has a power on its own. Whether people read it in translation or In Arabic when they understand, no other book has that impact

Last edited:
I cannot understand Arabic at all. How do you understand the Quran if you dont understand Arabic
:childplease:
Classical Arabic is a lot simpler than msa. in the Quran you hear the same phrases over and over and over time I've picked up more phrases and words. For example if you hear the phrases khalaqa samawati wal ardh wouldn't you know what that means

Classical Arabic is a lot simpler than msa. in the Quran you hear the same phrases over and over and overtime I've picked up more phrases and words. For example if you hear the phrases khalaqa samawati wal ardh wouldn't you know what that means
Heaven? Or sky? Earth? Or am i just chatting shit
:pachah1:

If you are committed yes. It is not mandatory. But it helps one to get the best of their communication with their creator. Sometimes people who never heard of the Quran stop on their tracks and listen to it when it is blaring from somewhere. The QURAN has it is own power that takes hold of the human heart in Arabic.

There are youtube vidoes where some guy does social experiment by asking random people in downtown to listen to the QURAN without telling them. Overwhelming reply is positive and they say it is soothing and calming.

One time an atheist girl, emo type sitting up on a grass listened to it and was surprised it had to do with religion. Saxib, Quran is the word of god and has a power on its own. Whether people read it in translation or In Arabic when they understand, no other book has that impact

:notsureif:
:notsureif:

Ok. Makes sense.

To spread Arab culture and attempt cultural domination...
anigif_enhanced-buzz-10355-1445303914-5_preview.gif

:salute:Salute to all the anti-arab-booty clapping peeps in Iran, Somalia, Turkey and all other Muslim majority nations for retaining their own indigenous language though. Fardowsa is probably proud!! R.I.P to the endangered Berber and Nubian culture...

That is not the case. God chooses what he wants and does as he pleases. Arabic is similar to all other languages mankind speaks and spoke. Jesus spoke Aramaic and Hebrew. Muslims do not question a prophet's ethnicity and language but believe in all because their message was the same.

To someone who believes in God, they would not care what language or race his messenger belongs to. People who don't understand God are the people who are obsessed with race and linguistic differences when it comes to Religion.

The attitude of people who ding Islam for Arabic are the people who are okay with supposed son of God painted as white and with blue eyes even though obviously that is ridiculously stupid and they know it. These individuals and societies want God to be racist. That is how extreme they went with ethnic obsession.

Muslims embrace all prophets of God. Regardless of race and language.

فَإِنَّمَا يَسَّرْنَاهُ بِلِسَانِكَ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَتَذَكَّرُونَ
Thus We have revealed this [Qur'an] to you in your own tongue so that they may take heed.

Qur'an was revealed in Saudi Arabia especially in Makkah and medihah. It was simply revealed in the language of the region of that people of that time so that they could understand it

Status
Not open for further replies.